Jefferson State Chapter of TearJerkers

Anywhere in the country is fine. Where do you want to camp?

Jefferson State Chapter of TearJerkers

Postby Eunice » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:01 pm

Never too early to start thinking of where you would like to have a gathering. I think we should stay away from the major three spots that I can think of since we have main gatherings at Lake Shasta, pamplin grove and Pt Cabrilla lighthouse.
I am sure there other major gatherings that I am not aware of so just let me know. Dont want to infringe on anyone since I know there is a lot of work to them.
List your favorite places and we will make a list and next year decide where to have our first gathering.
Todd is working on bumper stickers and decals. I am sure we will have tee shirts and hats so keep watch to see us grow.
Eunice
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Suggestions

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:04 am

:) I'd suggest the Ludlum property in Southern Oregon, right over the California border, slightly inland, and on the confluence of a beautiful run of waters. Another suggestion is the Trinity River Farm (produce place on Hwy 96) that could be rented for a small group private gathering. Thanks, and I'll keep thinking about spots for gatherings in our 'area'.

Joanie

P.S. Thanks so much for the TJ mug! :D
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby emiller » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:41 am

Some where near the Smith River would be nice. Or even near Grants Pass, OR, wow I like those Jet Boats :twisted: :thumbsup:
emiller
Donating Member

Postby dguff » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:09 am

I think it should be somewhere in the Great State of Jefferson, possibly near Jacksonville, Ashland, Grant's Pass or Medford if inland or somewhere on the Southern Oregon coast.

Jerome :thumbsup:
Jerome

2008 Guffman
dguff
Platinum Donating Member

gatherings

Postby Eunice » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:26 am

This is what I am leaning toward. :thumbsup:
I really like the idea of #1 Alfred Loeb park Brookings Or (101)
#2 Panther Flat Gasquet Ca (199)
#3 Medford, Grants Pass, Crater Lake area (I-5)
All of these areas are central Jefferson State and cover all main highways.
The kite festival in Crescent City is held in late Aug or early Sept. I am trying to find out for 2008. If Sept then I vote for Panther Flat in Sept.
I am looking at festivals, events in all these areas to see if there is anything that we would like to attend. :thinking:

There is the DAM gathering in May at Lake Shasta also.
Eunice :D
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Madame Director

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:51 am

Dear Eunice,

Have a great weekend and hopefully you've had a chance to check your PM file. Another area to explore would be BLM Campgrounds in the Southern Part of Oregon (close to the coastal area) near the tiny "country" towns of Sixes and Elk River where you can reserve a group site.
Thanks for all your planning and efforts to promote this Great State of J.

:lol: Joanie
TDN
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Gathering

Postby Oregonian » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:49 pm

I saw on the camping pics that someone was camping at the Castle Crags just off I-5, south of Dunsmuir Ca, and that sounded like it would be a great summer gathering. :)

Comments :QM
The love of teardrops brings people together

where have you gone if you haven't left
Oregonian
Teardrop Master

Re: Gathering

Postby grant whipp » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:37 am

Oregonian wrote:I saw on the camping pics that someone was camping at the Castle Crags just off I-5, south of Dunsmuir Ca, and that sounded like it would be a great summer gathering. :)

Comments :QM

There's a sign at the entrance to the campgrounds that says the area is frequented by bears and rattlesnakes ... :shock: ... and you'd be well advised to believe it ... ;) ...! If you can pick your site well away from the fish-cleaning stations, pack your food away properly, and can manage to co-exist with the snakes (usually in the rocks above the campgrounds, but ... :thinking: ...), it is a beautiful place to camp and hike and fish. The State Park might be a bit of a challenge to get a group into, but one of these days I need to get up there to scout out some private and county 'grounds ...

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Castle Crags

Postby Oregonian » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:15 pm

OK Grant, I get your point. :DOH2: I have never been there but it is close for most JSC people to go for a weekend. I surrender. Will have to find another place and this time go to see it and read Instructions :D
Bruce JSC
The love of teardrops brings people together

where have you gone if you haven't left
Oregonian
Teardrop Master

Postby Eunice » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:05 am

I want to check out the Alfred Loeb State Park by Brookings. I hear great things about it. I would like to do it before June. At our first gathering we will have a discussion about gatherings and plan one for Sept or whenever we decide the 2nd official one will be.
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice

Return to Suggest a Gathering