MO-KAN gathering at Clinton Lake, KS on Sept. 10-11, 2005

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

MO-KAN gathering at Clinton Lake, KS on Sept. 10-11, 2005

Postby WarPony » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:28 pm

I'm going to "officially" announce an invite to Clinton Lake for a weekend gathering. Anybody can come, I called it MO-KAN because somebody mentioned the name to me.

For those of you who are interested but have never heard of it, Clinton Lakeis about 3 miles west of Lawrence, KS or 30 miles west of Kansas City, KS. It will be in Bloomington Park at the Walnut Campground over on the west end of the lake. The Walnut/Hickory area is the two kidney-shaped circles on the south end of the park, Walnut being on the left. Here is some more CAMPGROUND INFORMATION about the area. There are electric and tent camping sites and all have a chip and seal parking pad with a fire ring. Some have stand up BBQ grills. None have water hookups but there are 10 water spigots placed throughout the grounds. There are three bathrooms (two big brick ones) in Walnut and a showerhouse between the Walnut and Hickory campgrounds. There is a small store in the town of Clinton that sells food and some camping supplies, beer, bait and makes good sandwiches.

All these sites are reservable through www.reserveamerica.com. I don't know how many, if any, will show up so I don't want to reserve anything beyond my own trailer. If some of you are in for sure and want to get set up together, we can jump in and get a section reserved.

Come one, come all. If you don't have a trailer and want to look and get some ideas or just camp..... come on out. Bring your friends or family and have a big time!! There are no planned activities at all so come out and do what you want. Boat, bike, hike, fish, swim, 12 oz. curls........ whatever.

Well, there it is. Any questions will tried to be answered as best I can.
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Waliczek » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:32 pm

Sept 10 & 11th seem good to me. Count me in.I will wait a day or two before reserving my spot. Looking forward to seeing your trailers.
Tom
"Toys"--2003 Dodge Dakota--TT Rimple"Gypsy"--1955 Boles Aero Travel Trailer--2002 Sweetwater 20' Pontoon--1982 22' Mcgregor sailboat..
Waliczek
Donating Member

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:15 pm

Warpony
Trudy and I are in for the night of the 9th and 10th. We can come over Friday night but will have to leave Sunday Morning.We would like to camp together if possible. Which slots are you going to reserve. we'll try to get one close or if you want to do a block let us know.
Gary
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby WarPony » Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:54 pm

I, too, will arrive on the 9th and leave Sunday morning. The Chiefs' opening game is on at noon on Sunday so I can't miss that :twisted: !!

I'm not sure where I'll be at. Most of the sites have good shade but in the middle of September, I'm not sure it will be that big of a deal. Could be wrong though. Today it wouldn't, I'd be up to my neck in lake 8) !!
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

Postby JunkMan » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:18 pm

We should be able to make those dates, although Odie says we are not going unless the trear is finished this time :roll:

Guess I'll have to get back to work on it as soon as the bike rally is over.
Jeff & Odie
Black Hills of South Dakota
JunkMan
500 Club

Postby s4son » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:33 pm

We'll be there probably Friday night or Saturday morning (have to work Friday). We definitly want to stay close together. I've never used the Reserve America site, can you request specific sites?

Scott F.
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

Postby WarPony » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:47 pm

s4son wrote: I've never used the Reserve America site, can you request specific sites?

Yes, Scott, you can. You have to join with an email and a password and then you can reserve any spot in the country that they have in their system for up to a year in advance. The campground pics are kind of "cartoony" so I used the link you gave in the other post for the campground information.
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

Postby s4son » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:43 pm

Ok! I got my official Reserve America membership and I'm ready to reserve my sopt at the first annual Mo-Kan Teardrop Gathering! What site locations is everyone picking?

Scott F.
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:59 am

Warpony
Your the closest to the lake. What are the teens like? Camp slots I mean not teenagers, the slots down on the corner close to the lake and not far from the showers or a john. Say 214 to 220. Unfortunely they don't show the water faucetts or trees on the map. I agree that shade might not be a problem then, but I can remember years that it has.
Gary
PS I'll back up and punt. I just looked at the reserveamerica site and none of those have electric and half aren't reseverable. We can run electric or non, though I never ran on the batteries before, but my ac fan puts out better air. If we want electric the 260's might be better though they're a long way from the lake.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby DestinDave » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:38 am

I started to reserve a spot (219 or 220) but it seems like location is still up in the air. Is RAYVILLIAN's suggestion good - the teens? Dave...
Reality? What a concept!
Building "The Salty Tear" - a photo log of the project.
http://www.bluezenphoto.com/p979644357
DestinDave
500 Club

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:46 am

Dave
Unforunately none of the teens have electric and I'm spoilt by my fan and mister coffee. Also about half of the teens aren't reservable. I can live without the electric. "We have a small dc fan. I guess it just depends on if we want near the lake or electric. From looking at the reservation site it looks like most of the slots are still open that weekend. I've never been to the park and Warpony lives close to it so I figured we'd follow his lead and try to get together where ever he thought would be best.
Gary
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby DestinDave » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:35 pm

Sounds like a good plan - and if it turns out lousy we can all blame Jeff :lol:
Reality? What a concept!
DestinDave
500 Club

Postby WarPony » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:37 pm

Gary, go back to my original post and click on the "CAMPGROUND INFORMATION" then page down to the Walnut pic and click on that one. It is alot better map. Sites 260-299 are electric and the rest are not. It also has better locations for the water spigots. The lake is actually to the south of the campground and is about 40-50 yards from the lower sites. The campground gradually slopes down to the lake but it's not real radical and the parking pads are level. To give a perspective, Walnut is only a block and a half wide and maybe 1/4 mile in length but it's not like you are stacked on top of each other. Plenty of cushion to work with.
Dave, I don't know why those lower # sites are not reservable, they are in shade but so is everything else and I haven't seen anything special about them. I wonder if they have to leave them so people that don't know of the reserve system can come out and camp. Might be some legal thingy.

I tried to get some super secret James Bond Landsat photo from outer space to show the campground but they want money for THAT information. I guess diesel mechanics don't have that kind of pull.
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

Postby DestinDave » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:47 pm

Jeff, I think they are reservable I just stopped the process before giving them a credit card number because I wanted to wait and see what everyone else was doing... Anything would be fine with me - might not be able to make it but if I can I want my reservation in advance and near the rest of the group. BTW - I had to get more bronze wool but I've got some to send you now. In the next couple days I'll drop it in the mail. Or have my wife do it I should say... 8)
Reality? What a concept!
DestinDave
500 Club

Postby WarPony » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:20 pm

Does everyone need electric hookups? I don't, so I kind of left it up to each person to decide what they need. If everyone wants to be in a group together we can decide which side of the park to stay in. I just didn't want to tell everybody where to camp at. I'm up for either way.
ImageImage

WarPony
Donating Member

Next

Return to North Central