Show-Me Spring Break 2012 - April 20 - 22, 2012

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby Festus » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:11 am

Hey Nathan, I'm planning on being there, but I'm going to try and grab site 142 (non-reservable). It will be me and son o' mine. This will be our first gathering, so it should be a good time. We're locals, so it won't be much of a trip for us, but won't cost a fortune in gas either. :lol: If I can do anything to help out, just let me know. Lynn
Festus
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Nathan N » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:21 pm

Festus wrote:Hey Nathan, I'm planning on being there, but I'm going to try and grab site 142 (non-reservable). It will be me and son o' mine. This will be our first gathering, so it should be a good time. We're locals, so it won't be much of a trip for us, but won't cost a fortune in gas either. :lol: If I can do anything to help out, just let me know. Lynn

Sounds great. We finally get to meetup around the campfire. :thumbsup:
Nathan
Nathan N
Lifetime member

Re: Show-Me Spring Break 2012 - April 20 - 22, 2012

Postby Wishbone » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:56 pm

Hey everyone, Wishbone here. My Wife says We nothing going on that weekend & should be able to go. I'd like to get site #159 or site#119. There both handicap site & not reserevable. If they are already taken I'll find another site. As long as I have Elect for My Breathing Machine at nite I'll be fine. What all goes on at Gathering. Is there a Pot luck supper or what? this will be My second Vintage Trailer Gathering. Wishbone-Butler Co. Ks
Wishbone
Teardrop Builder

Postby GeoDrop » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:09 am

Wishbone,

Gatherings are usually pretty laid back, lots of gabbing around the campfire. Nothing organized for sure!

Yes, usually we do potluck dinner on Saturday night. Gary and Trudy usually do up some breakfast on Saturday mornings and others chip in on that as well.

Wishbone wrote:Hey everyone, Wishbone here. My Wife says We nothing going on that weekend & should be able to go. I'd like to get site #159 or site#119. There both handicap site & not reserevable. If they are already taken I'll find another site. As long as I have Elect for My Breathing Machine at nite I'll be fine. What all goes on at Gathering. Is there a Pot luck supper or what? this will be My second Vintage Trailer Gathering. Wishbone-Butler Co. Ks
Matthew (& Sandi)
The GeoDrop
GeoDrop
Donating Member

Postby Nathan N » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:53 am

Welcome WIshbone. Sorry for the delay in replying I had a bit of difficulty getting on the new site.

Matthew's reply nailed it. Thank you Matthew.

Usually we catch up with old and new friends, investigate any new trailers or features, and hopefully enjoy the weather.

We never go hungry and I'll bet you may be able to share some Dutch Oven cooking tips. 8)

Looking forward to meeting everyone around the campfire.

Nathan
Nathan N
Lifetime member

Postby LarryB » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:09 pm

I didn't make any of these gatherings last year but am gonna try to do better this year. looks like most of the close ones are gone so I'll try and get there for one of the non-reservable sites or whatever is available, it's still early in the season but the weather is so nice lately I want to get started early, and probably so does everyone else :D
It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. Psalms 118:8
LarryB
Teardrop Builder

Postby Nathan N » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:22 am

LarryB wrote:I didn't make any of these gatherings last year but am gonna try to do better this year. looks like most of the close ones are gone so I'll try and get there for one of the non-reservable sites or whatever is available, it's still early in the season but the weather is so nice lately I want to get started early, and probably so does everyone else :D

Welcome aboard! Just a couple of weeks now. Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

Nathan
Nathan N
Lifetime member

Postby WarPony » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:02 pm

It looks like the weather is going to be fairly decent for this one!! Other than a slight chance of rain on Friday (20%) the rest looks good. I'll bring a little firewood to burn, my fishing pole and my hiking shoes....... the latter two may not get used at all. We'll either pull in aroud 6 or 11 PM on Friday, it depends on how much work comes in this week.

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Nathan N » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:17 am

WarPony wrote:It looks like the weather is going to be fairly decent for this one!! Other than a slight chance of rain on Friday (20%) the rest looks good. I'll bring a little firewood to burn, my fishing pole and my hiking shoes....... the latter two may not get used at all. We'll either pull in aroud 6 or 11 PM on Friday, it depends on how much work comes in this week.

Jeff

Yep, just watched the weather. We will be there but if you roll in at 11:00 PM I'll see you in the morning :lol:

Nathan
Nathan N
Lifetime member

Postby djayh » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:49 pm

djayh
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Festus » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:29 pm

Great pictures! Especially like the photo collages. Thanks to everyone for your hospitality to a first-timer. I had a great time, met new friends and got to see a lot of neat teardrops. And my gosh... the food. I'm still full from dinner on Saturday night. I enjoyed it, thanks again!

Lynn
Festus
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Nathan N » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:46 pm

Festus wrote:Great pictures! Especially like the photo collages. Thanks to everyone for your hospitality to a first-timer. I had a great time, met new friends and got to see a lot of neat teardrops. And my gosh... the food. I'm still full from dinner on Saturday night. I enjoyed it, thanks again!

Lynn

Lynn,
We were glad you came out and joined us. We don't go hungry that's for sure.

My photos: http://www.pbase.com/nnmo/2012_spring_break
Nathan
Nathan N
Lifetime member

Postby LarryB » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:32 pm

more great pictures, I'm sorry I didn't get to make it :(

who had the Bullet travel trailer ? that looks like what I am looking for. I'll be 70 in October and have had total knee replacement on both legs, it is getting more difficult each time I go out to get in and out of my teardrop Little Guy, I'm looking for something a little larger :)

now, when is the next one :lol:
LarryB
Teardrop Builder

Postby Nathan N » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:13 am

LarryB wrote:more great pictures, I'm sorry I didn't get to make it :(

who had the Bullet travel trailer ? that looks like what I am looking for. I'll be 70 in October and have had total knee replacement on both legs, it is getting more difficult each time I go out to get in and out of my teardrop Little Guy, I'm looking for something a little larger :)

now, when is the next one :lol:

Yep, missed you.
That is Queenie Jeanne and Dennis' Bullet. They are hosting Cricket Creek gathering http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=46700 next month. I'm not sure if they will have it there or their teardrop. Cruise on down and visit with the folks and check out all the different trailers.

Nathan
Nathan N
Lifetime member

Postby LarryB » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:15 pm

I had to pass on Queenie Jeanne and Dennis' Bullet, but got lucky locally , I found a 2007 T@B Clam Shell . Looks like an oversize Teardrop with the rear galley. it is what I was looking for but didn't think I would find one since they discontinued the Clam Shell a few years back. I sold my Little Guy to a guy in Oklahoma and put him onto this site, so maybe we will get a new member :D
LarryB
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to North Central