Just a thought...

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Just a thought...

Postby Pete Brayton » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:54 am

I recently put my teardrop up for sale here and basically the only replies I got were from people who were questioning whether or not I was being honest. :x There was a comment as to whether or not it was even made by the person/company that I said it was. I don't know if these individuals were trying to sell their own trailers and didn't want the competition or what their problem was. I always got the impression that people on this website and teardroppers in general were good people, but after this experience, I'm not so sure. So, bottom line...if you have a question about a sale, and the person with the ad says if you have questions to contact them, maybe you should do that instead of posting negative comments on this site. Just a thought...
Pete Brayton
Teardrop Inspector

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:19 am

My experience on here is that this is a very friendly group, and almost family-like. If people have questions, they're going to ask them for their own benefit as well as for the benefit of others.

If you're going to get bent out of shape about people asking questions in a public forum, then a public forum may not be for you.

It didnt help that your first post on this site was to sell a teardrop. There have been scam attempts made this way. Just FYI.

Anyway... it was a nice looking teardrop, and congrats on the sale! :thumbsup:
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Postby Pete Brayton » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:57 am

absolutsnwbrdr wrote:My experience on here is that this is a very friendly group, and almost family-like. If people have questions, they're going to ask them for their own benefit as well as for the benefit of others.

If you're going to get bent out of shape about people asking questions in a public forum, then a public forum may not be for you.

It didnt help that your first post on this site was to sell a teardrop. There have been scam attempts made this way. Just FYI.

Anyway... it was a nice looking teardrop, and congrats on the sale! :thumbsup:

I would tend to agree with you, however I don't think it is appropriate to make comments implying a lack of integrity or honesty without having any proof, especially in a public forum. I have been a member of this group since 2005 when I bought my first teardrop. I recently changed email addresses and decided it would be easier to re-join than try to update my profile, which I wasn't able to do BTW. I do understand about the first post being a sale though. I have found the people on this site to be very helpful, both here and when camping together...that is why this recent experience was difficult for me.
Pete Brayton
Teardrop Inspector

Postby asianflava » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:02 pm

I looked at all your threads (all 4 of them), and don't really see why you got all bent out of shape. You may be reading more into the replys than what is meant. Like I mentioned, all the Dakans I've seen have round windows, it's their distinguishing feature, your does not have one and I was wondering why. You said it was unfinished but you never really said if it was unfinished without windows. It's like selling a Rolls Royce without it's trademark grille.

Gage, pointed out a something that was a bit glossed over. He's probably pointing out (in his not so subtle way) that maybe you should explain it more. We are a friendly bunch so we like to watch out for each other. If somebody posts up an ad, with things omitted, we'll bring it up for people that didn't remember or think of asking those questions. When somebody comes on here just to sell their trailer red flags go up. We don't know how long you've been here. All we have to go by is what is listed next to your post.

Don't take it so personal. You sold the trailer so why are you still mad?
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Pete Brayton » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:38 pm

asianflava wrote:I looked at all your threads (all 4 of them), and don't really see why you got all bent out of shape. You may be reading more into the replys than what is meant. Like I mentioned, all the Dakans I've seen have round windows, it's their distinguishing feature, your does not have one and I was wondering why. You said it was unfinished but you never really said if it was unfinished without windows. It's like selling a Rolls Royce without it's trademark grille.

Gage, pointed out a something that was a bit glossed over. He's probably pointing out (in his not so subtle way) that maybe you should explain it more. We are a friendly bunch so we like to watch out for each other. If somebody posts up an ad, with things omitted, we'll bring it up for people that didn't remember or think of asking those questions. When somebody comes on here just to sell their trailer red flags go up. We don't know how long you've been here. All we have to go by is what is listed next to your post.

Don't take it so personal. You sold the trailer so why are you still mad?

I guess I picked the wrong emoticon...I'm not mad as much as I'm upset. My interpretation of the questions and comments were that I was somehow not being straightforward. I consider myself to be a trusting and considerate person and I thought things could have been handled better, myself included! My experience with people here also indicate that this is a friendly bunch.
Pete Brayton
Teardrop Inspector

Postby LWW » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:55 pm

Well Pete, now that you've sold your teardrop what are you building to replace it with.
Inquiring minds want to know.
Oh yeah welcome back and yeah I know what you mean by the reregistering, I did the samething. Larryw
LWW
Teardrop Master

Postby Pete Brayton » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:52 pm

LWW wrote:Well Pete, now that you've sold your teardrop what are you building to replace it with.
Inquiring minds want to know.
Oh yeah welcome back and yeah I know what you mean by the reregistering, I did the samething. Larryw

Well, I'm not sure it will count as a teardrop but I bought a True North Freelance 15 D made by Northwood in Oregon. It's got the galley in the back, plenty of storage and a couch/bed inside. It is aimed at the athletic set, but I was able to buy one anyway! The individual I bought it from had a furnace put in which is real nice. It also has 12V DC and 110V AC hookups too! The inside is very spartan, like I said, just a couch that folds out into a very comfortable bed.

Pete Brayton
Teardrop Inspector

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:59 pm

I like it! Very utilitarian! :thumbsup:
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Postby parnold » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:34 pm

absolutsnwbrdr wrote:I like it! Very utilitarian! :thumbsup:

Every time I see one of your posts now, I'm like... how's he typing.. he's asleep!

Inquiring minds would like to know how much that trailer weighs??
parnold
Donating Member

Postby Pete Brayton » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:18 pm

parnold wrote:
absolutsnwbrdr wrote:I like it! Very utilitarian! :thumbsup:

Every time I see one of your posts now, I'm like... how's he typing.. he's asleep!

Inquiring minds would like to know how much that trailer weighs??

I think it is around 1600 lbs. and can carry almost 1000 lbs. in cargo. As you can see, it is going to have a lot of tongue weight, I forget but I think it was 275 lbs. or more on the tongue. When I first saw the trailer, I didn't like the look, it kind of reminded me of a Hummer! I have subsequently learned to like the look. It came with 4 roof racks but I took them off to reduce windage and the fact that they would require a ladder for me to put anything on top anyway. It has a 10 gallon water tank which the previous owner left water in and it froze...now it leaks. I hope it is one of the fittings that leaks and not the tank. There is one propane bottle in the front storage box for the furnace and one in the back passenger side for the propane stove. Two 12V batteries on the tongue that are charged by the car and there is also a converter/inverter inside. I'm really pleased with it.
Pete Brayton
Teardrop Inspector

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:34 pm

parnold wrote:Every time I see one of your posts now, I'm like... how's he typing.. he's asleep!

:lol: :lol:

All I do is eat sleep and dream teardrops. There you go Paul. Now my avatar should make more sense.
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Postby Pam Wright » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:34 pm

WOW!!!! Not sure where I've been that I have missed this thread BUT.... I want you all to know....

I HAVE CAMPED WITH PETE! HE IS A TERRIFIC GUY!!!!

Pete, Glad you did find a buyer for your teardrop and glad you found a replacement trailer! Can't wait to see it and look forward to camping with you again!

pam
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby Kevin & Sandy » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:02 pm

I really like the looks of the new trailer !!!!

I went with a more traditional build, but if I had to do it again.........

Hope it works well for you, and I hope I can get a close up look sometime.
Kevin & Sandy
The 300 Club

Return to North Central