Kite Lake Campground?

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Kite Lake Campground?

Postby jambie » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:29 pm

Anyone have info on this campground regarding suitability for dry camping in a teardrop? Sounds like the perfect location for us to explore...otherwise, where near Breckenridge?

Cheers,
Tom
jambie
Teardrop Advisor

Postby h2a2p » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:43 am

maybe too late for a reply here, but just in case...

i enjoyed kite lake when we tent camped there 5-6 years ago in early summer. hiked a couple 14r's right from the campsite, lots of wildflowers and little waterfalls on the mountainside. i think the campground was just a lot/field with no outhouse or anything... its been awhile though, hard to remember, and things may have changed.

i do recall a rough spot or two driving in and out though. we did have to drive into and across a flowing stream at one point. i would maybe advise to scope out the road going in first and make sure it looked doable with your vehicle and trailer.

we also had a nice camp spot along the north side of Lake Dillon in Frisco... can't recall the name, but i believe it was a forest service campground.
"what do you need a hitch for? you can't tow anything with a subaru!"
h2a2p
Teardrop Inspector

Return to North Central