Weekend Camping trip in Montana

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Weekend Camping trip in Montana

Postby davidniebeling » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:23 am

Hey All, We are looking to do a weekend trip sometime late July early August and we would like to try and get together with some other td & ttt owners. We are thinking somewhere like Phillipsburg, Helena, Great Falls, Crystal Mountain or Butte, but we are open to suggestions of other places or dates. It would be an informal get together and whoever shows up would be great. Also, I have decided that as we camp this summer, I am going to post where we are going and hopfully someone will see it and join us. We live in Billings and we usually camp in Red Lodge, Columbus, East Rosebud, Cooney Dam, ect. so I'll keep you posted on those trips. Anyway, let me know if you would be interested in doing a weekend gathering and I'll see what I can put together.
Thanks, Dave :D
davidniebeling
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Weekend Camping trip in Montana

Postby RudyS2MT » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:35 pm

Helena Here!

I have looked over teardrops of all sorts for years and I will finally be ordering a new "Wazat" from Indiana on Monday, April 22! I will be driving out to IN in late May to pick it up. I did go to a Teardrop gathering outside of Colo. Springs in the mid 2000s.

I was born and raised in Billings and know that area and the Beartooths well! I was in East Glacier for 15 years and now in Helena for about 18 yrs. (mountains and lakes in every direction, we do love it up here! Our main residence is up near Mullan Pass NW of HElena about 15 miles)

Hope to catch up with some of you this Summer.

Rudy in Helena
Rudy in Helena, Montana (Cozy Cruiser out of Springfield, OR)

2 years into ourC.C. and we love it!
RudyS2MT
Teardrop Inspector

Postby davidniebeling » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:57 pm

Hey Rudy, Congrats on the new camper. :thumbsup: Hope the trip goes well for ya'. Keep an eye on this posting as I will be adding posts of where we will be going camping this summer. We really hope to catch up with you. I'd love to check out your new rig.
See ya at the campground.
Dave
davidniebeling
Teardrop Advisor

Postby RudyS2MT » Fri May 10, 2013 3:32 am

Hi Dave!

A bit of a change of plans here. The Wazat folks (Microlite trailers) have moved onto making light weight toy hauler type trailers and were not much help with a Wazat order.

I do feel very good about my new choice! A "Cozy Cruiser" made in OR. A classic Teardrop with lots of great features! I made my order yesterday and it should be done by late July / early August. They have made several very nice design choices and have been very eager to respond to any questions and custom choices.

It'll be fine fun going through the "build" with them!

Rudy in Helena

RudyS2MT
Teardrop Inspector

Postby davidniebeling » Fri May 10, 2013 7:36 am

Hey Rudy,
Sounds like you've made a good choice on the trailer. Too bad you have to miss so much of the summer though. Maybe you could take a day trip and have a hot dog around the camp fire with us sometime soon. This weekend we are going to Aspen campground south of Big Timber to give the new trailer a trial run. Maybe tonight and Saturday night but probably just Saturday. It depends on if I can get off work a little early or not. Next weekend starts my vacation though and we are going to be camping our way west and we may make it over Helena way. For sure we are going to Phillipsburg but not sure which night, I'll keep you posted. My wife loves sapphire hunting and I hear there's a place near Helena. Can you recommend a campground and do you know of the sapphire mine in Helena? Any way, I'll post on here where and when we will be places. Check back. Talk to ya later. Dave
davidniebeling
Teardrop Advisor

Postby RudyS2MT » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:46 pm

Picked up my Cozy Cruiser last week in Springfield, OR! Got back last night. Love the little AL camper!!

Photos to follow....

Rudy in Helena

RudyS2MT
Teardrop Inspector

Return to North Central