Mill Creek II Gathering May 13-15 2011 Now Cricket Creek

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

mill creek II

Postby queeniejeanne » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:59 pm

Thks for the info. We ate having quite the problem with the wet stuff.
Dam is of concern, tornados and storms. Floods in housing areas that just flooded in our 2008 one hundred yr flood. My how time flies. Will hope there is a change in water levels between now and our gathering. Again thanks for the info. Goin to natural falls in ills. Thursday.
HEY a tiny trailer. Whatever it takes.
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Mill Creek II Gathering May 13-15 2011

Postby queeniejeanne » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:55 am

Yes according to Pete, Mill creek is sorta closed down......... temporarily we are hoping. We must remember that we have people whose houses are almost totally underwater....the CORP take line isn't enough when Mother Nature decides to open her flood gates...Beaver Lake has flooded all of their campgrounds. Tablerock on that end has one whole town and another's golf course flooded and of course we all know that Mill Creek and Baxter where actually underwater for two years because all south of us could take no more water. We have flooded our landing and lots of downtown houses also along the shoreline of Taneycomo. CORP spokesman says of our dam: "It is a very difficult decision to make, once it is out you can't suck it back in"
This morning Dennis checked on alternative high area campgrounds. We are looking at higher, newly remodeled CORP parks as a change in case it doesn't lower quickly. I will of course call Mill creek and keep up with on site camp hosts. Further will follow....we have great people volunteering in our parks both CORP and State and they will not let us down. Queenie Jeanne
PS sorry about the last message, everybody knows I have fat finger syndrome and mobile phone dyslexia...... :lol:
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Postby Pete S » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:14 am

Well now the REALLY weird part is that back in '08 we had plans to explore the Ozarks and then the big rains came and mucked up our plans (we wound up going west instead). This time we have our plans (and reservations) in place to come join you at Mill Creek II and once again the rains come... Really weird!
Pete S
Teardrop Advisor

Mill Creek II Gathering May 13-15 2011

Postby queeniejeanne » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:22 am

Pete, please do not hesitate to continue with your plans...we have hills and deep valleys...we are not flat...do not change your plans to come down to the Ozarks for a tour around...plenty are areas that are not flooded....we will change everybody at once if we have an up to date list of attendees, possibly. Will just have to wait and see....but DO NOT CHANGE YOUR PLANS FOR COMING DOWN SOUTH. :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Queenie Jeanne
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Postby Pete S » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:02 am

Oh, we aren't rushing into any big changes just yet. I've been so focused on getting a bunch of camper/boat projects ready "before we head to Mill Creek" that I'm not sure I could switch gears real fast anyhow.

My guess is that the campground is pretty flooded and no-one will really know much till the water goes back down and they can get a good look at things. I'll bet that will be a week or so anyway. Hopefully those COE folks planned for events like this when they re-built the place and getting it back in service will be quick and easy.

Besides, the Mill Creek weekend is still more than two weeks away...
Pete S
Teardrop Advisor

Mill Creek II Gathering May 13-15 2011 now the CRICKET CREEK

Postby queeniejeanne » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:18 pm

Yes, Mill Creek is all flooded and will be for maybe the entire season...We have moved the site of the gathering to Cricket Creek.. We have site #2. All those sites are available but if we wait the reservation people are calling the folks and cancelling and giving refunds or changing them, so the sooner you reserve your site the better.

http://www.reserveamerica.com/campgroun ... rkId=71115

I'm not good at this sort of thing so someone please fix it for me. Queenie

PS It works but Darren if you can get the map on somehow that would be swell or Miriam or Nathan.....see you (some of you) this weekend...we are leaving tonight and will stay along the way...
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Mill Creek

Postby Mrs Rayvillian » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:21 pm

Gary and I have site #3 at Cricket Creek ... sorry we won't get to see you all at the Falls this weekend. Getting sick of the rain and cold weather ..... but we have had nothing like you guys further south. They say that is why we arent getting the severe storms because it is staying so cold. Only 48 today ... Trudy
Mrs Rayvillian
Teardrop Master

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:09 pm

http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/m ... apSwitch=Y

If you switch to the "enhanced map" it will show it.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby queeniejeanne » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:19 pm

Thks M. Your the one.
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

RE: Move from Mill Creek to Cricket Creek

Postby JaneV » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:02 pm

queeniejeanie- ? Tell me how to do this - Do give my old reservation # and tell the reservation site I want to switch to Cricket Creek? (Dumb, I know) - I paid the $76 for Mill Creek already. :thinking:

Also, I was planning on visiting Lake of the Ozarks before the gathering -
Should I re-route my trip from farther south and come UP to Table Rock Lake?

P.S.- I haven't gotten water-wings for the TD yet and not up to giving swimming lessons... :?

Stay dry and see you if the weather holds and the "creek don't rise," well not too much anyway. :thumbsup:
Jane
JaneV
Teardrop Builder

Mill Creek 2011

Postby queeniejeanne » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:48 am

Jane, Lake of the Ozarks isn't flooded that I am aware of...your trip can remain the same except for a change in directions for driving down. Simply stay on US 65 south bound after you leave LO. Lake of the Ozarks is north of us in Branson. Everybody goes different ways from there to here and here to there. :lol: pick yours that's the fun of making your own trip ain't it?

As for your reservations, you must be young and not have an America the Beautiful Pass for 62 and/or handicap from the Fed Gov. Love that pass, couldn't wait till Dennis got old.

The change to a reservation will cost a charge of 7.00 or 10.00 I think. What I did was just go ahead and reserve our spot at Cricket Creek and will let Reserve America call us to say"hey Mill creek is flooded here's your check". That is the way it is supposed to work. Rickx2 called them and they told him they were figuring Mill Creek would open May 8....I think that is bunk...They will hold our money and give back as the dates approach. They aren't going to give it back to soon...they also have to give back their booking fee, since it is they who are doing the cancel, not us. So with that said. I have seen this before: Tablerock Lake will be kept as high as possible to keep as much of the lower areas from flooding any worse than possible. It WILL be closed all year at least. The COE will leave the park that way, Parks are not their priorities. If you really want to know their comments at reserve america do call them. They are very nice to talk to. :? :? :?

You won't be swimming at the campsites at cricket creek that's for sure the topography of the area is cliffy and a drive (not long now) down to the lake. We are so glad to have you. I am going to think that Pete S belongs to you??????????????? :R :R :R :R :R :R

Hope this helped instead of confused. Others may chime in (at least I can hope) with their experiences. Remember that the Cricket Creek is also COE. We love the COE parks. Queenie Jeanne and Dennis
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

park

Postby sHoootR » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:26 am

Jeanne Thanks for the info, We changed to Cricket Creek spot #5

Will just wait on phone call for refund :thumbsup:
sHoootR (Guy) & SemiSweets (Vickie)
sHoootR
Gold Donating Member

Postby Pete S » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:17 am

We've been checking the news and looking at the flood photos. I hate to say it but it looks like our Arkansas trip has been rained out for a second time. What a mess, I sure hope everybody is OK down there! We'll look forward camping with Y'all at next year's gathering (fingers crossed).

We're still hoping to find something we like north of the flood zone for this year, maybe LO...
Last edited by Pete S on Tue May 03, 2011 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pete S
Teardrop Advisor

Mill Creek / Cricket Creek

Postby djayh » Sun May 01, 2011 11:46 am

If you are comeing to Mill Creek , now Cricket Creek , you need to make your reservations NOW !!! That campground is one of the only ones in the area that is not flooded and the sites will go FAST !!!

http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/m ... apSwitch=Y
djayh
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Nathan N » Mon May 02, 2011 7:04 pm

We are in #8.

If I don't forget:

Nathan
Nathan N
Lifetime member

PreviousNext

Return to North Central