Fort Scott via Crawford

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby Nathan N » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:54 pm

2KIRKS wrote:sorry i couldn't make it down... hopefully i'll be able to catch up with the "north central" group again next year.

nathan: maybe you could design some sort of mini-crib for my trailer??

Hi Tim,
It would have been a long haul. I am sure we will be seeing you before long. I am working on the details for our spring gathering and I think you will like it.

There are several folks that have rigged up bunks for lil ones in their tears. Last year at Crawford I grabbed this photo of one:

Check out the links that Sharon has at this page:
http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=613166&highlight=bunk#613166

I will have to ponder a while...
Last edited by Nathan N on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nathan N
Lifetime member

Postby SandyD » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:40 am

Checking in ~~ I made it home okay and actually slept one more night in my driveway. The neighbor parked in such a manner I couldn't back up my tear into the garage and I didn't want to leave the garage door open.

Miriam ~ thank you, you fixed my rear running light. The power of a screwdriver :D

I'm trying to figure out if I got water under the urethane by the left trim from driving in the rain. For the life of me, I can't remember if it looked this way before. You'd think after crawling all over the tear for three coats of urethane this spring, I'd have memorized every corner of it. So since it looks different to me, I've sanded a spot and marked it with a pencil to see if it dries or if that's just discoloration from the epoxy.

ImageImage

If I have gotten water intrusion along the edge there, the only place I can think of that it could have happened is from under the trim that runs across the top there. Everything else looks completely sealed.

I'm wondering if I should just sand the front here and CPES it as the front will always get the most brutal punishment from rain and road.

I had a blast meeting everyone. Great food and great company.

Sandy
Sandy

It's the Little Things that Getcha !!
ImageImageImage
SandyD
Teardrop Master

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:29 pm

:) Young lady you are having way too much fun... ;) Looks like water to me too :( and I think you have the right idea. If you can get a straw---put some CPES along that edge and blow it in the cracks. Works with epoxy too, as long as it is semi-liquid. Dry mouth helps. 8) :lol:

Woody's take maintenance.

Happy to hear you made it safe and the lights work. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby SandyD » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:02 pm

Miriam C. wrote::)If you can get a straw---put some CPES along that edge and blow it in the cracks. Works with epoxy too, as long as it is semi-liquid. Dry mouth helps. 8) :lol:

That sounds downright dangerous for me. My luck ----->>> :MLAS
Sandy

ImageImageImage
SandyD
Teardrop Master

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:47 pm

SandyD wrote:
Miriam C. wrote::)If you can get a straw---put some CPES along that edge and blow it in the cracks. Works with epoxy too, as long as it is semi-liquid. Dry mouth helps. 8) :lol:

8) :lol: Let me add a few more words to that. You put the CPES in a bottle or something you can squeeze it out of. Then you blow AIR to push the CPES in the cracks.... 8)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Darren » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:01 pm

Maybe one of those syringes that you inject seasoning in meat would work. :thinking:
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Postby 2KIRKS » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:26 pm

nathan: do you know who's trailer that bunk was in? i think that arrangement could work well.
nites camped 2012 - 1
nites camped 2011 - 0
nites camped 2010 - 21
nites camped 2009 - 35
2KIRKS
Teardrop Master

Postby Darren » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:54 pm

2KIRKS wrote:nathan: do you know who's trailer that bunk was in? i think that arrangement could work well.

Hey Tim, I think that was toys4tj. They are on this forum. They don't post a lot so you might try PM'ing them.
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Postby SandyD » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:58 pm

Miriam C. wrote:
SandyD wrote:

8) :lol: Let me add a few more words to that. You put the CPES in a bottle or something you can squeeze it out of. Then you blow AIR to push the CPES in the cracks.... 8)

That sounds like a plan :thumbsup:

Glad you clarified. I was wondering how I'd explain that one to the EMTs when they arrived to remove me from my tear :?

I'm from Minnesota, y'know ~ we've been known to freeze ourselves to flag poles and mailboxes in the winter just for fun :snow
Sandy

ImageImageImage
SandyD
Teardrop Master

Postby Nathan N » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:38 pm

Victor Star wrote:
2KIRKS wrote:nathan: do you know who's trailer that bunk was in? i think that arrangement could work well.

Hey Tim, I think that was toys4tj. They are on this forum. They don't post a lot so you might try PM'ing them.

Thanks Darren, that's the right trailer Tim.
Nathan N
Lifetime member

Postby Nathan N » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:43 pm

SandyD wrote:
Miriam C. wrote:
SandyD wrote:

That sounds like a plan :thumbsup:

Glad you clarified. I was wondering how I'd explain that one to the EMTs when they arrived to remove me from my tear :?

I'm from Minnesota, y'know ~ we've been known to freeze ourselves to flag poles and mailboxes in the winter just for fun :snow

Oh my! :lol:
Glad you came down and visited. Glad you made it back home. Did you think the neighbors just wanted an opportunity to make that popcorn and watch you back into the garage? This way they didn't miss a thing. :thinking:
Nathan N
Lifetime member

Postby 2KIRKS » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:48 pm

i sent him a PM...

how would you anchor something like that to the walls of the trailer so that it could carry the load of a child? i'm assuming it would be near impossible to find a "stud" within the walls?
nites camped 2012 - 1
nites camped 2011 - 0
nites camped 2010 - 21
nites camped 2009 - 35
2KIRKS
Teardrop Master

Postby Nathan N » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:21 am

2KIRKS wrote:i sent him a PM...

how would you anchor something like that to the walls of the trailer so that it could carry the load of a child? i'm assuming it would be near impossible to find a "stud" within the walls?

Depends on how your trailer is constructed. Are you sure it has studs? Or is it solid plywood sides? Insulated walls? Lil Guy should be able to tell you.

Just watch length of screws so they don't go all the way through the outside of wall.
Nathan N
Lifetime member

Postby FireLion » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:20 am

Get 2 sets of closet rod holders and 2 1 1/4' poles the length of the width of the inside of your trailer, then sew up a hammock of sorts so that the poles go through each side.
'How can ya get away from it all if ya take it all with ya?'
2004 Ford Escape Ltd.
2012 Coleman tent-no wheels, no A/C, no hitch
FireLion
500 Club

Postby SandyD » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:30 am

Here's more than you could ever want to know,,,,, The Hammock Forum :lol:

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/
Sandy

ImageImageImage
SandyD