Madison County Bridges Gathering - August 19-21, 2011

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Would you be interested in a Madison County Brides Gathering (Iowa) in 2011

Yes
77%
No
8%
Maybe?
15%

Total votes : 26

19 Days until Camping!

Postby GeoDrop » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:08 am

Only 19 more days..... I just called and added Thursday night on to our trip and asked about available spots.... 35 & 36 are still available in the loop most of us are camping in.

If you are thinking about coming, now would be a good time to make that reservation!
Matthew (& Sandi)
The GeoDrop
GeoDrop
Donating Member

Madison County Bridges Gathering

Postby groys02 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:22 pm

Late deciding, I know... and for only being 50 miles or so away. Hard to psych up for camping when it's been so hot and humid lately.

Just called the park office---too late, I reckon, but I'll try again in the morning for site 35 or 36... just to round things out.

Gary (Elaine will join me later in weekend when done with a retreat more locally.)

Best wishes to all... it'll be nice to see other tear-droppers.
"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."
— Eleanor Roosevelt
groys02
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Madison County Bridges Gathering

Postby GeoDrop » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:24 am

Good deal.... hopefully this heat wave will break by then... It hit 108 here yesterday and today is supposed to be 109.

groys02 wrote:Late deciding, I know... and for only being 50 miles or so away. Hard to psych up for camping when it's been so hot and humid lately.

Just called the park office---too late, I reckon, but I'll try again in the morning for site 35 or 36... just to round things out.

Gary (Elaine will join me later in weekend when done with a retreat more locally.)

Best wishes to all... it'll be nice to see other tear-droppers.
Matthew (& Sandi)
The GeoDrop
GeoDrop
Donating Member

Madison County Bridges Gathering

Postby groys02 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:35 am

It's done! I'm reserved for site #36. (I suppose this should inspire me to fix up a few things on the unit between now and then... yeah, that could happen...)

Till then,

Gary
"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."
— Eleanor Roosevelt
groys02
Teardrop Advisor

Bridges Gathering at Pammel

Postby queeniejeanne » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:09 pm

We must relinquish our site 33 since we can't come. Sorry.........you know how things go....anyway I thought if anyone wanted our site they can pm me and I will give you the discounted rate: less the 5.00 reservation fee I paid. I will give you my address and you can send me $30.00. Thanks for all the work GEO DROP, I know Dennis and I were one of the first, buttttt....Queenie Jeanne
HEY a tiny trailer. Whatever it takes.
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

bridges

Postby tjx » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:48 am

Countdown is on...only 11 or 12 more days depending on what night you are gathering :applause:

We will be there sometime on Friday and looking forward to seeing old and meeting new friends.
Lots of different states represented here - Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, Illinois, and Wisconsin.
Not sure if someone was attending from Oklahoma? :thumbsup:
tjx
Teardrop Master

Postby Mrs Rayvillian » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:01 pm

Gary and I are planning on doing our regular DO breakfast for everyone on Saturday. For those of you that have never camped with us ..... we do a dutch oven mountain man casserole and a dutch oven batch of homemade cinnamon rolls. :thumbsup: See you all Friday ... probably early afternoon. Trudy
Mrs Rayvillian
Teardrop Master

BBQ Shootout Schedule

Postby GeoDrop » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:32 am

Here is a list of activities this weekend in town that some may be interested in.

Saturday, August 20th
11:00 a.m. Kid’s Activities Open
11:30 noon - 12:00 noon Backyard BBQ Judging
2:00 p.m. Backyard BBQ Awards Presentation
12:00 noon Beer and Wine Garden Opens
11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. Food Vendors
6:00 p.m. Winterset Bike Night Starts
7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Live Entertainment – Black Diamond
11:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m. Quiet Time

Sunday, August 21st
8:00 a.m. Breakfast on the Square
11:00 a.m. Cornhole/Bags Tournament (Double Elimination)
11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Classic Car Show and Shine and Kid’s Activities
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Food Vendors
12:00 noon Beer and Wine Garden Opens
4:00 p.m. Professional Awards Presentation
Matthew (& Sandi)
The GeoDrop
GeoDrop
Donating Member

Postby GeoDrop » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:35 am

Thanks Gary & Trudy.

For those northerners that haven't camped with the KAMO group, plan on a group breakfast Saturday morning. We'll try for the pavilion or we'll pick one of the campsites.

Come and enjoy what Gary & Trudy cook up and if you have something you'd like to bring, we'd welcome that too!

Mrs Rayvillian wrote:Gary and I are planning on doing our regular DO breakfast for everyone on Saturday. For those of you that have never camped with us ..... we do a dutch oven mountain man casserole and a dutch oven batch of homemade cinnamon rolls. :thumbsup: See you all Friday ... probably early afternoon. Trudy
Matthew (& Sandi)
The GeoDrop
GeoDrop
Donating Member

Postby onemanbander » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:11 pm

I am so excited you are coming to Winterset!

I just started a new job and haven't been around much to see how things are coming along for the gathering taking place here in my own back yard, but it appears that you all have it under control.

If there is anything you do need this week before you come to town, please let me know (pm me), I would like to be able to help on this end.

Otherwise, I will be swinging by and checking out your rigs and meeting you all while you are here.

I will make sure my personal information is available to you once you get to town in case of an emergency that I might be able to help with.

Safe travels!
onemanbander
Teardrop Advisor

Postby GeoDrop » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:48 pm

I realize it is only a couple of days away but Sandi wants to know if we should plan a Saturday evening potluck dinner as well. With the BBQ festival going on in town, we aren't sure who's going in and may stay for dinner.

Any opinions?

PS - I like to play things loose but Sandi is a PLANNER and needs to know! :-)
Matthew (& Sandi)
The GeoDrop
GeoDrop
Donating Member

Postby Sonoma ZR2 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:52 pm

Potluck on Saturday night sounds good. I'm gonna bring a chili.
Sonoma ZR2
Teardrop Master

Postby Darren » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:24 am

Potluck sounds good to me but I'll have jalapeno cheddar dogs and MRE's for backup. :)

Almost had to cancel because of a last minute trophy order but I got them shipped out this morning. I'll watch the weather tonight and if all looks good I'll head out tomorrow, I don't like towing in the rain.

Looking forward to meeting some new people and the cool weather, Saturday high is forecast to be 80. :thumbsup:

Be safe.
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

potluck

Postby tjx » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:09 pm

We plan on potluck for Sat night. Not sure yet what but will be DO cooking... :thinking:
tjx
Teardrop Master

Pot Luck

Postby Mrs Rayvillian » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:52 pm

I will plan on making a peach DO cake since it sounds like the main meals are taken care of. Trudy. Cant wait to see everyone. We will probably be there around noon on Friday.
Mrs Rayvillian
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to North Central