MO-KAN gathering at Clinton Lake, KS on Sept. 10-11, 2005

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby DestinDave » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:30 pm

Julie.. if you are interested in using my site, e-mail me at olde_beachbum at yahoo.com and I'll e-mail the info back to you. Dave
Reality? What a concept!
Building "The Salty Tear" - a photo log of the project.
http://www.bluezenphoto.com/p979644357
DestinDave
500 Club

Saturday breakfast

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:33 pm

Hey everybody Trudy and I will be cooking breakfast for everybody on Saturday.
We do a dutch oven sausage, potatoe and egg bake that is real good and our hens are laying good so we'll bring lots of eggs. Looking forward to seein all of you next weekend.
Gary and Trudy :D
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby Waliczek » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:05 pm

Hello, I am all packed. The trailer is now stocked and ready.
Gary and Trudy-- Sounds Like a great breakfast, I'll make sure I am hungry. Is there anything I can contribute? I can bring Polish Sausage, ( The real thing, Not supermarket stuff) Blood sausage perhaps :lol: . If you need anything else, email or call 816-816-9816.
Tom
"Toys"--2003 Dodge Dakota--TT Rimple"Gypsy"--1955 Boles Aero Travel Trailer--2002 Sweetwater 20' Pontoon--1982 22' Mcgregor sailboat..
Waliczek
Donating Member

ready!

Postby oklahomajewel » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:46 am

Hey y'all.... your Okie neighbor here and making the plans to come!
Got the email from Dave about taking his site and I think I will go ahead and leave work early on Friday so I can get up there before dark. I am getting ready to call or email this okc tear guy and still see if he will let me borrow his, and if so then I'll head to uhaul and get "hitched" ... haha.

Breakfast sounds great -- I will offer to bring some fruit - oranges, canteloupe ... something like that. Does that sound okay? or something else?

I'll depend on you all for a little compassion - I haven't been camping in about 5 years and the soon-to-be-ex would do the fire building etc.

Let's go !!!!!!

Julie

ps... I did go to my local HF store and see about the trailer yesterday.
But didn't bring it home yet. If I'm building a lighter weight TD , is it okay to go with the 1175 lb trailer? Or should I still do the 1800 #?
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

packing & ready !

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:25 am

Okay y'all.... I'm making my list and getting things together !
I'll be bringing some fruit to help with the big breakfast thanks to Gary/Trudy !!!

I plan on leaving here from OKC during the day on Friday and getting there early evening then leaving at leisure Sunday morning.
I'll be bringing my notebook and camera and plan on pestering you tear builders and owners but I'll let you get some rest too !!! haha

Are there any plans for a big dinner Saturday night? I'm trying to figure out what food /drinks to bring.... Anybody already thought of this?

Julie
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

wannabe

Postby sHoootR » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:49 pm

Hey guy just found your forum and have me HOOKED to build my own TD, OK for a wannabe to come up to Clinton Lake this weekend. Would love to check out everyone's TD and take some pix for ideas. Gotta work Sat am ,will not get there til mid afternoon. This forum is #1 in my mind........ :applause:
sHoootR (Guy) & SemiSweets (Vickie)
sHoootR
Gold Donating Member

Postby s4son » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:12 pm

sHoootR,

Feel free to come by. There won't be a lot of us there but there will be a couple different types of trailers.

Scott F.
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

Re: wannabe

Postby WarPony » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:14 pm

sHoootR wrote: OK for a wannabe to come up to Clinton Lake this weekend. Would love to check out everyone's TD and take some pix for ideas.

Yeah, man!! C'mon out and take a look and some pics, too. Alot of the techniques on building will make more sense if you see them in person.
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby JetBlder » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:29 pm

New to your site wish I new about this when I built my trailer it is a woody will be at your camp out Fri around noon have site #275
JetBlder
Teardrop Inspector

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:05 pm

Great guy's the more the merrier. We'll add some more eggs and sausage to the cooler.
Gary :D
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

kewl!

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:13 am

Hey shooter and jet --- glad to have you come along!!! I'll be bringing my camera and notebook w/ the Kubby plans... There are a couple of specific things that will make sense when I see someone's tear in person.
I am packing tonite... the tent, mattress, lantern, clothes, etc. No tear yet but I am almost certain that I'll be ordering a red trailer soon.

I'll bring a couple or three brown bags with some dry twigs and cut branches, I have tons on my lot that have been there more than 6 mos and need to be hauled or burned.

And I'll bring fruit to go along with Gary&Trudy's Breakfast Special... don't know yet if it'll just be strawberries and bananas, or cut oranges or what.

Julie
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

ps.....

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:16 am

..... I'll be tent camping in spot 282 ... Dave donated it to my cause!

DINNER SAT NIGHT!!!!????????

ANYTHING PLANNED ????????? :roll: OR WANNA PLAN?????

I would offer to marinate some chicken drumsticks but would need someone to help me with the fire, and some side dishes...

Julie
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:20 am

Chicken wings sound great. I'm sure we can get you a fire going somehow. No, actually since I've heated with wood for 25 years I,ve started a few in my day. Tom is bring some polish sausage and beans are easy Even I can do them.

Gary
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Wonderful, wonderful weekend

Postby ElizabethMO » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:16 am

This is just a message from a little ole' lady in Kansas City, to say I hope you guys have a really good and special time this weekend. I have been reading your messages and you sound like a group that knows how to have fun and to enjoy your Teardrops and each other.

My husband and I used to camp a great deal, we had a pop-up for many years. Since I would be camping alone now I have seriously considered getting a Teardrop. I think it would be the greatest to come to camp outs like this one.

Do have a great time, eat lots, and show off your pride and joys. I hope you post some messages next week about the things you did and how much fun you had.
ElizabethMO
Teardrop Builder

Elizabeth

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:17 pm

Great Elizabeth!!! Hope you've been able to see the RV Crazy show and the older lady, Marjorie, who was said to be in her 80's and travels with her little doggie! She's who made me think "hey! I can do this! " but I'm half her age!!!

Since I will likely be camping alone when mine is built, I want to have a good looking door latch etc just to feel better about it.

wanna come over and see us on Saturday?!!!

Julie
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to North Central