MO-KAN gathering at Clinton Lake, KS on Sept. 10-11, 2005

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:37 pm

Gee Dave it's been a while since I've done that, once set 60 trussses 65 foot wide in a day but we had a hoist and I was a lot younger. I bet that we ate better than you did. We all decided that we will have to do this more often next year so you'll have more chances to come.

Here's my pics.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/marmoygar ... /my_photos

Mostly of dinner Sat night.
Gary
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

MO-KAN Gathering

Postby kcgmann98 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:05 pm

Thanks to those campers who so graciously allowed us to look at their trailers and gave us some insight into the construction. I hope we will meet again soon at a gathering to show off our project. Thanks again.

Grant & Kayla
Lee's Summit, MO
kcgmann98
Teardrop Inspector

Postby ElizabethMO » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:27 pm

Thank you, Scott, for posting the pictures. It was the next best thing to being there and I enjoyed them so much. I hope I can join the group sometime in the future.

Apparently we are neighbors of a sort. I live in South K.C, close to Ward Parkway shopping center. There are some pretty nice campgrounds in the area, maybe the group will come to these parts again soon.

Thanks again.
ElizabethMO
Teardrop Builder

Postby Waliczek » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:45 pm

Well, the first annual, semi-annual or twice yearly gathering of the founding fathers (and mothers) of the MO-KAN has ended, and I am proud to say it was a perfect success. Many thanks to Jeff ( Warpony) for proposing the gathering. I am sure that each of the attendee’s will provide you with their version of the trip, but I assure you, that only I will be totally truthful. :lol:
Gary, (Rayvillian) Provided a lot of information on cooking with the Dutch oven, but wife Trudy did all the work. Ps: Trudy, that breakfast was most excellent. :thumbsup:
Jeff (Warpony) put the group together, and then baby-sitted a pork shoulder in the Dutch oven for about 5-6 hours. His significant other, Anne, left for the day to do a charity walk around Arrowhead stadium, came back with her ball cap autographed by Tony Gonzales, so she was on cloud nine for the rest of the day. Jeff, we still luv ya, and the roast was to die for. (Pardon the preposition). :applause:
Dwayne (jetblder) almost got arrested for parking his tiny tear next to his brother-in-law’s 150ft air-conditioned motor home. Only one trailer to the spot. But somehow he sweet-talked his way out of trouble. We think. He just may have ignored the officer and slept in his trailer anyway. We are not quite sure. :twisted:
Scott & Sylvia (s4son) Pulled in with a rental teardrop Lil Guy, currently owned by Gary and Trudy. Scott took what seemed to be a million pictures, I don’t think they we all about tears either. :R
Steve drove up from KC, and stayed in a tent, to look over the tears, and eat our food. :oops:
Julie ( Oklahomajewel) drove all the way from Oklahoma City, and put up her tent. She is serious about building a tear, so we need to be kind, and feed her all the necessary information she asks for. (Damn, another preposition) :D
Then there was I, Tom (Waliczek) truly the epic hero and silent majority of one. Cooker of Polish sausage, bringer of beans, constantly being bombarded with information, provide by people who know a lot more then me. It truly was a hoot, and attended by only the finest of people. I also have pictures. :worship:

Remember, The 5 second rule was in effect concerning the polish sausage.
What happened at Clinton, Stays at Clinton.

God Bless…..
Tom

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wa1iczek/ ... /my_photos
"Toys"--2003 Dodge Dakota--TT Rimple"Gypsy"--1955 Boles Aero Travel Trailer--2002 Sweetwater 20' Pontoon--1982 22' Mcgregor sailboat..
Waliczek
Donating Member

MO-KAN Gathering

Postby sHoootR » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:11 am

Sounds like you all had a wonderful time . sorry I couldn't make it, came down with a nasty summer cold or something. But I really enjoyed the pix of the event. Will hang in here lurking and learning until I can start my TD :o
This forum is really great, the info is unending and really useful to us Wannabee's

Thank again
sHoootR (Guy) & SemiSweets (Vickie)
sHoootR
Gold Donating Member

Previous

Return to North Central