Minnesota gathering

Anywhere in the country is fine. Where do you want to camp?

Postby TLC » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:31 pm

Hi All:
I'm in SE WI and might be able to make the Whitewater gathering. I'll check with the boss and see if she'll let me out. I'm well behaved too, if kept on a short leash. I'm also attending ALL of the mentioned WI gatherings.
Tom
I can drink all day.....provided I don't start till 11PM
TLC
The 300 Club

Postby Betsey » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:15 pm

TLC wrote:I'm in SE WI and might be able to make the Whitewater gathering. I'm well behaved too, if kept on a short leash.

Well Tom, seeing as you have an affinity for "raging rivers" and Whitewater has a river running through it (which was the source of the flooding), you'd better camp next to us...I think we still have the "harness" we used to use on the kids when we had them on my dad's big boat up at Lake of the Woods...kept them on a short leash and from going over the side... :lol:

Sorry...I just couldn't resist...I'll go put myself in the corner now... :(

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Claw » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:22 pm

Am I reading this right Whitewater April 11?
I may be up for this but I only attend gatherings with proper names! Whitewater Whiteoutt sounds like snow 8) Anyone have an almanac?
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby rainman0 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:27 pm

The weekend of the 12th of April for Whitewater doesn't work for us.
Is that date in stone or a suggestion? We sure would like to go. The next weekend would work.
We understand dates don't work for everyone, but it's worth a try.
We will start preparing for May 31st, if we have someone coming.
Betsy, we were at Montello the first year. What were you in? We were in a tear with a white jeep.
Toby and Sue
The Tearible Two
rainman0
Teardrop Master

Postby Betsey » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:45 pm

The weekend of the 19th doesn't work for us due to a prior committment and, of course, the following week is CNTL II....BUT if I can switch a dinner I'm doing to the 18th, we could make it out on Saturday and Sunday, the 19th & 20th...I'll have to see...

I think May 31 is a go for us.

Toby, I remember another tear at Montello...we were the 2 Camp-Inn teardrops - one wood sided and one aluminum parked side-by-side. You probably would have met my husband, Craig, and Cary, his business partner. They got out and made the rounds visiting with everyone. I was a bit under the weather (migraine) and stuck more to the tear.

Jim, how about Whitewater Washout (for the flood) or Wipeout (In honor of Tom...oops, there I go again...I know, back to the corner..... :(

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Claw » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:50 pm

rainman0
Maybe consider a drive across WI for the Cooler Near the Lake II at Kohler-Andrae State Park in Sheboygan, April 25-27

May 31 might work for me. Pine City MN is about a 8 hour drive from N IL I might have to use the Camp Inn Campground to break up an after work Friday night drive.
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby Claw » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:52 pm

Betsey wrote:
Jim, how about Whitewater Washout (for the flood) or Wipeout (In honor of Tom...oops, there I go again...I know, back to the corner..... :(

Betsey 8)

Wipeout :thumbsup:
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby rainman0 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:08 pm

Betsey,
Wondering now if we were there the first or second year. :thinking:
There was only one other tear there when we were there.
Toby and Sue
The Tearible Two
rainman0
Teardrop Master

whitewater wipe out

Postby kayaklover » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:10 pm

Betsey,
I think we need some t-shirts made with a teardropper doing a pirouette over a river (wearing a Minden ITG shirt).
:lol: :lol:
Lets all hope for low water, maybe a life vest with a short leash will work for Tom.
Lori
Co-Director
St. Croix Tearjerkers
kayaklover
Teardrop Master

Postby Betsey » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:34 pm

rainman0 wrote:Betsey,
Wondering now if we were there the first or second year. :thinking:
There was only one other tear there when we were there.

Well, the first one wasn't called the Midwest Vintage Trailer Rally...it was something like the Shasta Rally. When I look at the website:

http://n2vintage.tripod.com/ )

it goes back to 2004 and the photos of that year show several teardrops. I was thinking it was more like September 2002 or 2003 when we went. Not sure if they had one or two rallies before it switched to Midwest Vintage Trailer Rally. I know we have pics of it but they have been archived to a CD and I'm not sure where that is at the moment. Craig said he didn't remember any other teardrops there when we went, but I thought one arrived on Saturday afternoon. And he also thought Cary went again the second year but we couldn't due to a conflict. If that is so, perhaps it was Cary's tear you saw. Do you remember what it and/or the owner looked like? Believe me, if you met Cary, you would not forget him (and I don't mean that in a bad way, so don't anyone start anything!)

Boy, I must be getting old. Usually, I'm the one who remembers all the details! :lol:

kayaklover wrote:Betsey,
I think we need some t-shirts made with a teardropper doing a pirouette over a river (wearing a Minden ITG shirt).
:lol: :lol:
Lets all hope for low water, maybe a life vest with a short leash will work for Tom.

Oh, ya! Dontcha' know! Maybe he would do a re-enactment (sans the injury), so we could all appreciate the complexity and gracefulness of the dance. Afterall, I was working in the office, not even 10ft away when he demonstrated his talents the first time, so I missed the whole thing.

I know, I know, I'm gonna be in the corner for a long time for this one.... :( :(

You know we love you, Tom! :lol:

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

whitewater wipe out

Postby kayaklover » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:31 pm

For the re-enactment (sans-injury of course) we could run a safety wire and pad the rocks. We could call in a dance coach/stuntman.

See you in the corner Betsey :(
Lori
Co-Director
St. Croix Tearjerkers
kayaklover
Teardrop Master

Postby TLC » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:38 pm

I'm at a loss for words. I can't believe this attack on a poor injured old man. Why don't you just kick my cane out from under me too! You women are in for it now.
Poor ol Tom
I can drink all day.....provided I don't start till 11PM
TLC
The 300 Club

Postby Betsey » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:43 am

TLC wrote:Why don't you just kick my cane out from under me too!

A cane? You have a cane???? What about a top hat? I knew it! You truly are the "Song and Dance Man!"

Ok, start bringing me my meals here in the corner.... :roll:

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby rainman0 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:35 am

Betsey,
If you look at 2004 in Montello, the only other teardrop that was there when we were was a guy toward the bottom with a lot of stuff on his trailer. It is all wood, and he had a pt cruiser then. Can't remember his name. Older fellow. But, he is the only one I remember, so we must have been there before 2004 also.
If people are coming on the May 31st- June 1st group, please let me know asap so I know if I need to clear more land. Thanks.
Toby and Sue
The Tearible Two
rainman0
Teardrop Master

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:05 pm

I'm not sure I can get the time off yet for either gathering. My normal days off are Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. This is great if I want to miss the crowds but if I want to get together with my normal friends then it is more difficult.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Suggest a Gathering