Camping mn next week end ?

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Re: Camping mn next week end ?

Postby TPMcGinty » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:47 am

Hillbilly, We look forward to seeing you. If Gull Lake is closed we will move down to Crow Wing State Park.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby Hillbilly01 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:38 pm

Looks like both parks are open . Both look good and clean the state park water is off for the year.I dI'd see a teardrop at the dam . No one with it . Was up on Saturday . :)
keep the shiney side up!! And the Wide whitewalls off the curb!! Paul V nic name (Hillbilly)log in (Hillbilly01)
Hillbilly01
Teardrop Builder

Postby TPMcGinty » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:47 am

Hillbilly01 wrote:Looks like both parks are open . Both look good and clean the state park water is off for the year.I dI'd see a teardrop at the dam . No one with it . Was up on Saturday . :)

Wow! I called Gull Lake and no one answered the phone. I also read some news stories that the Army Corps campgrounds would be closed for the shutdown. It is good to hear that it is still open.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby Hillbilly01 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:35 pm

LookSlike both camp sites are open into November .
keep the shiney side up!! And the Wide whitewalls off the curb!! Paul V nic name (Hillbilly)log in (Hillbilly01)
Hillbilly01
Teardrop Builder

Postby Hillbilly01 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:25 pm

How many teardrops are goIng ? Is there going to be a potluck dinner ? How many people? :thinking: :thumbsup:
Hillbilly01
Teardrop Builder

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:57 am

Hillbilly01 wrote:How many teardrops are goIng ? Is there going to be a potluck dinner ? How many people? :thinking: :thumbsup:

Here is a list of people that are planning on attending:

Cheryl, Tim, and Parker (Teardrop)
Lil and Farley (Scamp)
Chuck and Carol (Teardrop)
Lori and Jim (Teardrop)
Toby and Sue (Teardrop)
Kenneth W and dog (Teardrop)
Paul V (Teardrop)

We will probably have some kind of potluck on Saturday afternoon or evening. At a small gathering we usually don't plan what dishes we are bringing. Everyone just brings something and we eat whatever we have. It usually works out pretty darn good that way.
Last edited by TPMcGinty on Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby KennethW » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:08 am

Gull Lake Campground near Brainerd from 25-27 October. Right? Count one more person and a dog with a teardrop. First time to a group thing. Anything I should bring? Do I need to reserve a site?

KennethW
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:45 am

KennethW wrote:Gull Lake Campground near Brainerd from 25-27 October. Right? Count one more person and a dog with a teardrop. First time to a group thing. Anything I should bring? Do I need to reserve a site?

Outstanding! We look forward to meeting you! Yes. Gull Lake from 25-27 October. This late in the season they no longer take reservations and the water is shut off. It's first come first serve. Getting a spot wont be a problem. Last year there were just two of us camping in the entire campground. We will be doing a pot luck dinner on Saturday evening. Bring something to contribute if you like. Otherwise just bring yourself and your dog. Here are some links to the campground:

http://www.mvp.usace.army.mil/Missions/Recreation/GullLake.aspx

http://www.recreation.gov/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=73439

http://www.mvp.usace.army.mil/Portals/57/docs/Recreation/brochures/GullLake_brochure.pdf

http://www.mvp.usace.army.mil/Portals/57/docs/Recreation/maps/gulllake_map.pdf
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby Hillbilly01 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:20 am

Hi I plan on going up Friday am .To be there by noon a few stops on the way shops and old cars and truck and plan on staying till Sunday . Sound like a bigger group this year.Should be fun looking foreword to meeting all of you. :pictures: :thumbsup:
Hillbilly01
Teardrop Builder

Postby KennethW » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:32 pm

Thanks for inviting me. Had a good time. A lot of good cooks and friendly people.
KennethW
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby KennethW » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:11 pm

I thought I would cut and paste this for anyone in the Wisconsin area looking to go camping or see a lot of teardrop campers. Although there will be a number of Camp-Inn owners, any type of camping unit is welcome at the Camp-Outt. We don't care what you camp in, we just want you to come and have a great time! Monday they had 31 Camp-Inns, 17 home built, 9 other brand manufactured, 4 other types of campers/trailers, 8 tents, and 1 travel trailer/motor home.

11th Annual Camp-Inn Camp-Outt

When: Friday, September 26 - Sunday, September 28
Where: Juneau County Castle Rock Park, Mauston, Wisconsin
Campsite Registration: On-Site - Per night: $14.00******

For complete information and to register for the Camp-Outt: http://tinycamper.com/camp-inn-camp-outt.htm

NOTE: If you visited the Camp-Outt page prior to 8:30pm CST, Thursday, August 7, you will need to refresh the page in order for the 2014 info to show up.

Questions? Email Betsey [email protected]

Hope to see you there!

****** The park is giving everyone the non-electric rate. HOWEVER, in order to be eligible for this rate, you MUST let us know by Wednesday evening, September 24, if you are coming to the Camp-Outt. If your name is NOT on the attendee list by then, you will be charged the electric site rate of $19 whether you need it or not.
KennethW
1000 Club
1000 Club

Previous

Return to North Central