Page 3 of 3

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:34 pm
by SandyD
By enhanced driver's license, I believe Eric meant the US passport card that US Citizens can carry to cross the Canadian or Mexican boarders by car. It's issued in addition to the traditional passport that you need to travel by air and looks like a driver's license but it's a passport card for car or walk boarder crossings.

I have my paperwork all printed out ~ just have to get the darn picture and send it in with the $$$$$$ of course to have this convenience for crossing the boarder without carrying my traditional passport.


PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:36 am
by BKinGA
OIC, thanks Sandy

Tear on the beach

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:09 pm
by ssrjim
I enjoyed our time on the beach in Juneau.


PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:49 pm
by traveler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:46 pm
by ssrjim
traveler wrote:Hello SSRJIM, do you happen to know what SSR on those chevrolet cars and pick-up's mean?? :thinking: Have asked the salesmen at our local dealer and they do not have any idea. :hammerhead: I also have a friend that just bought a used one and would like to to know. I know this doesn't have anything to do with Alaskan trips, but just wanting to know. Thanks
Bruce :)

Super Sport Roadster

Here is a great forum for the SSR:

Are there still folks hoping to make this trip?

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:35 pm
by MargaretK
My goal is for next summer. I have wanted to drive/camp my way to AK since I was in college. I bought my teardrop this spring & am planning to make short trips this summer to learn what I am doing, then purchase a decent tow vehicle and head for AK next year. My mother and husband would be much happier if I join a group that is headed that way. Is anyone else still serious about this?

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:54 am
by Shadow Catcher
Washington, Michigan, New York and Vermont have an enhanced drivers license that costs you between 15 and 20$ extra and saves you some over buying a passport or passport card. Good only for getting back from Canada, Mexico the Caribbean and Bermuda.