Beavers Bend Pot Luck

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Re: Beavers Bend Pot Luck

Postby ARKPAT » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:35 pm

'Waffle Dogs On !!!'
:D :FNP

I will do some DO Apple Cobbler and maybe a Cherry one also. ;) I have a 18" Lodge griddle that I will bring for breakfast or other meals if needed :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby 2bits » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:17 pm

aprazr56 wrote:Hot Dang.....WE are MORE than ready. We are making the 'LIST' for food purchase on Monday next week. Think we will do a desert in the dutch oven and 'something' for the pot luck. Do we need a 'THEME' for the pot luck ??? (ie: Mexican, Italian, American, etc.) Will probably do some stuffed jalapenos, as well.

I will be Trout fishing (as usual) while there and can always cook some of them for those who want them (any one ?????) I just need to know so I can bring the small grill that holds them.

Get this party STARTED guys/gals...............waiting to hear from ALL of you ~

'Blessings'
Gregg & Cheri

'Waffle Dogs On !!!' :twisted:

Who wouldn't love some FRESH-as-it-gets Trout!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby annalbs » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:26 pm

I'll do some greenbeans
annalbs
Teardrop Master

Postby caseydog » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:03 pm

Okay, I have three grills and two smokers. I can bring any one of them, but not more than one. I am willing to bring the WSM (what I brought to Ray Roberts), and a nice pork butt, which leaves a whole rack for another big piece of meat, if somebody wants to fill that rack with meat.

Otherwise, I'll bring one of my grills and cook some chicken legs. Grilled, not smoked. The grilled ones have always been a big hit. The smoked ones I did at LCGVI -- not so much. If I do chicken legs, I will go back to the old ways.

I can fit a brisket, a turkey, a pork but, or a couple of rib racks on the second shelf of the WSM, if I bring it, but I'm not bringing it unless I can fill it with meat.

Or, I can do some MOINK balls on the mini-WSM, which got rave reviews at LCG and the NYE party.

I'm flexible.

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:54 pm

caseydog wrote:Okay, I have three grills and two smokers. I can bring any one of them, but not more than one. I am willing to bring the WSM (what I brought to Ray Roberts), and a nice pork butt, which leaves a whole rack for another big piece of meat, if somebody wants to fill that rack with meat.

Otherwise, I'll bring one of my grills and cook some chicken legs. Grilled, not smoked. The grilled ones have always been a big hit. The smoked ones I did at LCGVI -- not so much. If I do chicken legs, I will go back to the old ways.

I can fit a brisket, a turkey, a pork but, or a couple of rib racks on the second shelf of the WSM, if I bring it, but I'm not bringing it unless I can fill it with meat.

Or, I can do some MOINK balls on the mini-WSM, which got rave reviews at LCG and the NYE party.

I'm flexible.

CD

Too many options... I vote you decide because it's all goooooood
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby aprazr56 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:16 pm

caseydog wrote:Okay, I have three grills and two smokers. I can bring any one of them, but not more than one. I am willing to bring the WSM (what I brought to Ray Roberts), and a nice pork butt, which leaves a whole rack for another big piece of meat, if somebody wants to fill that rack with meat.

I'm flexible.

CD

If you still have room on the smoker we will bring the fixin's for my famous 'Hollywood heart attack' (ie: Pork loin wrapped in sausage then wrapped in a bacon 'web') These usually do really well on the smoker.....so let us know & I will get the grub ready.

'Blessings'
Gregg & Cheri

'Waffle dogs on !! ' :twisted:
aprazr56
Teardrop Master

Postby Loader » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:43 am

We'll bring some cole slaw and a Greek tomato and cucumber salad as well as a yet to be determined dessert.
Last edited by Loader on Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

Blue Yonder Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42611

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby caseydog » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:16 pm

aprazr56 wrote:

I'm flexible.

CD

If you still have room on the smoker we will bring the fixin's for my famous 'Hollywood heart attack' (ie: Pork loin wrapped in sausage then wrapped in a bacon 'web') These usually do really well on the smoker.....so let us know & I will get the grub ready.

'Blessings'
Gregg & Cheri

'Waffle dogs on !! ' :twisted:

That sounds VERY interesting. I'll plan on bringing the the smoker.

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby ARKPAT » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:42 pm

Anyone bringing a fryer / smoker ....... a friend brought over a bunch of rock hard frozen chicken :shock:

If so let me know so I will bring it for cooking if anyone is interested in using it for meals :D

I will get some dry ice to keep it cold until meal prep time ;)

:thumbsup: :wine:

Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:28 pm

Besides Banana Pudding we will be bringing our large smoker and Charles will be smoking at least 1 whole hog (less ribs, fried them for supper tonight). We may have more by Wednesday.

Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:41 pm

Coca Cola Teardrop wrote:Besides Banana Pudding we will be bringing our large smoker and Charles will be smoking at least 1 whole hog (less ribs, fried them for supper tonight). We may have more by Wednesday.

Linda

WOW! :shock:
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby TexasBill » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:29 pm

The Louisa and I will bring A tossed green salad with all the fixings.
Are we having FUN yet?
TexasBill and Louisa
TexasBill
Teardrop Advisor

Postby StPatron » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:20 am

I'll bring something to the potluck dinner, undecided now as to what.

Dewey is suggesting another special cake... we'll see. :lol:
StPatron
Donating Member

Menu

Postby GeoDrop » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:10 am

I compiled a list of what I saw in the thread... so here is a 'menu'. I've been wanting to try and bake some bread in the DO, so I'll add that to the menu. I'll watch the thread for the next day or two and update the menu.

Banana Pudding (LInda & Charles)
Veggie Kabobs (Jef)
Steaks (Tom)
Catfish (Todah)
Enchilda Casserole (Scott & Gerri)
Brisket (Thomas)
Salmon balls (Cindy)
Chocalate Fountain (Cindy)
Potatoes (Pat)
Apple/Cherry Dump Cake (Pat)
Trout? (Gregg)
Greeb beans (Annalbs)
Cole Slaw/T&C Salad (Earl)
Hollywood Heart Attack (Gregg)
Smoked Hog (Linda & Charles)
Tossed Salad w/ fixins (TexasBill)
DO Bread (Matthew)
Smoke Pork Butt (Glen)
Last edited by GeoDrop on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matthew (& Sandi)
The GeoDrop
GeoDrop
Donating Member

Re: Menu

Postby annalbs » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:55 am

GeoDrop wrote:I compiled a list of what I saw in the thread... so here is a 'menu'. I've been wanting to try and bake some bread in the DO, so I'll add that to the menu. I'll watch the thread for the next day or two and update the menu.

Banana Pudding (LInda & Charles)
Veggie Kabobs (Jef)
Steaks (Tom)
Catfish (Todah)
Enchilda Casserole (Scott & Gerri)
Brisket (Thomas)
Salmon balls (Cindy)
Chocalate Fountain (Cindy)
Potatoes (Pat)
Apple/Cherry Dump Cake (Pat)
Trout? (Gregg)
Greeb beans (Annalbs)
Cole Slaw/T&C Salad (Earl)
Hollywood Heart Attack (Gregg)
Smoked Hog (Linda & Charles)
Tossed Salad w/ fixins (TexasBill)
DO Bread (Matthew)

Don't forget Glenn (CD) is doing a pork butt on his smoker.
annalbs
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to South Central