Walk the Winds , July 30 to August 2. 2020

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Re: Walk the Winds , July 30 to August 2. 2020

Postby slowcowboy » Sat May 23, 2020 7:52 pm

The crona sign says the national forest cancled and refunded all reservations for new forks so how can you guys with out a reservation even count on July 30th when you show up as they fully state on recreation. Gov that they dumped all reservations.so tecnicly the campgrounds not even currently reserved for July 30th..its all now up in the air besides being closed down with a locked gate..
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby slowcowboy » Sun May 24, 2020 5:25 am

May 23rd yesterday fully stated on recreation. Gov that new forks was still closed to crona and all reservations have been cancled and and refunds issued...
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
7000 Club
7000 Club

Re: New Fork Lake Wyoming 2020

Postby TimC » Sun May 24, 2020 8:08 am

Woodbutcher wrote:... Mike, you have to be the worst salesman I ever met. If Wyoming is not open by the end of July, there will not be any country left to travel in. States with a lot larger population then WY are already starting to open Parks. Relax, take a deep breath and invite the people to join you in Pinedale for a great weekend. By July everyone will want to get out a see one of the most beautiful area's in the Country. Join us in Pinedale, we'll leave a light on for ya.

I hafta agree... I am really excited about planning for this trip and I know that it might not happen, but, the repeated reminders of it won't happen because... is really unnecessary. We all know what might happen. I'd rather have a positive buildup and then get let down hard than what we are seeing here. But then, what do I know?

I'm looking forward to side trips to Glacier and Yellowstone, but, I'm open to suggestions of places to see. Probably traveling west Via US 2 to Glacier then south on unknown route to WTW. I'm more a go slow and take it in traveler. I don't need to see it all, just experience it at a leisurely pace. Probably boondocking my way staying in NF lands.

Tim
Tim
Niagara, WI
My First Teardrop Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63575
My Second Teardrop Build Thread - Started August '16 - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66939
#3 Benroy Foamie build with/for my son - Started July '20 - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72877
TimC
Gold Donating Member

Postby sagebrush » Sun May 24, 2020 8:15 am

Slowcowboy, I am certainly glad you have adopted this as your special project :thinking:
Recreation.gov, which you love to quote STILL SHOWS JULY 30 TO AUGUST 2 AS RESERVED :shock:
I have NOT been notified of a cancellation or been issued a refund :D :D
IF YOU (SLOWCOWBOY) DO NOT WANT TO PARTICIPATE THAT IS YOUR CHOICE....
Life is a series of choices.

My choice is to try to make this gathering happen. 8)

If anyone else wants to attend, GREAT,.

Y'all come now, hear..

Will
We ain't skeer'd of the dark!

Living large in a small way!
sagebrush
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Sun May 24, 2020 8:33 am

Will, I just went on Recreation.gov. I can reserve the group site right now, starting with the first of June. I chose an open date and went all the way to paying and it let me. Had there been a problem with FUTURE reservations, the dates would not have gotten into my cart for payment.

As I have done for past gatherings at New Forks I attended, on Tuesday I will call the Pinedale Ranger Station and talk directly to them. Hopefully this will give some closure to Slow Cowboy.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby MtnDon » Sun May 24, 2020 6:14 pm

Just to be fair to Slow, when I go to the recreation.gov website and search for the New Fork Lake Group Campground, the page that comes up next has a banner notice at the top that does state the campground is closed, etc.....

Further down that page then there is a note that the group site has reservable availability thru to Sept 30.

I would say the website is confusing, sending mixed messages, at best.
Our 6x12 deep vee nose cargo trailer camper conversion... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58336

We have a small off grid cabin we built ourselves in the NM mountains; small PV solar system; 624 watts PV, Outback CC & inverter/charger ... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0
MtnDon
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby capnTelescope » Mon May 25, 2020 10:11 pm

MtnDon wrote:...the page that comes up ... has a banner notice at the top that does state the campground is closed, etc.....Further down that page then there is a note that the group site has reservable availability thru to Sept 30.

That was my take, too. I think the not-group campground is shut.

woodButcher wrote:Relax, take a deep breath and invite the people to join you in Pinedale for a great weekend.

Amen. I am so tired of hearing what awful things in general might go wrong. Worst case scenario, it's a scenic drive up there. Y'all just don't go starting a second wave of the Wuhan and ruin everything.

TimC wrote: I'm open to suggestions of places to see.

If you haven't seen Devil's Tower, it's there in eastern Wyoming. It's one of those things to see once, but not much there to bring you back. Unless you want to climb the darn thing. It's much easier to take the 1.25 mile trail around it. Even us old folks can do that. Nice campground that fills up early & costs money.

Bottom line, until Sagebrush sez they cancelled and refunded him, I'm planning to go and have fun. Hope to see you all.

:beer:
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Brad
ImageImageImage

Building the Bed & Breakfast
capnTelescope
Lifetime member

Postby Woodbutcher » Tue May 26, 2020 12:08 pm

I just talked to the Rangers in charge of New Forks Group Site. Our reservation is legal and will NOT be cancelled . The travel restrictions and quarantine has been lifted. So out of state people have no restrictions on crossing into Wyoming. As of right now, the group site is limited to 25 people.

So please relax, stop worrying and show up for a great weekend in the outdoors. Life is good! :beer:
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby TimC » Tue May 26, 2020 5:39 pm

TimC wrote: I'm open to suggestions of places to see.

If you haven't seen Devil's Tower, it's there in eastern Wyoming. It's one of those things to see once, but not much there to bring you back. Unless you want to climb the darn thing. It's much easier to take the 1.25 mile trail around it. Even us old folks can do that. Nice campground that fills up early & costs money.

Bottom line, until Sagebrush sez they cancelled and refunded him, I'm planning to go and have fun. Hope to see you all.

:beer:[/quote]

I've "seen" Devil's tower from SD, but, that probably doesn't count...
Tim
Niagara, WI
My First Teardrop Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63575
My Second Teardrop Build Thread - Started August '16 - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66939
#3 Benroy Foamie build with/for my son - Started July '20 - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72877
TimC
Gold Donating Member

Postby lee senn » Tue May 26, 2020 10:29 pm

Well Norma and I have been going to Walk the Winds since the very begining ( except missed two Back surgery and conflict with schedule ) . We have been planning on coming to this one from the git go and nothing has changed ! Looks like a good sized group is coming and we are looking forward to meeting friends old and new . See ya there !! Lee and Norma
lee senn
Donating Member

Postby capnTelescope » Wed May 27, 2020 10:03 am

TimC wrote:I've "seen" Devil's tower from SD, but, that probably doesn't count...

Having seen it from afar and up close, it's two different experiences. I wonder if I saw SD from DT?
BTW, The mothership wasn't there when I was. :roll:

:beer:
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Brad
ImageImageImage

Building the Bed & Breakfast
capnTelescope
Lifetime member

Postby sagebrush » Wed May 27, 2020 2:03 pm

:thumbsup: Thanks for getting the real story, Steve :D
See you all at New Fork Lake :D

Will
We ain't skeer'd of the dark!

Living large in a small way!
sagebrush
Platinum Donating Member

Postby robfisher » Wed May 27, 2020 2:37 pm

Last year was great fun. And the showers that somebody installed was a nice addition ;)
robfisher
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby slowcowboy » Thu May 28, 2020 7:26 pm

More dead people in casper today statewide deaths and cases have leaped since they opened the borders wouldn't come even if i had the money pure stupty not safe...if I can't safely walk into a grocery store with out a paint mask why should I come????????.. we got 6 major rodeos canceled...i mean really people?????most of the gathering is from out of state and the kids couldn't even have highschool graduation last week?????....we got nursing homes now with it...yea, not really even planing on plateing my teardrop this year or moving it out of storage...not worth my health or sublite county's health or my mother's or the people around me..see ya all next. Year...slow...state parks are still Wyoming residents only and no camping in yellowstone..
slowcowboy
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby slowcowboy » Thu May 28, 2020 7:31 pm

I mean what are we going to do sit around a camp fire spaced out 6 feet apart wearing masks???????....i am watching the cases and deaths going up here in Wyoming on the local news every day?????
slowcowboy
7000 Club
7000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to North Central