camp outs in missouri

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

camp outs in missouri

Postby neal b » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:02 pm

is there going to be any teardrop gathering in missouri this summer i hate to be the only one having fun :D i will be camping at montauk state park,bennettsprings and meramec springs park :thumbsup: hope to see some of you there
neal b
The 300 Club

Postby DestinDave » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:45 pm

Well, I certainly hope I'm ready and able to make some gatherings this year. I'm shooting for the IRG this summer and whatever else I can fit in on a more local basis. There's been some talk of another MO-KAN get together.

Dave
Reality? What a concept!
Building "The Salty Tear" - a photo log of the project.
http://www.bluezenphoto.com/p979644357
DestinDave
500 Club

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:36 pm

Neal b

Trudy and I are always looking for an excuse to go camping so any time your going give us a hollar a little in advance and we'll try to make it.
Gary
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:06 pm

I have an idea.... or may I make a motion? Last year, was the MO-KAN who graciously allowed an Oklahoma newbie to attend.
Now how about a MOKAN Missouri Oklahoma Kansas Arkansas Neighbors Group !!!

Last year, there was interest in a gathering at Grand Lake o' the Cherokees which is in the far ne corner of Oklahoma. A new member here, Monkeyislandrn , actually lives near there and will be doing some checking. I'm thinking Sept for that area, good fall colors.

If you're camping anywhere, put out the word and we will come!
haha a
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Waliczek » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:15 pm

Hi,
Somebody put of some dates and places, and I will try to get there. I will also think of someplace over the week end.
Tom
"Toys"--2003 Dodge Dakota--TT Rimple"Gypsy"--1955 Boles Aero Travel Trailer--2002 Sweetwater 20' Pontoon--1982 22' Mcgregor sailboat..
Waliczek
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:02 pm

:lol:
i will be camping at montauk state park,bennettsprings and meramec springs park hope to see some of you there

Bennettsprings is kinda close to us.

Juli suggested
gathering at Grand Lake o' the Cherokees

Depending on the side of the lake is about 40 minutes out. :applause:
I,m not sure you won't sufficate in September though. Kinda hot! I however will at least show up to say hi at either place. Can stay if the Baby is doing well. Let us know.

Miriam
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby BrwBier » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:34 am

I hope to have my teardrop done enough for a spring trip through Missouri in early May. I have no definate plans but plan a few days in Branson, other than that I will be traveling and camping in Missouri from the 5th to the 15th of may. Ether in my teardrop or with a tent. I'm open to suggestions from anyone in that area.
Brwbier
BrwBier
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby DestinDave » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:36 am

BrwBier...

Even if mine isn't ready yet I'll come down for a day and drink an O'Douls with ya... I know - to you that ain't beer but it'll do for me... Let us know when you're out 'n' about...

Dave
Reality? What a concept!
DestinDave
500 Club

o douls

Postby neal b » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:03 pm

bring extra thata my brand i will bring the ice :applause:
neal b
The 300 Club

Postby DestinDave » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:14 pm

Well, in that case let's really celebrate! Ever have Guiness Kaliber? Or a St. Pauli Girl NA? My fave of all the NAs is the Kaliber - hard to find though - only store near me is a pain in the arse (cleaner version) to get to.
Reality? What a concept!
DestinDave
500 Club

Postby WarPony » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:28 pm

Dude, my girlfriend and I are always heading to MO on canoe trips!! Do you canoe? We are heading to Cross Timbers State Park at Toronto Resevoir near Yates Center, KS this weekend. Never been there but have heard good things about it.
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:35 pm

Grand Lake, hopefully in Sept....

Hope you Missouri and Kansas buddies will come up with some good campout ideas!!!

julie
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

camping in MO

Postby toys4tj » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:12 pm

Hey,
We hope to have ours ready soon for camping. We would Love to meet up with other teardropers! If anyone comes up with some dates, pLease post them , We wil for sure try to get there!

Oklahomajewel... do you know when the MO/Kan was last year, or any other info on that? I think the more the merrier, no matter where you are from, So we hope to see you there ;)
toys4tj
Teardrop Builder

mokan

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:00 am

Last year, warpony (jeff) organized the first MO-KAN gathering at Clinton Lake, KS near Lawrence. It was really nice to meet everybody as that was my first teardrop 'experience'. This year? don't know . I still need to make a phone call to figure out the Grand Lake idea. They don't take reservations, but can hold spots that same day.
hmmmm

julie
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:19 pm

Toys4tj
We camped last weekend at Watkins Mill north of Excelsior Springs but we didn't know for sure that we were going till Thursday night so we didn't post it. Friday was great but we got ran out Saturday because of the storm but since we only live 20 miles from the park it wasn't that big a deal.
The MO/KAN last year was in October and so far we haven't gotten any thing going, but who knows maybe this will get it moving.

When you get your Tear done give me a PM and when we take a last minute trip we'll give you a holler if you don't mind going at the last minute. That's the way we go most of the time, get home from work and dicide to go, throw stuff in and leave. One of the advantages to tears is the pack quick.
Gary and Trudy
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Next

Return to North Central