Walk the Winds Gathering Wyoming July 24-26 2015: UPDATE

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Re: 4th Annual Walk the Winds Gathering Wyoming July 24-26 2

Postby Woodbutcher » Sun May 17, 2015 7:04 pm

Harvey, I am sorry you won't make it. I would have enjoyed meeting you. We may still meet around a campfire someday!

Fred, get off the computer and get out there and finish the trailer! :lol: I will put you down as a "maybe". Hope it works out and you can join us.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Fred Trout » Sun May 17, 2015 11:17 pm

Thanks, :) computer professional, just retired, so I am always messing with electronics but have plenty of time now to work on the teardrop.

Should be pretty far along or done by the end of July since this one is a simple build to learn how it's done. Not looking to build anything fancy and as long as it lets us sleep dry and warm, it will be good enough. Will let you know in plenty of time if we are coming for sure.
Fred Trout
The 300 Club

Postby Woodbutcher » Mon May 18, 2015 12:44 pm

Sounds good Fred, enjoy the building process, it's a big part of the fun.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby sailor John » Sun May 24, 2015 6:52 pm

:NC :NC :NC I hate to post this, I won't be able to make the Walk the Winds Gathering this year. On July 14th I will be getting a new hip. I was hoping for an earlier surgery date. For the long term recovery I have to pass this year. If by chance I get an earlier date count me in.
Sailor John & Reina
Cascade, ID
2015 R-Pod
Retired Sub Sailor
2015-45 days camped
2015 # states camped in - 7
sailor John
Teardrop Inspector

Postby PKCSPT » Sun May 24, 2015 9:39 pm

Pray the surgery goes well for you and you will be up and camping again soon
121172 116946 159644
PKCSPT
Silver Donating Member

Postby buckisland1950 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:33 pm

In trying to be ready for the gathering I noticed that a AIS decal is needed if I bring a canoe to paddle. Can I purchase this after I arrive or is this something I need to go ahead and purchase online. I might also wish to do some flyfishing as well, so the same question applies. Buy in advance or wait until I arrive. Anyone planning on paddling, I would like to paddle some flatwater or very mild whitewater in my canoe.

Thanks,

Franke
buckisland1950
Teardrop Builder

Postby Woodbutcher » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:52 pm

John, we will miss you but a new hip trumps a vacation. Get well and I hope we meet around a fire some day!

Franke, I am sorry I can't answer your questions. When I went to the 2012 gathering, I know Paul did some fishing. Not sure where he got his license. If Mike sees this post and can answer he will email me. I will tell you that it is about 20 miles from the CG to Pinedale. That is the closest town. So if you decide to do either, buy them as you pass through town on the way to the CG. Hopefully someone who really knows will chime in.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Rainier70 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:02 pm

You will need both the decal and an inspection of the canoe. Inspections are usually at the ports. Here is the page for Wyo Game and Fish that has the links on it that you will need. https://wgfd.wyo.gov/web2011/fishing-1000206.aspx

Obviously you will also need a fishing lic. etc

Good luck and have fun.
Rainier70
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby buckisland1950 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:31 am

Thanks for the replies.

Franke
buckisland1950
Teardrop Builder

Postby 39Ratrod » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:16 am

The nonmotorized decal is $5. I have been canoeing here for years and never once been checked. Pretty much anywhere that sells fishing licenses can hook you up with the decal.
The biggest difference between a dreamer and a doer is the follow through.
39Ratrod
Teardrop Master

Postby Woodbutcher » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:06 am

Mike, Slowcowboy has asked me to pass on some information for the gathering coming up July 24th

just wanted to say hi and touch basis with you before the gathering in july. I just put my sweet corn in the ground today. we should have no fire banns this year. Wyoming got drowned from may 1st solid record breaking rain fall!!!!!! some places in Wyoming have gotten 7 inches of rain since may 1st lots of full lakes and rivers and creeks flooding tough has been mild but my con planting was way delayed.

it would be a good idea even if its Wyoming to recormenend ez-ups and shelters and rain coats. its a super wet year out here this spring and they are precting a cool rainy summer.

might also add extra coats might be needed this year.

thinking of kinda preparing early a bit this year in june for the gathering and the foods and the campfires.

I got log chained sawed already for a Swedish candle for the main fire.

Those that want to reach Mike Eggers can friend him on Facebook.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike also asked me to post a schedule of events. As has been done in the past Mike invites you to bring a Coleman or similar lantern for the "Light Up" we will do one evening. There is a huge group campfire and he has a Swedish candle log . Since we are a good distance from town and most meals are at camp. We will have an official Potluck on Saturday night and an Omelet breakfast on Sunday morning. It may turnout that other meals can be group also but lunches and breakfasts the other days are usually up to individuals. Many will do day trips and just come back for dinners. When it gets a little closer I will post more about meals and people can say what they want to make.

We still have room for more campers so those that are undecided it's not to late!. How are the maybe's doing? Any change? :thumbsup:
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Fred Trout » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:14 pm

Just found out it's 92 bux for a season Wyo Fishing license or $14 a day so since it's much cheaper to buy the fish at the grocery store, will subsist on a diet of bark, worms, bugs, grubs, gophers, and beans; and that's what I'm bringing to the pot-luck, or should I say out-a-luck. Xtra portions if it's a warm night and the moths & caddis come into the light good !

That's highway robbery and they don't even have a old-fogie discount. :R
Fred Trout
The 300 Club

Postby wagondude » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:20 pm

If you happen by a good fishing spot, you can get the fish for free. I remember one trip when I was young, A couple of guys flagged us down by Earth Quake Lake and asked us if we would like some fish. They were at their limit and wanted to keep fishing, so needed to dispose of the evidence. I think that may have been the first Rainbows I had ever eaten. Not exactly lawful in the strictest interpretation, but we ate well and they got to keep fishing.
Bill

TnTTT ORIGIONAL 200A LANTERN CLUB
wagondude
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Fred Trout » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:46 pm

Just a commentary on the price of fishing licenses for out of staters these days. They are like speed traps, ticket quotas, speed cams, parking tickets, asset forfeitures, exorbitant property taxes, and eminent domain for private use. Governments trying to gouge as much money as possible from the rubes.

Just pisses me off :grouch day1:
Fred Trout
The 300 Club

Postby Woodbutcher » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:05 pm

Fred, nothing wrong with getting your fish from the grocery store.....I have been doing it my whole life. :lol:
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to North Central