Colorado 2006 ?

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Colorado 2006 ?

Postby Ben W » Tue May 30, 2006 7:52 pm

Is there a Colorado gathering this year? I've not been able to find any info.

-Ben
Ben W
Donating Member

Postby Gerdo » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:51 pm

I haven't heard of anything yet either.
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby TRAIL-OF-TEARS » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:11 am

I would like to know if there is going to be a gathering this summer too.
We were thinking of heading to Colorado Springs area sometime this August.
Steve J.

Home built Camp-Inn clone.
GO SPURS GO
TRAIL-OF-TEARS
Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:15 pm

On our way back from IRG, we will be passing thru. Stopping at my sister's in Boulder.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby George T. » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:15 am

Greetings from Colorado!

Duane Sherman usually hosts a gathering in mid September here in Colorado. Not quite sure what he has planned this year...

I am in southern Colorado near the Royal Gorge in Florence, Colorado. About 40 miles south of Colorado Springs and 25 miles east of Pueblo. Being at the entrance to The Arkansas River Valley, there is lots to see and do. Remember that this is what we call "high desert/plains" area. So along with the aspen, pine, scrub oak and pinion trees, we have no lack of cactus/yucca plants, etc. We are typically about 10 degrees higher in temperature than Colorado Springs, being about 1000 feet lower in altitude at 5100 feet. Hot days, cool nights.

A good jumping off point for southern Colorado. 1 1/2 - 2 hours in any direction will give you a true taste of Colorado. Fishing on the Arkansas River, The Royal Gorge Bridge & Park, The Great Sand Dunes, Bent's Fort, Bishop's Castle, Garden of The Gods, Pikes Peak, Cripple Creek & Victor and Phantom Canyon to name a few.

If you are into Geocaching, a lot of interesting caches slightly off of the beaten path. Gets you into some locations that normal "tourists' do not see. I have found some interesting places that I never knew existed. Use zip code 81226 as a starting point.

Please drop me a line if I can be of assistance. Visitors are welcomed/encouraged, however please try to give some advanced notice as we have a very busy schedule. If you are passing through, I work as an Assistant Manager for Wal-Mart in Canon City, Colorado. Right off of Highway 50 on the east edge of town. Off on Sunday & Thursday, evening shifts on Wednesday and Friday, during the day on the rest. I run the One Hour Photo/Connection Center and they usually know where I am. Photo Lab phone number is 719 269-8144. Drop me a personal message via the board or email to contact me at home.

Always willing to kick into "teardrop time" and talk teardrops....

George Thornton
George T.
Teardrop Master

Postby curiouswill » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:26 pm

Hi I'm new to Colorado Springs (moved here last aug but been stuck in town) and while I'm unemplyed :cry: I still want to see if I could have any info on a good camping site around and to see if the colorado Campout 2006 (or something similar) is really going to happen so maybe I could come by and visit to help with my plans for my future MiniTD (the car itself will be the main body of the camper and the TD I would tow will be the kitchen). Either way I would like to find out about any good camping spot and to see if anybody on colorado would like to hang out cause while I've been living in Colorado, I haven't had much time to go out and make friends cause of jobs and college. Now since I had to quit both, I would enjoy such a camping trip greatly.

P.S. If anybody do have some info on a good campsite, please keep in mind that I can't pay much for a long drive (Gas$$$) and high camping Fees that there may be.

Thanks anyway.
curiouswill
Teardrop Master

Postby Gerdo » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:01 pm

Any news on a "Colorado Campout"?
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby dacrazyrn » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:57 am

I saw this on the TearJerkers

That's right Colorado and any Tearjerkers that want to head our
way!!! Whether you have one, are building one or just dreaming of
one.... It's time to get together!!!!

It is the "Last Gasp" Gathering!!!

September 28, 29, 30 and October 1, 2006

Royal Gorge Campground, right outside of Canon City, CO....

Everybody join in for a pot luck on Saturday night and let's get
together for a little or a whole bunch of fun!

More info to follow between now and then, I'll put a file on in the
next few days, but contact me if you want to....
[email protected]

--- In [email protected], Duane Sherman <dshe902827@...>
wrote:
>
> Todd just thuoght you would like to know abought this Pam is going
to put on a gather sence i dont have the time this year
> Duane
>
dacrazyrn
Teardrop Master

Postby Gerdo » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:51 pm

Anyone else having problems viewing the Tearjerkers site?
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Tearjerkers Colorado "Last Gasp" gathering

Postby Pam Wright » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:08 pm

Hi all,

I just put a short notice on T & TTT Destinations, or go to www.tearjerkers.com and look at the files for Last Gasp... Better yet email me... [email protected], I'll be happy to forward all the info. Duane Sherman and George Thornton have both helped me arrange this. Come one, come all, we'll have fun!
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby curiouswill » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:25 pm

Yes! I've been trying to find out if there was any plans for a colorado meets and finally there is one!

Unfortunately I would only be able to get a tent (or at least adjust my in-car camping) and stay only on the weekend (friday night to sunday afternoon) if I do go there.

I would need to get some plywood to complete the inner-car/camper construction and luckily I just got a job at the Taco Bell so I should have just enough money to start off and finsh the interior construction before then.

I just bought a 12" Dutch Oven and would like to propose a deal with whoever may go there, Since I'm a complete amateur with the DO and will not have enough ingredient until then to efficiently use the DO, I would like to see if I could loan my DO with somebody and offer some ingredients (whoever want this deals suggest what ingredients to get) in exchange with a "lesson" to how to cook some of the meals and to share it with the dealer's friends/family (the better the lesson is, the better the food will taste :) )and maybe some advices or suggestion on how to continue my construction after the dealer check out my car (maybe there r something I forgot to mention in my car/camper design threads and the dealer might spot something important for me). (oh and I would also like to see if I could have the DO seasoned there)

P.S. oh do I need to reserve a spot or something? If I do, I need to know how much it may cost to do so and stuffs.

also do anybody have an exact address of this campsite so I can check it out and plan the trip (gas money, foods and everything)?
curiouswill
Teardrop Master

Postby Gerdo » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:08 pm

Will
I know there will be some people there that have in the past done DO cooking and will be glad to help. I personaly don't know how to use one. I'm going to try to get there myself.
P.S. Check your e-mail for info
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby curiouswill » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:03 am

Thanks. I got the info. Should I get there, it will be on friday night to sunday evening and the best way to find me would be a orangish/red car and no tent or camper on the lot (The car itself will be used as a temporary camper).

Since I just got a new job, I'm also working on the weekend so I'm hoping that I can get excused for the weekend of the meets. (If I can't get there cause of work, I'll edit and update this post to let y'all know)

:EDIT: Still dunno if my request for having the weekend then off so I may have to miss this gathering :(
curiouswill
Teardrop Master

Postby curiouswill » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:33 pm

Yay seems like I have the weekend off!! :thumbsup: now I have to figure out how to camp on the meager budget of mine (the budget are mostly for gas and foods). I wonder if the DO eat out on saturday will be like a party owhere I could join and eat for free? :thinking: Don't worry, I'll try to contribute something if somebody there are willing to help season my DO (Can't do it here and dunno anybody with a large enough grill to season it). What would you suggest that I bring cause this would be the first time planning a camping trip by myself (all my past camping trips was planned by my dad usually). Naturally I'll bring the stuffs listed below but any idea of what cheap Item I should have with me?

Blanket and pillow

My 12" DO

a bag of clothing

I'll try to get a bin for dishes and stuffs

hygenic stuffs (gonna have to leave my shaving blade at home and let my hair grow a little for the weekend

Ok I'll try to stop and continue this in a seperate thread so I won't threadjack this one by accident which I seems to be doing :oops:

I'll edit and post a link to my thread when I start it.
Here is the link to the seperate thread.
curiouswill
Teardrop Master

Postby Pam Wright » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:25 pm

Okay everybody... only 6 days to go until the "Last Gasp" gathering in Royal Gorge Campground, Hope you are all making plans to join us! There's a lot of people close and I am looking forward to meeting all of you. See you there!!!!
Pam

Any questions, email me! [email protected]
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Next

Return to North Central