Bayfield Peninsula Campground Info...

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Bayfield Peninsula Campground Info...

Postby Pete S » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:39 am

Has anyone else noticed that it is mighty tough to find a campground on the Bayfield WI peninsula that accepts reservations? More importantly, has anyone found a campground they liked up there that DOES accept reservations? I assume all the campgrounds fill up on summer weekends and we won't get there till some time on Saturday.

I found the private campground in Bayfield but that seems to have a scary reputation. Apparently Washburn and Bayfield city parks don't accept reservations. The location of the indian reservation campground looks incredible but apparently only one of the two bathrooms is open and it doesn't sound like going in that one is recommended.

Its the weirdest thing...
Pete S
Teardrop Advisor

camp

Postby tjx » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:04 pm

Amnicon and Patterson State parks are nice but a couple hours from bayfield.
tjx
Teardrop Master

Postby Pete S » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:50 am

Maybe we are just spoiled. For this year we've been able to reserve a bunch of what look to be amazing campsites, almost all of which are right on the shoreline. I'm really looking forward to our summer adventures.

The Bayfield area is just not cooperating I tell ya...
Pete S
Teardrop Advisor

Return to North Central