Walk the Winds Gathering Wyoming July 24-26 2015: UPDATE

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Walk the Winds Gathering Wyoming July 24-26 2015: UPDATE

Postby Woodbutcher » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:37 pm

Well, for all of you who have enjoyed this gathering in the past we invite you back. For those of you that always wanted to come, this is your chance. The 4th annual Walk the Winds will be held Friday July 24th - Sunday July 26th leaving Monday at New Fork Lakes group site , Pinedale WY. . We thought changing the dates might give more people a chance to join us. That gives us 3 nights in one of the most beautiful areas in Wyoming. Right in the Wind Mountains. There is a huge lake right across from the group site. Great for fishing, kayaking, swimming or just sitting on the shore. The closest town is Pinedale and it has a very interesting Mountain Man Museum that should not be missed. After wards a few Beers at the Wind River Brewery makes for a great afternoon.

The total cost for the group site for the 3 nights was $115.00. The cost will be divided by the number of trailers we have. If we have 20 trailers the total cost per trailer is less then $6.00 for 3 nights. Across the road at New Forks main CG it cost 18.00 per night. So this gathering is a bargin!
Check out the previous years threads for other people comments and photos. Mike, (Slowcowboy) Will (Sagebrush) and I, Steve (Woodbutcher) will be hosting this event. If you have questions let me know and I will try and get you answers.

This thread will keep track of those coming and those that are maybes. The site will hold up to 35-40 trailers and has a big group fire pit and plenty of tables for meals. It also has a new pit toilet that is very nice , for a pit. WY has figured out how to do that. There is no electricity like most of WY. camp grounds.

Being in Pinedale it is close to the Tetons and Yellowstone. Make a big trip and hit Yellowstone mid week and then head to the Colorado gathering the next weekend. Lots to do!

Let us know who's coming!!! :beer:
Last edited by Woodbutcher on Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Re: 2015 4th annual Walk the Winds Gathering in Wyoming

Postby sagebrush » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:03 pm

We didn't have TOO many lost :? campers in 2014 so I will post similar directions again.

Take US 191 5 miles (Slowcowboy mileage) or 6 miles (WYDOT mileage) :? north from Pinedale to WY 352. Turn north toward town of Cora.
Take WY 352, past town of Cora, 14 miles to the New Fork Lake Road. :thumbsup:
Turn Right onto New Fork Lake Road :thumbsup: NOW..... :shock: TURN OFF :shock: ..... your Garmin, Tom Tom, GPS, confuser etc :cry:
:? IT KNOWS NOT WHERE YOU WANT TO GO!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Procede on New Fork Lake Road 3 miles :thumbsup:
DO NOT TURN RIGHT :thumbdown: toward Boy Scout camp!

Just a little bit farther ,turn LEFT just past the brown or green or ??????? colored bearproof dumpster
Group area is just over the hill :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :applause: :applause:

YOU CAN DO IT!! :beer:

You ALL come now hear!!!!!!!!
We ain't skeer'd of the dark!

Living large in a small way!
sagebrush
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:30 am

Thanks for the help Will, that should make it easier to find and there is a sign that goes up for the gathering that will help you find the site.

Here is the official list of campers ....

Mike (Slowcowboy) Wyoming

Will and Lisa (sagebrush) Wyoming

Steve (woodbutcher) Illinois

Tina and Jerry Illinois

Darrel and JoAnne Nebraska

Jane Wyoming

Dee Colorado?

Lee and Norma Idaho

Franke Georgia

Jim and Vicki Ohio

Jim and Diane Iowa

Karen Minnesota
Last edited by Woodbutcher on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby JaneV » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:43 pm

Hey, Mike, Will, and Steve - This gathering is becoming an annual pilgrimage for me! Count me in and hopefully my camping buddy Dee
(she has been working a lot lately). Happy Trails, Jane Brown :thumbsup:
JaneV
Teardrop Builder

Postby Woodbutcher » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:56 am

That is great Jane. I will put you both down. Maybe by July Dee will get some time to relax. See ya in the summer.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby sagebrush » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:25 am

All work and no play makes Dee grumpy :( :cry:
We ain't skeer'd of the dark!

Living large in a small way!
sagebrush
Platinum Donating Member

Postby lee senn » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:35 pm

Lee and Norma here we will definitely be attending. We have made it to all of the Walk the Winds gatherings ( although the first time we were there without a tear to get ideas for building ours ). We highly recommend this gathering to all. Lee
lee senn
Donating Member

Postby jss06 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:41 pm

Sadly not this year. The wife and I already have plans for a Norwegian cruise for our vacation in 2015.
jss06
Palladium Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:01 pm

Lee and Norma, Glad you will be returning. We look forward to another great gathering!
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:04 pm

jss06 wrote:Sadly not this year. The wife and I already have plans for a Norwegian cruise for our vacation in 2015.

Well if we have to lose out to something I think a Norwegian Cruise is a good reason. :lol:
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby buckisland1950 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:51 pm

I know this is long range planning which I'm not that use to, but, Is anyone planning on attending that will also head to Yellowstone and then to Colorado for the following weekend? Never been to Yellowstone and looks like the time to book is now if not in the very near future. Any input as to campgrounds or such would be greatly appreciated.

Hope to make it

Franke
buckisland1950
Teardrop Builder

Postby DrCrash » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:20 pm

we will be in the area for most of June and July so if god willing and the creeks don't rise.

I will confirm a definite down the road but for now put Jim And Vicki down.
DrCrash
The 300 Club

Postby Woodbutcher » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:17 pm

buckisland1950 wrote:I know this is long range planning which I'm not that use to, but, Is anyone planning on attending that will also head to Yellowstone and then to Colorado for the following weekend? Never been to Yellowstone and looks like the time to book is now if not in the very near future. Any input as to campgrounds or such would be greatly appreciated.

Hope to make it

Franke

After the 2012 Walk the Winds we went up to the Grand Teton National Park for one night. Nice Camp Ground. Flush toilets and the showers you had to drive to the concession/gift shop area.

Then we went up to Yellowstone for 2 nights. Stayed at Bridge Bay. Do to the time of year we wanted to be sure we had sites and they take reservations.

Here is a good site for CG info there.... http://www.yellowstonenationalpark.com/camping.htm You can not go wrong in Yellowstone. It is one of my favorite places, I could go every year!

Our group has not made any firm plans yet but I believe we will go to Yellowstone, but don't know where or for how long. We get together in February and will firm up details.

I will put you on the list and if things change just let me know.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:09 pm

DrCrash wrote:we will be in the area for most of June and July so if god willing and the creeks don't rise.

I will confirm a definite down the road but for now put Jim And Vicki down.

Jim and Vicki I have you on the list. If things change let me know.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:12 pm

For anyone thinking of going on to Yellowstone after Walk the Winds, here is a good link for information. DO NOT be turned off by the fact that it is an RV site. Lots of good advise in it.

http://www.rvtechmag.com/travel/4_yello ... php?pg=all
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Next

Return to North Central