Knob Noster SP, MO gathering June 23-25, 2006

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby WarPony » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:10 pm

Tommy, I've got pictures of Sasquach............ I need one of you cooking to complete my album of life's rarities!! :lol:
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:36 pm

Well, goodie goodie... not sure what I'll bring for Saturday night. I'll have to think on it, plus whatever else for a.m. / lunch. I haven't cleaned off the old coleman stove so I'm not bringing that . Just the charcoal, chimney and grill etc. Or just sandwiches, etc for myself....

awwwwwwwwwwwww teardrops.........
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby IndyCubby » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:49 pm

I'm still trying to figure out if I can make it and where to camp. If I do end up coming, Riley my Weimaraner will be at my side. I'd bring Shadow, my Black Lab, but she sometimes can't control herself and becomes a bit too friendly. Riley's a bit more layed back like me.

Hope to see you all there!
4x8 Cubby
"Finished" October, 2005
Gone, but not forgotten!
IndyCubby
Teardrop Master

Postby IndyCubby » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:28 am

O.K....it's all set. :D

I'm arriving on Friday night and staying in site #7...then moving to site #48 sometime on Saturday. Someone is occupying both #48 and #49 until Saturday, so I had to do a "split" reservation via phone.

Looking forward to meeting up with all of you! Should I bring anything in particular for Saturday evening? I'll have beer (of course). I'll be travelling kind of simple food-wise since it is just me and the dog on this trip. If there's anything I should bring for a pitch-in, just let me know and I'll be happy to bring it. I like to cook. I'll take requests.

Chris
4x8 Cubby
"Finished" October, 2005
Gone, but not forgotten!
IndyCubby
Teardrop Master

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:47 am

Hey Chris -- kewl !!! But you might have to put a teardrop parking only sign on spot 7 and then drive your cubby over to our area during the evening/ day so we can scour it over and get our lookie loo's!
Double check when you get there and see if there was any cancellation or changes, or if they will let us double.

FRIDAY night... eating on our own, but the Potluck is SAT night .

I don't know what the grills are like and have a fold out one. I could bring some traditional burger patties or marinate some drumsticks if someone wants to go in together on something like that . Not really potluck but sorta. Let me know.

Julie
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby exminnesotaboy » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:17 pm

so, Kathy and I had a rare free afternoon today. We decided to drive out to Knob Noster to check it out.

In short, it was nice and small, very clean and should make a super place for our gathering. There were bathrooms/showers not too far from our spots as well. Lots of shade in most of the spaces we will have - not covered completely, but should be very helpful if the sun is out.

If anyone needs to grab a bite to eat on the way out there and don't want to cook yet, Perry Fosters BBQ is about 10 minutes away on the corner of DD and 13 in Warrensburg. Not too fancy on the outside, but good food with huge portions on the inside. They are open 365 days a year and open pretty late every day (I believe 11pm, but not 100% sure).
exminnesotaboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:38 pm

Anthony.... thanks for the info!

Did you notice what the grills were like at the campgrounds? On the ground, or standing? I wondered . I'm bringing charcoal and my standing up kinda grill but not sure what I'll be cookin'. So tired right now, that I might just make tuna salad and bring pb & j ! haha a

I'm thinking for the Sat night potluck I might try to make zucchini / squash on k-bobs. Or just grill some big slices with some oil and s&p.

You'll be guinea pigs! hahaha
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Waliczek » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:22 pm

Jeff, I don't recall saying anyting about the cooking. I would not put anyone through that.. I leave the cooking to you experts. I am pretty much a proffessional eater.

See you late Friday.
Tom
"Toys"--2003 Dodge Dakota--TT Rimple"Gypsy"--1955 Boles Aero Travel Trailer--2002 Sweetwater 20' Pontoon--1982 22' Mcgregor sailboat..
Waliczek
Donating Member

Postby exminnesotaboy » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:58 am

oklahomajewel wrote:Did you notice what the grills were like at the campgrounds? On the ground, or standing? I wondered .

sorry, wasn't looking for that, but I don't remember any standing ones
exminnesotaboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby WarPony » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:58 pm

Waliczek wrote:Jeff, I don't recall saying anything about the cooking.....

I know, I know......... I was ribbing you about that. I told Anna that you were bringing Polish sausage (are you?).

So far, (fingers, eyes, legs crossed) the weather is going to be nice. Mid-80's for highs and lows in the mid-60's!! :worship:
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby s4son » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:00 pm

Try as I might I won’t be able to get our teardrop road-ready by this weekend. I have already made too many mistakes to get in a hurry now. :cry: Since we no longer have a tent and I refuse to buy a new one we are going to have to be visitors only at Knob Noster this weekend. We’ll come by Saturday afternoon to visit and hang around to eat (of course). Someone tell me what to bring and we’ll be there.

Scott F.

IndyCubby - Check your PM concerning our site.
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:28 am

Scott & Sylvia... so sorry that you can't stay all weekEND, but that's great that you can at least come down for the day! And we'll miss seeing your work in progress!!

I just checked the accuweather site for this weekend's weather there, and it looks like some showers this week and maybe even Friday! but nothing but good on Sat/ Sun.

Julie
Last edited by oklahomajewel on Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Tent

Postby Rickxr2 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:31 pm

Scott, we've got a tent you can use if you want. I'll even help with the pitchin.

Rick
Image Image Image
Rickxr2
The 300 Club

Postby Zyamfier » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:00 pm

I wish I was able to make this gathering. However, things are just too busy around here for me to get away. Hope to see some of you in the future at the ITG next year for sure. As I live in Minden, NE I should not have far to travel. And if George decides not to have it in Minden I will still be there.

You all have a great time this weekend I will be wishing I was there.
:D
Jim Petersen
Jim Petersen
"The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome."
Zyamfier
Teardrop Master

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:38 pm

What a cutie! We will sure miss see you there too !

Minden '07...??? I BETTER have the Jewel Box done by then!!

Julie
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to North Central