Knob Noster SP, MO gathering June 23-25, 2006

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:17 pm

tk--You won't regret making the stop by to see everyone!!!

Indy... did s4son PM you???? Scott? Did you take up the offer on somebody's tent?

I didn't get as much done as I wanted to tonite, but just got back from the store. I've still gotta stop by a different grocery tomorrow for some zuchinni and squash to k=bob and put on a grill for Saturday night.
I hope it comes out ok!!!

Rick & Linda === I'm going to meet Dave & Cindy and their gang at the Cracker Barrel at about Memorial and 31st, there on the southeast end of Tulsa , at about 8 am for bkfst.... I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you stopped by with us!

SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!!!
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby neal b » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:37 pm

still getting things packed teardrop just about ready got to two minor things to it in the morning hope i dont forget any thing i should be there around 4 pm with any luck!!!!!!!! see you all friday :D
neal b
The 300 Club

Postby Darren » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:55 am

I had a great time coming out to meet all of you. Hope the storm I ran into on the way home went around you, it was bad enough for me to pull off the highway. Hopefully my tear will be ready for the next gathering.
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Postby WarPony » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:43 pm

Yes, the storm missed us but we did get just a few sprinkles. DaveL's curse has officially been broken!! Speaking of broken, something else in the Bluebonnet Camp was also broken.............

Saturday afternoon, Dave and Cindy went to town and left their Pug, Max, in the tear with the AC on. Awhile later, NealB (who was camped across the street from them) heard some clatter and looked up to see Max's two paws sticking out between two of the three panes of glass of his louvered door windows. The next thing he hears is the sound of breaking glass and then another. When Neal looks to see what was going on, he sees Max jumping through the hole where the panes of glass used to be!!!! Max had torn the curtain off, ripped the screen off and wiggled his way to freedom!! Don't worry, Max was not hurt at all and NealB gathered him up and tied him to a tree until Dave and Cindy came back from town. Dave said Max must have not liked the 76* AC temp. :lol: Repairs were made to the window to get them home and they were off this Sunday morning with the slam dunk hit story of the weekend!!

The other group that had ALMOST as much fun than us was the racoons. Friday night, IndyCubby lost a shoe, a package of bacon and a package of bratworst. Campman lost a Croc slipper. Saturday night, they made a visit to DaveL and rearranged the galley while they watched a movie. He got out to see one pulling out some plastic bins to get at some peanuts, one running off with Cindy's shoe and another taking running jumps off of the picnic table to get at the trash hanging from a hook!! Rayvillian and Campman also got a visit from the masked bandits/bastards.

It was a great turnout and I want to thank everyone that drove to get there and those who came to visit and look. It was great to meet all the new people face to face and visit with the ones I've met in the past. Hope to see you all real soon.

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby neal b » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:40 pm

hi all i made it home ok but i got about mile from home my alternator went out on my truck :cry: at least i was almost home limped the truck in now i have work to do i realy enjoyed meeting all of you i also had one of the masked bandits in the back of the truck not missing any thing just got into trash bag and made a mess once again i had a great time hopefully i can get with you all soon :D you all had some very nice teardrops :applause: later
neal b
The 300 Club

Postby WarPony » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:27 pm

neal b wrote: i got about mile from home my alternator went out on my truck

Neal, I call that "perfect timing"!! Glad you made it home alright.
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:53 pm

...it's great that y'all hadda great time...BUT where are the pictures already :cry: :D ;) ............ 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Knob Noster

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:55 pm

WOOOHOOO!!!! Home again, Home again... jiggety jog!

Made it home, after piddling around Grand Lake for an hour or two, but didn't sit down till I got things put up and such.

It was a GREAT CAMPOUT!!! :applause: Lots of laughs, four canine friends, tons of good food, great campfire conversation and fun .... just what a teardrop gathering should be.

I'll post my pics later, and let ya know more about the Bernice St Park find.

WOO HOO!!!! :D
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby tk » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:18 pm

Wow, my short visit with you fine folks was just enough to fire up the desire to begin building. Talking with the wife after she got home from KC today we have arrived on a plan. She is afraid that a TD project would run similar to the canoe and kayak. I tend to lose interest after the building is complete. I can't help it: I'm apparently a builder by nature. Anyway, our plan is to revert to tent camping which we haven't done for years and then if that turns into a habit of sorts a TD would then be considered. She's so damn sensible I can't hardly stand her.

Anyway, it was great meeting you all and I wish I hadn't missed some of you. Above all, I finally got to see a teardrop in person. Looking forward to another time.

Best,
tk
Escape to Missouri
tk
Teardrop Master

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:06 pm

Hey TK , tent campers are still welcome as long as you love the teardrops still !!! haha ... I've tent camped at the three gatherings I've gone to and everyone was sooo friendly and all.

Glad you came out and got to visit though! You too "victorstar" It was good to see ya and your mom .

Julie
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Darren » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:00 am

We both had a good time meeting everyone and gathering new ideas. Hopefully I'll be joining you all camping later this summer.
Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Postby IndyCubby » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:19 am

It was nice meeting you all. Thanks for welcoming me and my psychotic, blind dog!

I had a great time. This was the first time I haven't had to cook while camping because Trudy always had something cooking on the coals next door! Thanks Trudy! Yum yum.

Enjoyed hearing all the storys from Cindy about burying things/animals in holes in her back yard...(it scared me a little, though...)... :lol:

The green/purple/blue fire was nice....thanks to Tony and Kathy (a.k.a. Pyro-Girl).

Most of all, it was neat to see what everyone had done differently on their campers. It gave me ideas for camper #2....but that won't be for a while.

Thanks, Jeff, for organizing a great trip!

If any of you are every in the Hoosier state, let me know!

Chris

p.s...Dave - I hope you post those pictures you took! Thanks for posting yours, Julie.
4x8 Cubby
"Finished" October, 2005
Gone, but not forgotten!
IndyCubby
Teardrop Master

Postby Rickxr2 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:53 pm

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone attending Knob Noster. We had a wonderful time
and met a lot of great people. Hope to see everyone again sometime. Here are a few
pics. Sorry if we left anyone out. Our photo taking is a little hit and miss at times.

Rick & Linda

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rickxr2/album?.dir=5f90&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rickxr2/my_photos
Image Image Image
Rickxr2
The 300 Club

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:28 pm

Just got home... the float trip was great wish that you all could have went too' Had a blast meeting all of our old friends agin and meeting new ones. Glad that you all have made it back home safe and looking forward to the next gathering.

Gary and Trudy
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Previous

Return to North Central