PirateLand - Myrtle Beach, SC - July 25 - Aug 1, 2009

Anywhere in the country is fine. Where do you want to camp?

PirateLand - Myrtle Beach, SC - July 25 - Aug 1, 2009

Postby dmckruit » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:34 am

Making reservations this week for Pirateland in Myrtle Beach, SC for the week of July 25 through August 1, 2009.

http://www.pirateland.com/
dmckruit
The 300 Club

Postby lisasweetie » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:42 am

$58 to $62 a night, are you serious? I food included, alcohol????? How in the world can they charge that much for camping space??????
Lisa,

ImageImage
lisasweetie
Teardrop Master

Postby dmckruit » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:35 am

I don't know. I have never been there. Everybody that I know where I live tell me this is the place to go. The two times I have been in Myrtle Beach, I stayed at somebody's house.
dmckruit
The 300 Club

Postby Mike Angeles » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:42 am

Looking at their site, they do offer a lot of amenities.....
Image Image

tact /takt/ –noun
1. a keen sense of what to say or do to avoid giving offense; including the ability to speak or act without offending.
2. a keen sense of what is appropriate, tasteful, or aesthetically pleasing; taste;
Mike Angeles
Teardrop Master

Myrtle Beach State Park

Postby Alfred » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:37 pm

No offense to Pirate Land, which does have a lot of amenities, but Myrtle Beach State Park is right next door and it is a wonderful park. Clean bathrooms/showers, playground area in the campground for the kids, nice general store, education center, fishing pier, and you are right next to a private section of Myrtle Beach, camping right near the water. All this at State Park rates. I highly recommend it. Even if you go to Pirate Land, take a side trip to the state park and have a look.

Myrtle Beach State Park:
http://southcarolinaparks.com/park-find ... k/795.aspx

Al in Asheville :thumbsup:
4 minute video of our build - A 5x8 Camper for a family of 5 - http://youtu.be/CYGTlkfpIhY
How we built a 5x8 camper for a family of 5, using a utility trailer with an incorporated bunk bed for the kids.
From plain trailer to campground!

ImageImageImage
Also - More pictures here: http://flic.kr/ps/225piC
Alfred
Silver Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:42 pm

We checked out the state park when we were there at Christmas. It's a nice park, but the beach is quite a hike from the campground.

The bathrooms seemed close enough...

But they don't allow alcoholic beverages, so if your thinking about having a beer with dinner, forget it.

We stayed at the Ocean Lakes Family Campground, and while it's not as nice as a state park, we were right on the beach, and we could have a beer with dinner!

Mike...

P.S. I'd love to see some photos of Pirateland...

The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby dmckruit » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:31 am

Reservations for Pirateland have been made for several months now. I'm going with my brothers family who has a 28' trailer. They guaranteed we would have adjoining spaces, but they won't tell us where we will be until we check in. So we don't know if we are in the beach or the lake section.

Hoping to have the trailer done before the end of June so that I can take a few trial runs before the big trip.
dmckruit
The 300 Club

Postby dmckruit » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:45 am

Leaving tonight for Pirateland in Myrtle Beach. We don't know where we wil be yet. Got trailer done to where it is campable. Haven't had time to post pics yet.
dmckruit
The 300 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:34 am

dmckruit wrote:Leaving tonight for Pirateland in Myrtle Beach. We don't know where we wil be yet. Got trailer done to where it is campable. Haven't had time to post pics yet.

:twisted: :pictures: :pictures: :pictures:

Have a really good time. Sure wish we could join you. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby dmckruit » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:50 am

Had a good time at Pirateland. Campground was large (600-800 units). Campground is divided into two sections: a wooded area and a beach area seperated by two ponds.

The wooded area is where we stayed. Each site came with a canopy of trees and a picnic table. Full hookups (electric, water, sewer, and cable) at each site. Bathhouses were close by and provided hot showers.

The beach area campgrounds came with a picnic table and a picnic shelter area. These spaces were larger than those in the wooded area. You could notice a big difference going from the wooded area to the beach area. The beach area was definately a lot breezier than the wooded area, but had direct sun all day.

Campground had a pool, a kiddie pool, a lazy river and an indoor pool. They also had a minigolf course ($5), a large store, a concession and ice cream stand, and a laundromat.

The only thing I didn't like about the campground was that they rented out golf carts to people by the day ($50) or by the week ($350). It seemed everyone had one, and they were everywhere. They even had a golf cart cruise by the beach everynight at ten. I just found them annoying.

Here's a few photos of my campsite:

Most of the people there where from up North. When we got there, we found that there were about 80 people from our home town there for the week. Another surprising thing was that about 90% of the people there were from Quebec Canada. They must shut down for vacation up there or something.

We did try to stop at the Myrtle Beach State Park to look at the facilities there. The park is about 1/2 mile up the road from the campground. However, when we got to the gate, we found there was a $4 admission fee per person. So we turned around and went back.
dmckruit
The 300 Club

Return to Suggest a Gathering