MO-KAN gathering at Clinton Lake, KS on Sept. 10-11, 2005

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

okay

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:20 pm

Okay, I'll plan on a bunch of drumsticks with a mesquite or some kind of marinade... I'm sure we can make a big enough / hot enough fire to cook 'em all ! I just don't know what the grills, or whatever are like up there. I don't think I'll bring the coleman stove... it's been sitting for a long time and I don't have time to clean it up, etc.

Anybody wanna bring potato salad or something????

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Waliczek » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:30 pm

Elizabeth, since you live real close in Kansas City, you just might as well drive down for the afternoon or evening and visit. Everyone is welcome. Heck, bring a friend.
Tom
"Toys"--2003 Dodge Dakota--TT Rimple"Gypsy"--1955 Boles Aero Travel Trailer--2002 Sweetwater 20' Pontoon--1982 22' Mcgregor sailboat..
Waliczek
Donating Member

Postby ElizabethMO » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:09 pm

How neat, Julie and Tom, for you to invite me to join you on Saturday. I would really enjoy being there. Before I can say I am coming for sure tho I have to check on something else I was supposed to do Saturday. Since you are probably going on Friday, I may not get an answer to you before you leave.

But, thanks again. If I don't make it this time, maybe sometime in the future. I hate to miss this one because it is so close to where I live. I can tell you guys would really be great to be around.

Have a really great time, I will be thinking about you.
ElizabethMO
Teardrop Builder

Postby DestinDave » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:03 pm

So this is how it is, huh? Not much posted on this topic for a long time and Dave decides to not go and, wham!, everyone's on-board, planning meals and entertainment. Even 3 or 4 newbies wanna join in. I get it!!! :lol:

Seriously, I hope y'all have a great time and, please, take some pics so I can see what I missed..... I promise to make the next one - heck, maybe I'll even work to organize it... Dave
Reality? What a concept!
Building "The Salty Tear" - a photo log of the project.
http://www.bluezenphoto.com/p979644357
DestinDave
500 Club

Postby WarPony » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:43 pm

DestinDave wrote:So this is how it is, huh? Not much posted on this topic for a long time and Dave decides to not go and, wham!, everyone's on-board, planning meals and entertainment.

Well Daver, that's how the tear drops! Hi yooooooooooo! Thank you, I'll be here all week!!

Yep, you never now when a brass pole might even show up.
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby s4son » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:42 pm

Julie,
We will bring some potato salad and macaroni salad (or something similar). This is going to be a hoot. Not having camped for about 35 years I'll probably get scared and be the one cry'n all night.

Scott F. :cry:
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

Postby WarPony » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:24 pm

Is everybody cool on how to get to the campground?
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Waliczek » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:29 pm

I am, I even camped in my spot one night to see it I liked it. I am right across from the road from the Loo. You guys better be quiet on your middle of the night errands. :lol:
Tom
"Toys"--2003 Dodge Dakota--TT Rimple"Gypsy"--1955 Boles Aero Travel Trailer--2002 Sweetwater 20' Pontoon--1982 22' Mcgregor sailboat..
Waliczek
Donating Member

Postby s4son » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:46 pm

As long as Mapquest is right I should be okay.

Scott F.
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

maps

Postby oklahomajewel » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:45 am

TODAY'S THE DAY !!! I'm at work right now but will be leaving at noon, then stopping at the store, etc and on the road before 2 pm (I hope!)

Scott (s4son) I haven't camped in several years either so we'll see how we do. While I was putting stuff in my trunk, and getting pillow, sheet etc together, I thought -- how much easier this will be when I have a teardrop !!!! Just pack some ice and cold beverages etc and hit the road!!!
Can't wait to see everybody !

Julie
ps... my cell is 405 229 1550
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

maps

Postby oklahomajewel » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:07 am

oh... ps... I checked Mapquest and my new favorite is www.maps.google.com ... You can point and drag, zoom in & out, even see a satellite map or both the road map and satellite together!
8)
julie
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Re: maps

Postby mikeschn » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:18 am

oklahomajewel wrote:oh... ps... I checked Mapquest and my new favorite is www.maps.google.com ... You can point and drag, zoom in & out, even see a satellite map or both the road map and satellite together!
8)
julie

I'm impressed! I like that map too!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Nitetimes » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:37 am

Pretty cool map, only thing is it looks like Europe doesn't have any roads. I distinctly remember, well vaugely, driving on roads while I was there. :lol:
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby s4son » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:03 pm

The first Mo-Kan campout is over and it was really fun. We had 5 TD or TTT's show up and everyone had a great time. I have posted pictures in my Yahoo album which can be reached using the link below. Trailers in attendance, Rayvillion's Winter Warrior, Rayvillion's Lil Guy, Waliczek's Rimple, Warpony's homebult and JetBlder's homebuilt. Longest drive goes to Oklahomajewel who came up all the way from Oklahoma City. The weather was great and the campsites even better. You can see from the pictures, Jeff (Warpony) was in charge of fire and Gary (Rayvillion) was in charge of the Dutch Oven. Thanks to Gary and Trudy for the great breakfast. Between the two of them they can cook anything in a Dutch Oven. Thanks to my fellow campers for the great food and fellowship.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/s4son/my_photos

Scott F.
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

Postby DestinDave » Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:28 pm

Sounds like I missed a great time - but so did all of you. Today we built all the trusses for a 25x28 garage, hoisted them up one by one, and set them in place. Now who's jealous huh? :thinking:

Thanks for the pictures Scott - nice job...
Reality? What a concept!
Building "The Salty Tear" - a photo log of the project.
http://www.bluezenphoto.com/p979644357
DestinDave
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to North Central