Wisconsin's Black River State Forest Camping Trip

Anywhere in the country is fine. Where do you want to camp?

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:28 pm

rainman0 wrote:Tim,
I think Sue and I could do that.
I liked when you said Banning or Jay Cooke, but certainly understand going somewhere central for everyone. We can't always camp a few miles away. :lol:
So, count us in. :thumbsup:
How is Baron doing?

Toby and Sue. Baron is doing great! He misses his second Grandparents (but it's hard to consider a couple so young grandparents)!

One of the reasons I suggested parks near you was I figured that since you were retired that you would be the ones most likely to come, considering the days that I'm suggesting. I'm very suprised by the interest in camping on my days off (Sunday and Monday) by everyone.

Since many of the Pine City Gang are expressing interest, I figured it would only be fair to move it to a location that is fairer for everyone.

I still plan on eventually hitting a park up by you this year because of all the great Minnesota parks just north of the Twin Cities.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:37 pm

cowboy63645 wrote:wish I was closer, I would come up!! havent even started on the trailer yet, but I would bring the tent and cooler up!!

I camped for the first time with teardroppers last weekend even though my trailer wasn't campable yet. I used a tent and they still treated me like one of the gang! I've never met a better (or funner) bunch of people, that is why I'm trying to get a camping trip organized where everyone can join if they want. So don't worry about not having a trailer. Everyone is welcome no matter what. Besides, Dianne and Jim both drove about 8 hours to be with us last weekend and that's about how far away you are.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:50 pm

OK here is the list of the latest that are interested in camping the night of the July 20th and 21st (this is Sunday and Monday nights) and where they want to camp:

Jim - South of the Twin Cities (but I haven't heard if he is willing to camp closer at Black River Wisconsin)
Dianne and dogs - Wisconsin
Buzz - Anywhere
Tim and Baron - Black River (but willing to go almost anywhere)
Toby and Sue - Black River (but willing to go to Banning or Jay Cooke)

Anybody else that is interested in good company and good fun please post to this thread and let us know what you think. Anybody is welcome because we are always open to meeting new friends (besides thay are public camgrounds and we can't say no! :lol:)
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby Betsey » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:47 pm

TPMcGinty wrote:OK here is the list of the latest that are interested in camping the night of the July 20th and 21st (this is Sunday and Monday nights) and where they want to camp:

Jim - South of the Twin Cities (but I haven't heard if he is willing to camp closer at Black River Wisconsin)
Buzz - Anywhere

Anybody else that is interested in good company and good fun please post to this thread and let us know what you think. Anybody is welcome because we are always open to meeting new friends (besides thay are public camgrounds and we can't say no! :lol:)

Tim,

Add us to the list, we will go pretty much anywhere, too. BRF is only 27 miles from us and it is a very nice area for camping. Canoeing is great, so is hiking and although I haven't biked there, our son has, with Scouts and they had a good time. There is also scuba diving there at Lake Wazee, which is an old quarry where they mined taconite. The water is clear and it is a very popular diving spot. The lake is 355 feet deep and you can stand on the shore and see down about 40-50 feet, which means you can see fish and plants. There are lots of other interesting things to do in the area.

Today was the last day of school with students and now I can start making my summer plans....let's go camping!

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:08 pm

Betsey wrote:
Tim,

Add us to the list, we will go pretty much anywhere, too. BRF is only 27 miles from us and it is a very nice area for camping. Canoeing is great, so is hiking and although I haven't biked there, our son has, with Scouts and they had a good time. There is also scuba diving there at Lake Wazee, which is an old quarry where they mined taconite. The water is clear and it is a very popular diving spot. The lake is 355 feet deep and you can stand on the shore and see down about 40-50 feet, which means you can see fish and plants. There are lots of other interesting things to do in the area.

Today was the last day of school with students and now I can start making my summer plans....let's go camping!

Betsey 8)

Betsey, I will add you to the list. Have you camped at the campgrounds at Black River? They have three of them with only one reservable. I was thinking about going to one of the more primative sites that aren't reservable. What do you think?
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:12 pm

OK here is the list of the latest and greatest that are interested in camping the night of the July 20th and 21st (this is Sunday and Monday nights) and where they want to camp:

Buzz - Anywhere
Betsey and Craig - Black River

Anybody else that is interested in good company and good fun please post to this thread and let us know what you think. Anybody is welcome because we are always open to meeting new friends (besides thay are public camgrounds and we can't say no! )

Once we finally decide on the campground should we add a link to the Midwest and North Central sections of this forum to make more people aware of this trip? How many people do we want?
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby Claw » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:33 pm

You know Tim now you have to get that rig campable. We won't let off with just a tent this time :lol:

I am up for most anything. East and south of the twin cities just makes the drive less demanding. I should be able to get a Monday off with a decent lead time. Black River is not a bad drive.

i'll bring some TP for the new TD
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:58 pm

I will have my mean dog Baron tied to my tear the entire time I'm camping so you will be unable to TP my trailer. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! :twisted:
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby cs_whypt2 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:19 pm

TPMcGinty wrote:I will have my mean dog Baron tied to my tear the entire time I'm camping so you will be unable to TP my trailer. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! :twisted:

Baron will just pull the trailer over to Besty.
:lol:

Dianne
:wine:
cs_whypt2
Donating Member

Postby Claw » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:02 pm

Maybe I should also bring a can of tennis balls :lol:
JIM

Think about It!
Claw
500 Club

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:14 pm

Claw wrote:Maybe I should also bring a can of tennis balls :lol:

HEY! Tennis balls are no fair! :lol:
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby Betsey » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:12 pm

cs_whypt2 wrote:Baron will just pull the trailer over to Besty. :lol:
Dianne

Where I will be waiting with chicken enchiladas in the DO.... :twisted:

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:42 pm

Betsey wrote:
cs_whypt2 wrote:Baron will just pull the trailer over to Besty. :lol:
Dianne

Where I will be waiting with chicken enchiladas in the DO.... :twisted:

Betsey 8)

No fair! He gets chicken enchiladas and I get TP! :cry:
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:45 pm

Here is the latest camper list:

Jim - South or East of the Twin Cities (looks like Black River is OK)
Buzz - Anywhere
Betsey and Craig - Black River

So I guess it is going to be Black River. So has anyone camped at any of the Black River campgrounds before? Which one of the three campgounds do you think we should visit?
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby Betsey » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:33 am

It's been awhile since we've camped there...actually it was pre-teardrop. Our kids have camped a lot at Pigeon Creek, but that's non-reservable. Only Castle Mound can be reserved.

We will be heading up that way later today or tomorrow morning. I will check out the possibilities and post what I find out.

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Suggest a Gathering