The OLD 2bit Woodlands that never was...

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby 2bits » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:45 pm

Sandy, You are hillarious! (and oh so true LOL)

Tom, You're on! I think it might have gotten lost at the top of the message, but I am hoping to do New years eve, we'll see if it pans out and I'll post an event thread as things get closer!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby razorback » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:59 pm

Wow
Sunday morning at LCG you and I talked about the new land you were going to make an offer on. I could see the excitement in your eyes.
Congrats on getting the offer accepted.
I like your overall plan.
Larry
razorback
Super Lifetime Member

Postby 2bits » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:49 pm

Thank you Larry, Yes, I had just seen the place for the first time on my drive out to LCG, and I was very excited to find it!

I plan to be debt free within 5 years, and will be living off the land as much as I can. I am not overly "green" or anything, I just like the idea of self sufficiency. Thanks again!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby woodsmoke » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:02 pm

Right on, Thomas. I really like the looks of your land and the sound of your plans. Thanks for sharing.

Oh, by the way, about January or February, when it gets cold way up north in the Arkansas ozarks, there are a bunch of hillbillies that comes down to my place to squat for the winter. It wouldn't be too bad, but they bring along their mules and donkeys, and chickens, and guineas. Man oh man, if you want to hear something loud try an upset guinea - probably right in there with spinernut's train horn, and they don't know when to stop. Anyways, I wus a gonna ask if I could give them your address - It should be warmer there than at my place. They usually leave about April. Just let me know. :D
woodsmoke
Teardrop Master

Congratulations!

Postby Alfred » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:28 pm

Congratulations, Thomas!

I read somewhere awhile back that too many people live in quiet desperation, not knowing what they want out of life, just a vague awareness that where they are isn't it.

I think it is awesome that you figured out what you wanted, then you developed and implemented an objective plan to achieve it! And what a cool dream to realize! The property looks great!

Congratulations! I think there's a lot of happy camping in the future at the woodlands!

AL :thumbsup:
4 minute video of our build - A 5x8 Camper for a family of 5 - http://youtu.be/CYGTlkfpIhY
How we built a 5x8 camper for a family of 5, using a utility trailer with an incorporated bunk bed for the kids.
From plain trailer to campground!

ImageImageImage
Also - More pictures here: http://flic.kr/ps/225piC
Alfred
Silver Donating Member

Re: Congratulations!

Postby WarPony » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:10 pm

Alfred wrote:I read somewhere awhile back that too many people live in quiet desperation, not knowing what they want out of life, just a vague awareness that where they are, isn't it.

I like that, Al........ :thinking:

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:47 pm

Oh yeah, Instant FB "status"... That was a great one there...

It has been a long road as it has been for most people. When I was young, I always knew exactly who I was and what I wanted. I was a bass player, and I was gonna be a rock star! At 30, and after 15 years, the dream became a pain in the ass, so I hung it up. I searched for 10 long years trying to find my identity, and it came to me to turn back to what I loved when I was young, before the first dream and there it was... The rest is history being written today :)
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:54 pm

congrats Thomas.
BTW, how is it that everything is so pretty and green?

I know you are very excited about this big move. You will LOVE the acreage.
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:19 pm

Coca Cola Teardrop wrote:congrats Thomas.
BTW, how is it that everything is so pretty and green?

I know you are very excited about this big move. You will LOVE the acreage.

I don't know, I am guessing that it is because it is 3 miles from the lake, and is sandy dirt all over, I found two fossils just walking by, and is next to a creek too, so it gets pretty good water coverage. I liked that it wasn't all dried out too!

Hope to see you guys there sometime! My dream is a regular gathering on the calendar!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby jdarkoregon » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:37 pm

Great plan, the best stress reducer is NO debt,

The easy life is headed your way.

Work the plan all the way to the end

John
Innovation is essential
The world can be better
ImageImage
jdarkoregon
Donating Member

Postby forestfrog » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:39 am

Congratulations on the new homestead!! It's exciting to be able to personalize a place exactly how you want it...keep the pictures coming!
:applause: :thumbsup:
Kristi
~*~Stand still and be awed by Nature...~*~
forestfrog
Teardrop Master

Postby 2bits » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:37 pm

Thank you Kristi! I will definitely post more once I start doing stuff to it.

It is actually a little hard with this place because I have so much space to put my buildings/shops I will need to be there a little bit to figure out where I want everything to go. That's a good problem to have though.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby honeask » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:29 pm

Hmmmm, a word of advice? Put your house where you want it, keeping in mind that it needs to be easy enough for people (friends) and deliveries and 911 can get to you. The further off the road you go the more work you are gonna have making a driveway to your house. It looks like you don't need to go so far in to get your privacy. When you figure out the house placement then you can figure out where to put the other buildings cause I would think you would want them sorta close to the house so you can keep an eye on things. We had some acreage for about 10 years and when we were not there, it was amazing what got up and walked away. :cry: :x :cry: . You are gonna have some good times there, I just know it. Might even practice the guitar.
Sandy

We're not here for a long time, just here for a good time.
The stars at night are big and bright, (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS.
honeask
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:40 pm

Well the homesire is already set since there was a mobile home there once before, the septic and water lines run to a specific area, but I like that spot, so that is good. deciding how to orient the woodshop, autoshop, sheds and firepit is the task at hand!

Yes, it is also on my list to learn some campfire songs. I'm a great bass player and a passable guitar player but haven't learned any good stuff for the campfire enviornment but I really do want to, so it WILL be done! :)
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby honeask » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:18 pm

Don't put yourself under any pressure. I have found that guitar players just like to play...with anybody, just as long as they get to play. IMHO.
Sandy

We're not here for a long time, just here for a good time.
The stars at night are big and bright, (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS.
honeask
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to South Central