Cheyenne Days?

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Cheyenne Days?

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:28 am

Hey y'all... I am sorta new to the board here, dreaming of my teardrop-to-be (the Gingerbread BREDBOX) and I'm near Oklahoma City. Not in your region, but close enough to maybe join you on gatherings some day?

I was supposed to go on vacation to the Cheyenne Frontier Days about a week ago but the girl I was going with sorta changed plans at the last minute and we were supposed to stay at her sisters, etc. I couldn't afford to go just myself, and hotels were booked for miles anyway.

When looking at the CFD website, I noticed a couple of KOA's not far away. If I had my BREDBOX already , I would've packed up and gone!

Have any of you met there, or taken your tear and gone to the CFD activities? I was so looking forward to the fun and maybe a concert and also the Chuckwagon Cookoff up there! ahhh!!! :(

Thanks!
Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby benroy44 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:37 pm

So why dont you find a camp site and put on a gather next year i would join you there
Cya Duane
By the hammer and the hand do all the arts stand
benroy44
Teardrop Builder

good idea!

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:22 pm

Thanks Duane!
Yes, I've wondered if some might want to gather there or near Laramieat the end of July 2006 and be able to go into Cheyenne for the festivities!

I'll keep it in mind and talk to you about it later !

CYA !!! :)
Julie
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby wagonmaster » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:48 pm

There are a few KOAs close to cheyenne.

Cheyenne
Laramie: 45m west
Ft. Collins,North: About 20-30 miles south Cheyenne.
Ft. Collins: about 50 miles from Cheyenne, kinda of the bettin path.

There is also 2 other camp grounds in Cheyenne. There is Curt Goudy state park, 20-25 miles west and Happy Jack rec area both with camping.

Tim
wagonmaster
Teardrop Inspector

cfd

Postby oklahomajewel » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:41 am

Hey Wagonmaster... welcome to this great forum.. You're in Laramie? Way closer to Cheyenne than I am.

I had checked on the web, thru the CFD website, about the Curt Goudy park and the others, and how soon they start taking reservations.

Maybe this next week I'll do some looking again. I haven't started a teardrop yet, but hopefully by Feb 06!

If I remember right, there is a Redwood Gathering around these same dates... so we might have to compete for teardroppers!!!

Hope you can help me out with this Wagonmaster!
Julie
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby wagonmaster » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:40 pm

I am in the same boat as you I haven't started a tear yet. Depending on school I may beable to start one this year. I am starting with a prefab frame good thing I have a harbor freight in Ft.Collins. :thumbsup:

Yah it would be a good bet to get reservations early as you can. Especialy the Cheyenne campgrounds as they may fill up soon.

Tim
wagonmaster
Teardrop Inspector

CFD

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:59 pm

Well, I just went to the www.cfdrodeo.com website and see that the dates this year are July 21-30.
They have some concert headliners listed so far, and I know they add some more closer to the date. I especially want to see the Frontier Nights, and the Chuckwagon Cookoff., and well... all of it I guess!

I added this to the calendar too... I might check on reserving a site or two or more, if I can cancel them and not get stuck.

Whaddya think? I have vacation starting over again the 1st of March and ready to go ahead and plan when to get out of town -- teardrop or not! haha

Julie
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

cheyenne

Postby oklahomajewel » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:00 am

Hey all, ... I have looked at the Cheyenne Frontier Days website lately, and getting ready to put in for some vacation days at work.... The $$ will be here soon and I can actually get my BREDBOX started !!!

I haven't called any of the RV parks, etc around there to check on bookings yet. I think most of them are already taking reservations. If I can , I'll book a few spots on the basis that I can cancel them later with no prob.

My plan is to park the TD there but be in town for activities most days, retreating to some quiet at the park, and the BREDBOX. Not having been there before, I'm not sure how much there really is to do. The website has LOTS between parades, shopping, rodeo's, chuckwagon cookoff, old west town, etc.

Let's start planning!

Julie
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Return to North Central