Madison County Bridges Gathering - August 19-21, 2011

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Would you be interested in a Madison County Brides Gathering (Iowa) in 2011

Yes
77%
No
8%
Maybe?
15%

Total votes : 26

Postby Darren » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:30 pm

Bodyman wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Careful Darren We Iowans consider noon to be dinnertime. I think you mean supper!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Randy

You all can come and hang out all day. We call the noon meal lunch. :lol:
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Winterset

Postby queeniejeanne » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:21 am

Jay, that is just so darn sweet of you to consider helping us out in any way......if you could make sure my space is raked and the fire pit cleared of debri, also the table needs to be leveled and any uneven spot sorta spread flat...etc, etc.. :lady: :lady: :lady: :lady: :lady: :lady: :lady: :lady: :lady: :lady: :Smile: :Smile: :Smile: :Smile: :Smile: :Smile: :Smile: ..Oh yea and we call it supper down here in SW Missouri too, usually at 5:30 or so on Sat is a spread not to be beat.....dinner/lunch is cold sandwiches and we general have a little to drink and a huge fire, in a pit of course.

Queenie Jeanne and Dennis
Last edited by queeniejeanne on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
HEY a tiny trailer. Whatever it takes.
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Postby onemanbander » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:59 am

Randy wasn't the one to offer to help- I was- and you can call me Jay.
Also, I don't believe I offered to help "in any way"... just help...

With that said, I'll make sure your site is spic and span... and if it's not to your specifications you can send your complaints to my complaint department. :)

You can all expect me to come by and check out your rigs and maybe get in on some grub too while I'm at it.
onemanbander
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Bodyman » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:19 am

Yeah Jeannie Give credit where credit is due. ;) ;)
Besides I'm not talking to you 'cause you're not coming to Beaver's Bend.
Randy
Bodyman
Gold Donating Member

Bridges of Madison Country

Postby queeniejeanne » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:35 am

I am totally appalled at the person :oops: using my avatar and writing all this stuff did not have the courtesy to give credit where credit is due and /or use the correct given name.

Jay your offer is above and beyond and I will pay with ribs and/or boneless beef short ribs...have a new recipe want to try out.

Randy, sorry to be a no show at Broken bow....work must be done to pay for all the deposits we have up... :lol:

Queenie Jeanne
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Postby GeoDrop » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:01 am

I've updated the first post with a list of attendee's. We have 5 confirmed attendee's. If anyone else has reserved and isn't on the list, please let me know.

This is also a reminder to get your reservation made! :-)
Matthew (& Sandi)
The GeoDrop
GeoDrop
Donating Member

camp

Postby tjx » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:04 pm

Thought we best let you guys know there will be four additional sites filled with teardroppers...we have sites 28, 30, 32, and 34. :)

As we are coming from all different directions (Nebraska, Minnestoa, Wisconsin & Illiniois) to join the party :twisted:
it will be first come first serve to the four sites.

Let us know if we need anything special. :thinking:

Looking forward to meeting everyone. Randy we already know and hope he decides to attend also.

Tina & Jerry
tjx
Teardrop Master

Postby Sonoma ZR2 » Mon May 23, 2011 9:10 pm

The McGregor's got site 25. Now to get the trailer built. If not we'll pitch a tent.
Sonoma ZR2
Teardrop Master

Postby GeoDrop » Mon May 23, 2011 9:14 pm

Sonoma ZR2 wrote:The McGregor's got site 25. Now to get the trailer built. If not we'll pitch a tent.

Great! That brings us up to 10 campers so far.
Matthew (& Sandi)
The GeoDrop
GeoDrop
Donating Member

Things to Do

Postby GeoDrop » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:33 am

My Iowa Visitors Guide arrived the other day... so thought I'd start outline some of the 'touristy' things to do nearby while camping. I'll put together a package when we get closer to going for everyone.

Madison County Covered Bridges - There are 6 that are still standing that we can visit. Map of Bridges and movie locations

John Wayne Birthplace

Bevington-Kaser Mansion/Historical Complex

Winterset Arts Center

Two wineries close by... the Madison County Winery and the Two Saints Winery.
Matthew (& Sandi)
The GeoDrop
GeoDrop
Donating Member

madison

Postby queeniejeanne » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:35 am

Looking so good.[/code]
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Postby Sonoma ZR2 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:34 pm

The 2nd Annual BBQ Shootout is scheduled to take place Saturday, August 20th and Sunday August 21st on the square in Winterset, Iowa. For more information contact the Chamber at 515.462.1185. More information to come! This event will be held in conjunction with Winterset Bike Night.

Saturday, August 20th & 21st: Theme:“2nd Annual BBQ Shootout" 12:00 pm - 10:00 pm Saturday, 2nd Annual BBQ Shootout Cook- Off starts, Beer Sales, Lots of BBQ, Vendors.

Winterset BikeNight to begin at 6:00 pm. Good Food & BBQ, Beer Sales, Vendors, Raffle Drawing, Madison County motorcycle tours (a Road Captain will take groups around to the bridges, etc.), Freshly Squeezed Lemonade Stand & the Band "Double Barrel" @ 7:00 pm.

Sunday 12:00 pm-6:00 pm; BBQ Judging, Beer Sales, BBQ, Food, Vendors, Motorcycles & car show.

Farmer's Market

The Farmer's Market will begin on Saturday, May 15th. The Market will be on the Madison County Courthouse lawn every Saturday from May 15th through October 2nd from 7:30-11:00am.
Category: Area News
Posted by: chamber

Stop on the square for fresh food, vegetables, plants and more!

Courtesy of http://madisoncounty.com/
Sonoma ZR2
Teardrop Master

Postby GeoDrop » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:45 pm

Thanks Sonoma! This is perfect timing..... I love BBQ and a great reason for people to come.

Sonoma ZR2 wrote:The 2nd Annual BBQ Shootout is scheduled to take place Saturday, August 20th and Sunday August 21st on the square in Winterset, Iowa. For more information contact the Chamber at 515.462.1185. More information to come! This event will be held in conjunction with Winterset Bike Night.

Saturday, August 20th & 21st: Theme:“2nd Annual BBQ Shootout" 12:00 pm - 10:00 pm Saturday, 2nd Annual BBQ Shootout Cook- Off starts, Beer Sales, Lots of BBQ, Vendors.

Winterset BikeNight to begin at 6:00 pm. Good Food & BBQ, Beer Sales, Vendors, Raffle Drawing, Madison County motorcycle tours (a Road Captain will take groups around to the bridges, etc.), Freshly Squeezed Lemonade Stand & the Band "Double Barrel" @ 7:00 pm.

Sunday 12:00 pm-6:00 pm; BBQ Judging, Beer Sales, BBQ, Food, Vendors, Motorcycles & car show.

Farmer's Market

The Farmer's Market will begin on Saturday, May 15th. The Market will be on the Madison County Courthouse lawn every Saturday from May 15th through October 2nd from 7:30-11:00am.

Matthew (& Sandi)
The GeoDrop
GeoDrop
Donating Member

Postby Mrs. Rickxr2 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:29 pm

GeoDrop wrote:Thanks Sonoma! This is perfect timing..... I love BBQ and a great reason for people to come.

Sonoma ZR2 wrote:The 2nd Annual BBQ Shootout is scheduled to take place Saturday, August 20th and Sunday August 21st on the square in Winterset, Iowa. For more information contact the Chamber at 515.462.1185. More information to come! This event will be held in conjunction with Winterset Bike Night.

Farmer's Market

How far is all this from the campground?
Sounds like it could be a lot of fun!!
:thumbsup:
Linda

Image Image Image
Mrs. Rickxr2
Teardrop Master

Postby GeoDrop » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:37 pm

The park/campground is 5 miles from town....

Mrs. Rickxr2 wrote:
GeoDrop wrote:Thanks Sonoma! This is perfect timing..... I love BBQ and a great reason for people to come.

Farmer's Market

How far is all this from the campground?
Sounds like it could be a lot of fun!!
:thumbsup:
Matthew (& Sandi)
The GeoDrop
GeoDrop
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to North Central