Walk the Winds , July 30 to August 2. 2020

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Re: Walk the Winds , July 30 to August 2. 2020

Postby slowcowboy » Thu May 28, 2020 8:04 pm

Still crazy but receration.gov. still lists new forks group site as closed down to covid 19...sonethings not adding up ..??????????......and this is of may 28th.....and fully states they have cancled all reservations still the big yellow sign is up..something fishy is going on here...??????
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby robfisher » Thu May 28, 2020 8:49 pm

Since you have made up your mind to not come, Mike, then don't come. We will miss you for sure but you are right; there IS always next year. I hope you will let me ask for a favor from you without getting upset. I think it would be helpful to you as well as to those of us who ARE planning and hoping to come this year if you would please give us a break from your negative posts. We get it. Maybe this year won't happen. Maybe it will. We are good with that. We love you. We understand your fear. We get it. We get it. We get it. You don't need to warn us again.
robfisher
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby sagebrush » Fri May 29, 2020 4:23 pm

:thumbsup: Well said Rob. :applause:
Thank you :thumbsup:
Will
We ain't skeer'd of the dark!

Living large in a small way!
sagebrush
Platinum Donating Member

Postby sagebrush » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:54 am

:) Things are getting more normal. :)

Montana entrances to Yellowstone are opening June 1. Wyoming has been open for 2 weeks.
Day use only. No tour buses. Social distancing is encouraged but not enforced.
Looking up folks :D

Hope to see you at New Fork Lake end of July :thumbsup:

Will

sagebrush
Platinum Donating Member

Postby slowcowboy » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:55 am

Group camping?..this is ny thoughts on new forks this year as i write it off till 2021....they did finally yesterday take the crona warning signs down on receration.gov..but your f
Shareing basicly one tolit lid and one door handle and one roll of toilet paper with no running water to wash your hands with ..with basicly 10 to 25 people all from 10 different states at new forks. You don't know were they have been at to come out to pinedale or were they even have passed though here in Wyoming even to get here... :thinking: ..so not really safe.....they say the 2 wave started in Colorado may 30th and since may 18th when they opened Wyoming up the daily crona maps here in wyoming and the death counts have gone crazy.. places like worland are now loaded with it when we never had crona up there..so like swoody said on general threads I want to play some other day.. I can afford to skip group camping this year...since Feb 2019 i have seen a lot of death..my dad, farm animals and tons of freinds and family and neighbors as I live in a retirement community here in Wyoming. I want to live!.. I drug off so many dead cows last 2 years ,dead cats and shot my favorite saddle horse who was 29 and half my soical world is gone.. even young people to heart high blood pressure..i don't want crona or to be put on a ventilator..so I personally choose to not do any group stlye camping this year and there's no way to really go behind a tree in pinedale to take a manure dump...slowcowboy..sorry to offend every one this year, but this is what I had to do...
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby Woodbutcher » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:52 am

Thanks for the update Mike. This is the first we have heard of all this and that you will not be attending. I wish you would have said something earlier or more often. If you are afraid, you should stay home. But please let the rest of us decide what we what to do. I don't know why you have such a fixation with this when you are not involved. This gathering is 7 weeks away. If things change, we are old enough to make changes or not come. We do not need your help. I promise to put Hand Sanitizer and a chlorine spray bottle in the pit toilet. Everyone will have Clorox wipes with them. Water is available at the Ranger Station....promise to bring plenty. All of us live in areas with MUCH more Covid then WY has. We have been doing the things that are necessary to be safe for 3 months now....We know how to stay safe.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby lee senn » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:36 pm

Well we have convinced our friends , Carolyn and Don Bailey to make the trip to Walk the Winds with us so add one more unit to the group Lee and Norma
lee senn
Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:45 pm

Excellent! The more the merrier.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby capnTelescope » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:28 pm

sagebrush wrote::thumbsup: Well said Rob. :applause:
Thank you :thumbsup:

+1 :thumbsup:

Woodbutcher wrote:The more the merrier.

+1 :thumbsup:

I'm hoping the Yellowstone campgrounds are open by then. Last year, I tried to see the whole thing in 1 day while pulling the trailer. Total Fail. :thumbdown:
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Brad
ImageImageImage

Building the Bed & Breakfast
capnTelescope
Lifetime member

Postby sagebrush » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:15 pm

:D
Here is the guest list as of July 1
Sagebrush
Aviatorbrew
Sparksalot
RobFisher
Cap'n Telescope
Wolfgang
Lee & Norma
Wood butcher
JoeB (sideboards)
Glenn (I just made that up) & Opal
Carolyn & Dan
Jen123
Mary
Micki
John
Looking GREAT :D
See you all ar New Fork Lake :thumbsup:

Will
Last edited by sagebrush on Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.

sagebrush
Platinum Donating Member

Postby TimC » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:15 pm

Still hoping to attend! BIG 3500+ miles round trip!

This might not be the place for this request, but, it might be good to not get a bazillion answers. I recognize many of the WTWs participants from guiding me as I built my TD. I value their opinions. So, I want to create a list of preventative maint. tasks before the trip and hope that you can suggest anything I might have overlooked. And, I hope this might help others get prepared for the long road.

My TD is going on five years old. Probably about 5k miles total. I'll have brand new wheels/tires installed in early July.

- Inspect/repack hub bearings
- Inspect/adjust brake pads
- Trace brake electrical system for wear
- inspect battery bank and connections (Batteries are one to four years old, well balanced and maintain good voltage. They are on a charge controller 24/7/365)

- TV oil/filter change
- TV tire inspection
- TV to Mechanic for steering and suspension inspection.
- Determine if an additional AT fluid cooler is needed ('15 Ford Escape, Ford forum says don't bother. Computers in vehicle will take care of the transmission :thinking: )

- Check propane gas inventory, condiments inventory, sawdust inventory ;)
- Empty TD of non-essential gear
- Check fridge operation
-
-

Thanks, Tim
Tim
Niagara, WI
My First Teardrop Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63575
My Second Teardrop Build Thread - Started August '16 - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66939
TimC
Gold Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:50 pm

It seems like you have the bases covered. I do most of the same things. I have a CB radio in my Jeep and when we travel in a group we bring walkie talkies to communicate. Anything that can help you in a break down is valuable.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby sagebrush » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:51 pm

Appears to me you have it pretty well covered. :thumbsup:

There are groceries available in Pinedale, just kinda pricey :o

If you run short on sawdust, no worries, I have a chainsaw and spare chain. :lol:

Best way to start a long trip like that is to hitch TD to TV :lol:

Hope to place your name on guest list.

Will

sagebrush
Platinum Donating Member

Postby capnTelescope » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:46 pm

TimC wrote:hope that you can suggest anything I might have overlooked.

Depending on the TV's mileage, it might appreciate a change of tranny fluid. I did that before my Alaska trip and nothing bad happened... :NC :roll:
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Brad
ImageImageImage

Building the Bed & Breakfast
capnTelescope
Lifetime member

Postby sagebrush » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:46 am

:D I just spoke with a nice lady at the town of Pinedale.
She said everything was pretty much back to normal there.

We should have a GREAT time.(I wasn't about to disagree with her)

Acquatic center is open so we can get store bought showers if needed. $7 or $5 for geezers.(I resemble that!)

See you all at New Fork Lake in July.

Will

sagebrush
Platinum Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to North Central