wyoming gathering august 17-19 WALK THE WINDS 2012

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Re: wyoming gathering august 17-19 WALK THE WINDS 2012

Postby parnold » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:02 am

Here in New Jersey I haven't seen the Milky Way since I was a kid. I was just mentioning with so many power outages here from the storm, if the skies were clear we might have a good view, but it's a full moon, and today is the first day I've really seen blue sky at all. :(
parnold
Donating Member

Postby AceMan » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:53 pm

How are things up your way Paul? Hope you didn't have major damage. :worship: :worship:
AceMan
Platinum Donating Member

Postby parnold » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:05 pm

Thanks for asking! I am blessed in that not only did my home never lose power, but my job was open all week too. I had a little damage to one roof, and had to replace some shingles. I am really so fortunate.

Saturday I will get to sit in a 2-3 hour long gas line so that I can get to work next week, but if that's all I have to complain about then I should just shut up. There are still so many without power, and many without homes!
parnold
Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:25 pm

Really glad to hear you made out so well Paul. I did not know where in New Jersey you lived. You would think I would have remembered as everyone we talked to on the trip was from Jersey. :lol: How about Shaun and Herbie? He was headed to RI , does anyone know if he made it?
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Verna » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:08 am

Paul, I'm so glad to hear you're fine. It's going to be a long road for the East Coast to recover from, but it'll come back in time.
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby gdpipkorn » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:17 am

We were also wondering about Shaun & Herbie. Hope they are well.
If one's life is entertaining, there is no need to go and buy entertainment.
gdpipkorn
Gold Donating Member

Postby Mukilteo » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:11 pm

I would like to direct folks to the "General Discussion" page where folks are attempting to make sure this happens next year. :D
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=53175
Eric
Mukilteo
Donating Member

Postby shawnandherbie » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:34 pm

Great YouTube video!! Well after walk the winds i went to Yellowstone with 2 other teardrops, denice and jane, stayed in Yellowstone for 7 nights then made my way to devils tower for one night. i you know that if you even bring a skateboard into a federal park your breaking the law..... well i was skating around and got pulled over by a federal marshal with lights and sirens blaring lol. Guess he had nothing better to do. Said he would send me away for 3-5 years and have a big fine just for walking my dog on a skateboard.

So then i went to mt.Rushmore, after that i went to stay with a cousin in Minneapolis for 4 nights and he showed me the town. Then i was off to Ohio and stayed with a friend for 3 nights. 2 days later i was in rhode island. Got a quick job delivering wings after being in town for 3 days and had started looking to get back into the special needs industry. Well my roommate in RI had gone loony toons and we admitted him to the mental hospital.......

Well he was just as bad when he got out as he went in, started making threats to his wife/family/baby mamma/police........ everyone but me. Well it was in my best interests to get out of that sitch as he had an arsenal in his basement. I have a family friend in Maine so i packed my goods and quit my job and i was out of there.

6 hours of being in Maine, (oct 2nd) i had a kidney stone attack and a uti with a crazy high white blood cell count. Hospital said they could not let me leave in that condition. Stones in both kidneys with the largest being 7mm. Passed the largest stone 8 days later. Still trying to get better and taking it easy.......
shawnandherbie
Teardrop Builder

Postby Woodbutcher » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:51 pm

Hey Shawn, Thanks for filling us in. Sounds like you have had quite an experience on the road. I promise to never skate board in a National Park, thanks for the warning. Hope you land on your feet somewhere soon and can settle down. Joe and I were on the same course as you. We did saw your trailer in Yellowstone but you were not in your site. Next day you were gone. If you have nothing to do the end of July, check out the Crossroads gathering in Indiana. Several of us will be there, along with about 100 other trailers.

Take Care and pass the butter!
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby bdosborn » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:59 pm

shawnandherbie wrote: Said he would send me away for 3-5 years and have a big fine just for walking my dog on a skateboard.

Your dog can skateboard?

What an adventure, hope you're feeling better.

Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby gdpipkorn » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:07 pm

Shawn! Great to hear from you. Hope you get to feeling better soon. We can't wait to see some of those time laps videos you were working on. Even if they didn't turn out, we still would like to see what time we shared together. What great memories!!
Grant & Diane
If one's life is entertaining, there is no need to go and buy entertainment.
gdpipkorn
Gold Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:40 pm

Hi, Shawn!

Your life has been quite an adventure since we last saw you at Walk the Winds! I do hope you are feeling better and are back on your feet now. Kidney stones are nasty-painful things. (You're so young to be having those! )

Enjoy Maine. Fall is a good time to be there but this winter might be a long and tough one to handle up there. Take good care of yourself and thanks for checking in here. Maybe we'll all meet again someday. :)
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Previous

Return to North Central