New Member in Missouri

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

New Member in Missouri

Postby will-munny » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:56 pm

Hello All, Although i am not a teardrop owner and I dont know if you can classify my TT as tiny, (its a 14 ft ameri-lite) this is as close as I could find as far as small TT go. We graduated from a pop up last year but wanted something small and easy to tow. Anyway I will start with some of my reviews from campgrounds that we have stayed.

KOA in springfield. Very nice, clean, but at $40 per night a little expensive.

Hootentown in stone county on the James River. A little rough. One spot with electric and water, the rest of the campground is mostly for tent camping. Porta potty for restroom and no showers, though lots of fun .

James River outfitters, Galena MO this is where we go 4-5 times per year. Family oriented campground on the James River. Great for floating and tons of fun. We love it here.

We have stayed at several in the Bennett Spings area on the Niangua River. Though most are pretty nice, we find it a little to wild for us and our kids. 20 years ago this would have been the place for me.

Cottonwoods RV in Columbia, Very nice, clean everything, pool and next to the Boone County Fairgrounds.

Twin Bridges Campground on the North Fork of the White River Near Cabool MO It was fun, about 15 sites with electric and water, the rest is tent camping. Nice campground, nice owners, 15 hour float about killed me.

Sorry for the long post, but looking forward to meeting some folks along the way.
will-munny
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:14 pm

Image to the playground Will (I hope).

I have wondered if James River recovered from the flood. Bad the year I was going to check it out. Thanks for the campgrounds. :twisted:

We are getting together at Mill Creek near Kimberling city the last weekend of April. Would love to have you!

http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=34760
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby quadworks » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:29 pm

Welcome from Iowa!
quadworks
Teardrop Advisor

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:20 pm

Welcome from Rayville MO. Hope to see you out somewhere. We'll probably have a gathering some time this fall at Knob Noster which is pretty close to you.

Gary
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby WarPony » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:24 pm

Ahhhhhhhhh, another canoe enthusiast!!! :twisted: We like the Niangua and have camped at Riverfront Campground near the springs. Twin Bridges is good, too but how many miles did you canoe that took so long?

Done the Gasconade, Big Elk, Little Sugar, Current, Meramec, Black, Upper White, Niangua and a couple of more that I can't think of right now.

Hey, bring that TTT to a gathering!!!!!!!

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby will-munny » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:47 am

well, it was a combination of a 13 mile float, a few cases of beer, about 18 people in the group, two of which were passed out from the night before and never recovered so we had to basically carry them down the river. lots of sandbar stopping and cooking and whatever, and before you know it the day is gone. It was fun. One of those trips that you want to forget but always remember.
will-munny
Teardrop Inspector

Postby toolman » Wed May 05, 2010 12:29 pm

Another new member with suggestions.

I don't have a TT or TD all I have right now is a utility trailer. Anyway, I could suggest my area. I live on Bull Shoals Lake (Theodosia) which has a campground on the lake for more info check out this web site.

http://www.swl.usace.army.mil/parks/bul ... #Theodosia

Or, there are other place on this lake.

There is also Norfork Lake, too. Most of the water is in Arkansas with just a little on Missouri. Here is a list of the campgrounds on this lake.

http://www.swl.usace.army.mil/parks/nor ... dsmaps.htm

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Jerry
toolman
Teardrop Advisor

Return to North Central