Walk the winds 2019..7th year! Plan on July folks!

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Re: Walk the winds 2019..7th year! Plan on July folks!

Postby slowcowboy » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:53 am

We might get some hail.got a good storm on the 4th did little damage praise Jesus to our gardens and crops but it made me as a farmer a,nervous wreck.bjt hail stones or ice marbles in a glass of water was pretty dang good about like eating snow in the sumner up on a moutain pass...i may bring a so cheapo Bushnell spotting scope..stars are,wonderful here in the 307 and we got no wild fire smog record wet year and its early for fire season yet...but we have had a record hail thunder boomers ladt 2,weeks,season but I think it's finally tapering off finaly..

I am dreaming of one big rainbow trout I got my hole staked out every year...for a 6 am...nice hike....might eat it in camp this year rather than take it home on ice to pavillion....
Yup...dreaming of nice foljs to talk to..a nice 2 am naps in my tear a little bible time while folks nap in a quite afternoon say 3 am.when things quit down or at 3 am..i ant been out camping yet this year so I am ready....got to remmber to bring the apple pie as Steve reminded me or wood butcher for after supper around da camp fire...make sure my lanterns I am bringing to the Coleman lantern light off have new mangled and got tested out a week a head of time or see if they will still fire up and light...got to ckean my tear out and air tires up I am a late guy and a peocasnator.i get ready at the last minute and figure out food buy some spuddy I got a new hash browns fad tbis year...figure out which Coleman stove I am bringing and which dutch oven..and what I plan to cook up....see ya all thursday.....weather looks very hot and clear for this,week end on NOA......Slow
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby robfisher » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:17 pm

You make it sound like so much work, Slow. The last three outings for me I went to the deli, bought a few days worth of salads and sandwiches and stuffed um into an ice chest. Left Coleman at home and called it good.

But Cliff is coming with me for this one and he likes to cook so I'm sure Coleman and Dutch will be along for the trip. And the White Mountain will surely tag along. Gotta have ice cream for the dump cake, ya know.

I'm looking forward to a great event. Nice and laid back.

Rob
robfisher
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Jen123 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:21 pm

So I just want to confirm that this is at the new fork lakes campground
GPS 43.083610, -109.96564

Don't want to get lost.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Jen123
Teardrop Builder

Postby slowcowboy » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:03 pm

Yup. We don't move...slow
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby Woodbutcher » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:33 pm

Just to avoid confusion, there is a New Forks Lake Camp Ground, and a New Forks Lake Group Campsite. They are across the main road from each other and there is a sign saying group site. The group site will be on the left, and use to be right near the big dumpsters.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Photophobic » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:12 pm

I keep seeing these notifications and have a bad itch to make this happen after all...

Is there a group site? if so is there room for another teardrop? what would I be looking at fees wise? I know super late notice, wasn't expecting to be able to and probably shouldn't but I might be able to make it happen and the wanderlust is strong this week.
Paul

Photophobic photographer looking for adventure.
Build thread: Here
Photophobic
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Wolfgang92025 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:59 pm

Paul,

I can only answer a couple of your questions.
Yes, its a group site, with plenty of room for one more rig.
Cost, I don't know. Part of it depend on how many rigs split the fee for the campground.
If past years is an indicator, it will be around $20, give or take a few.
Maybe we will see you this weekend. :thumbsup: :beer:
Wolfgang

Wolfgang92025
Lifetime member

Postby slowcowboy » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:27 am

So all this ice cream needs a slice of apple pie hey.looking at a easy skillet recipe wandering if I can pull this off in camp with s dutch oven lid over the skillet figure out how many buckets for 350 degreas if they say a hour at hime in the oven at 5 grand feet above sea level in pavillion figure close to 2 hours over at pinedale at least 7 to 8 grand above da ocran...thinking on a cooking experiment this moring .Apple pie in da woods.. slow.
slowcowboy
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby slowcowboy » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:29 am

We can fit probaly 20 campers in there easly campgrounds permitted for 30 humans at one time.yes its a group site its,why we never change location as its about the only group site reservable. Slow.
slowcowboy
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby Woodbutcher » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:41 am

Mike, If you want to make DO cooking easy, use the Dinwiddie method. Works for any size oven. Place 1 ring of coals touching all the way around the far lip of the top. Put another ring just under the bottom edge all the way around. If you want to brown the top, put a couple coals in the middle of the lid. Super easy way to cook.

https://dutchovenmadness.blogspot.com/2 ... ature.html

Good site for recipes too.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby slowcowboy » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:25 pm

Soooo,...looking at this weekend's weather forcast I would skip setting up any ez-ups or shady things...mainly we got g8sty winds in the for cast so it's not worth trying them th8ngs down...abd bring a coat Friday night looks thunderbo9ners again we been having sone really wild hail and thunder boomers weather since a week before the 4th been wild latly..so far its mostly big horn basin and eatern Wyoming this week but rivertons been getting a fair share to..mostly right now I got a lot of gusty winds and no rain...so yea morings are coilish and mostly calm no wind then it gets coolish and gusty in the afternoons and eveings... pinedales moutains so temps averagev80 at the most high elevation slow I don't even think I will bring my ez-up leave them at home we got cool tall pine trees for shade any ways were we always park our camp chairs to sleep and chat with everyone. Slow.
slowcowboy
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby capnTelescope » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:28 pm

I'm making good progress toward getting there. Left Monday, in Loveland CO tonite. Estimated 6 hours of driving to go. I'll sleep in Thursday till folks start arriving.

Come early and beat the crowds :D

Is this place maintained? Should someone bring a weed eater?
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Brad
ImageImageImage

Building the Bed & Breakfast
capnTelescope
Lifetime member

Postby robfisher » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:37 pm

slowcowboy wrote:Soooo,...looking at this weekend's weather forcast I would skip setting up any ez-ups or shady things...mainly we got g8sty winds in the for cast so it's not worth trying them th8ngs down...abd bring a coat Friday night looks thunderbo9ners again we been having sone really wild hail and thunder boomers weather since a week before the 4th been wild latly..so far its mostly big horn basin and eatern Wyoming this week but rivertons been getting a fair share to..mostly right now I got a lot of gusty winds and no rain...so yea morings are coilish and mostly calm no wind then it gets coolish and gusty in the afternoons and eveings... pinedales moutains so temps averagev80 at the most high elevation slow I don't even think I will bring my ez-up leave them at home we got cool tall pine trees for shade any ways were we always park our camp chairs to sleep and chat with everyone. Slow.

Sounds like great camping weather to me. Looks like night time lows mid 40's Daytime highs mid to high 70's. Out of the heat like camping is supposed to be. I'm so jacked I'm leaving home a day early. Plan to spend Wednesday night at Craters of the Moon. Then on to Walk the Winds.

See ya'll soon! Oh! The White Mountain is a soakin'. Home cranked ice cream in the mountains. It doesn't get any better than that.

Rob
robfisher
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby robfisher » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:39 pm

Photophobic wrote:I keep seeing these notifications and have a bad itch to make this happen after all...

Is there a group site? if so is there room for another teardrop? what would I be looking at fees wise? I know super late notice, wasn't expecting to be able to and probably shouldn't but I might be able to make it happen and the wanderlust is strong this week.

Really hope you can make it.
robfisher
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby capnTelescope » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:37 am

robfisher wrote:
Photophobic wrote:I keep seeing these notifications and have a bad itch to make this happen after all...

Really hope you can make it.

You had something more important to do? C'mon down!
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Brad
ImageImageImage

Building the Bed & Breakfast
capnTelescope
Lifetime member

PreviousNext

Return to North Central