Anyone interested in a SF Bay Area Campout?

Anywhere in the country is fine. Where do you want to camp?

Anyone interested in a SF Bay Area Campout?

Postby sftiggee » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:13 pm

Hey,

I know the next big NorCal campout, besides he vintage vacations one in Tahoe in August, is Cam's cowpatty campout in October. I was wondering if anyone wanted to get together before then somewhere, ANYWHERE within 4 hours of San Francisco before then.

If so, let me know and we'll start planning! :)

Jolene
Jolene, Luke, Jackson, Lilianne, and Bandit
2006 Camp-Inn Raindrop Ultra
2007 Dodge Magnum RT
sftiggee
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:21 am

How fast do you drive? :lol:
I know some great spots up here in the Redwoods, just one problem...
I gotta have my trailer first.
Someday, after it's done, I plan to do a nice annual gathering up here in the Redwoods. I'm thinking about calling it Teardrops In The Redwoods, how original it that? :D
You could make it up here in four hours if you drove around 80mph or so. :lol:
I do know of one campground off of Highway 101 and just a bit East on Highway 36 that can be rented, so us teardroppers would have the run of the place. It sets in a beautiful Ancient Redwood grove along the Van Duzen River. There are tons of great places to hold a gathering in the Redwoods up here, but that's the only place I know of that allows for private parties. It's called Pamplin Grove.
Gimmie about two years...

Postby dmb90260 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:27 pm

It is different sort of gathering but it is close to SF. I will be in my Tear at a Dog Show, Santa Clara County Fairgounds in San Jose. Feb 19-20-21. The next weekend the dogs and I will be at an Earthdog Test in Woodland, CA. Earthdog sounds weird but my guys love and that is what I got the Tear for. :dancing Find out more than you want about Earthdog at my dog's site http://duffyscavern.org/. There are even a couple teardrop shots linked at the bottom of the page.
Dennis
Join the Kenskill Karavan at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kenskill_karavan/
Real Men cook with Black Iron
The Buzz In the Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Postby tupelosue » Mon May 09, 2005 8:50 pm

Hi everyone! i've been reading the forum for a few weeks, and i just bought my own teardrop!!!! so now i've joined the forum. i live in napa, so will be looking fprward to no. cal trips. i'm thinking i might head up humboldt way over memorial wknd, hoping to do some kayakng up there.

dean in eureka, any suggestions?? 8)
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour!

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Postby dmb90260 » Mon May 09, 2005 11:13 pm

Sorry, I can't make that one. I am headed to the Turner OR area next weekend and then back through Hines, OR. That is where my Teardrop came from. It is a Freedom Teardrop made by Merlin in Hines http://www.freedomteardrop.com/

I may have another trip to the Portland area in the last weekend of July to make the Portland Brewfest, a fine gathering of the many handcrafted beers in the US. It just happens that my nephew is the head brewer at Northcoast Brewing in Ft. Bragg, CA. He will be coming along with me.
http://northcoastbrewing.com/
For my money, Red Seal is the best ale around. Yes, I am prejudiced when it comes to craft brews.
Anyone in the Portland area should look us up, I think there is an RV park close to the Fest area and I hope to be there for all four days. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Slainte
Dennis
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Guest » Tue May 10, 2005 3:58 am

Hey tupelosue,
Welcome to the forum!!!
Are you talking sea kayak or river kayak?
If you are talking river kayaking and you are experienced, I'd recommend coming up this way, then head over 299 into Trinity County and put in on the Trinity River. The Feds are releasing extreme amounts of water out of the dam right now in an attempt to scour the spawning beds for the salmon. Flows are way up and you need to be careful. I'm not sure how long the huge flow rates are going to be happening though...
If you're talking sea kayaking, I like the area just north of Trinidad, around Patrick's Point.
I won't be here that weekend, I'll be camping with my kids. (The start of our farwell tour to tent camping, our last summer in a tent)
I am currently working on doing a gathering in the redwoods up here for the summer of 2006. I'll be doing an overnighter at Pamplin Grove with my kids and girlfriend on the 25th of this month. My girlfriend teaches school out near this campground and she has it rented out that day for a class activity. Technically, she has rights to the place until 10:00 AM the following morning, so I'll scope the place out to see how many teardrops the place can accommodate. It's funny... I've lived here my whole life and I've camped there several times, but I couldn't tell you right now how many teardrops the place will hold. I also have two other places in mind and I'll be looking at them in early June. I plan to make a formal announcement around August. I think a gathering up here in the redwoods could become a pretty big event.
Kevin and Jerome agree that it's a darned good idea and have agreed to help. We'll be putting our heads together real soon on this matter. Stay tuned... :thumbsup:

Postby Rob » Tue May 10, 2005 8:56 am

I'll be up for a North Bay gathering soon. I pick up my Hunter June 3rd. I CAN'T WAIT! :CC In the meantime, I just have to whet my appetite drooling on this board reading about others having fun in their TD. Is there going to be a Bob's IADY this year? I thought I heard at the Dam Gathering this might be the last year.

Dennis--Tell your nephew he makes some good brew. :beer: We are frequenters of Fort Bragg and usually tent at MacKerricher State Park, like this coming weekend. Last year we took a tour of North Coast Brewing then went across the street for a sampler. I wanted to have another sampler, but would have had trouble finding the door. :FNP

Rob
Rob
:wine:

:peace:
Rob
500 Club

Postby dmb90260 » Wed May 11, 2005 5:53 pm

Rob wrote:Dennis--Tell your nephew he makes some good brew. :beer: We are frequenters of Fort Bragg and usually tent at MacKerricher State Park, like this coming weekend. Last year we took a tour of North Coast Brewing then went across the street for a sampler. I wanted to have another sampler, but would have had trouble finding the door. :FNP

Next time ask for Pat, he will be the tallest person there. Tell him I sent you and you need special attention. Look for a very long guy with blonde hair and a small beard. Take a bottle of Old Rasputin home to have just before going to bed. You will sleep very well.
Slainte
Dennis
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Return to Suggest a Gathering