Update!!! Beaver's Bend State Park... Date change

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby ARKPAT » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:03 am

I will send you a check also this Tuesday. Thanks for getting the spots for us. Looking forward to getting more ideas. Pat :D
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby SteveH » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:15 am

Wish we could commit to being there, but because of the distance (7 hour drive) we can't at this time. We are going to try to be there, but don't know now if Joyce can take off.
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:14 pm

There were only 7 spaces left to reserve on March 31, April 1 & 2.
I reserved but also reserved 10 spaces on March 24, 25 &26. So once again we just need to decide which weekend. If it stays as is we only have room for 1 more teardrop. We are allowed to double up IF a pad is long enough for two teardrops. We won't know how long pads are untill we arrive. They sure can make this difficult. They book a year in advance. So.....What do you guys think? We are free either weekend. I need to call them within a couple of days to cancel one of the weekends. Sorry to be so much trouble. They only have 31 rv sites...
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby ARKPAT » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:45 am

I'm not sure about this park but some of the state parks in Arkansas will let you double-up as long as you stay on the hard surface in the space ( Mt. Magazine, AR ) and not blocking the road surface. Always check with the attendent/Ranger Station about this thought before occuping the spot.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:08 am

Pat, we can double up if the pads are long enough. we won't know how long the ones are we will get untill we arrive. For some that is too far to drive to hope to double up. The state parks here in Tx are easier to book with..
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

beavers

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:38 pm

Linda, I like the idea of Mar 31, Apr 1 & 2 and don't know if I will be in a tear or a tent. Most likely the later, since I don't even have a trailer yet! rats! So if I can just pitch a tent in someone's TD site, that might help the situation.

I've never been there myself, so I can't say anything about the pads, etc. Sorry!

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby ARKPAT » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:29 am

We might be able to park the tears sideways on the pad then have some parking room vehicles. I do not know if I will have a tear ready; but I will bring the trailer and throw a tarp on it or put the tent on the trailer ???? HUMM; I have a PVC pipe frame for a temp. car tent that I made many years ago to work the car in weather and a new Harbor Freight Desert Camo tarp to go over it ???? 8)
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Nitetimes » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:59 pm

Not certain how the parks are down that way but the average RV parking area is from 30 - 40' long. A site averages 20x40. So even if you had to park nose to nose and put the tongues side by side I can't imagine 2 tears not fitting in one RV spot. The idea of parking them crosswise is a good one too, probly get 3 to a site that way.
Don't mind me, just tryin to help out a bit
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

The check is in the mail

Postby McTeardrops » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:58 am

Hopefully there will be enough rain before that date so there won't be a burn ban. I'd love to have a campfire. Happy new year! Joanne
Lenny

[email protected]
I've reached the stage, in life, where my foam has more memory than I do!
McTeardrops
The 300 Club

raindance

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:37 pm

I agree... Let's :angel: for rain .... or WARPONY.. let's start a raindance!!! :lol:
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:40 pm

Well I was hoping to hear from more teardroppers about the reservation situation at Bever's Bend. I guess I will keep the reservations for 7 on March 31, April 1st and 2nd. The lady I spoke with said depending on the length of the pads we could double up tears. She said that if we double up and both tears use electricity then both will pay full fees which is $18.00. I will let each of you know when we receive your deposite. I willl pay as soon as we get statement from park.
See you then...
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

yeah

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:50 pm

I figured the mar 31 date would be good, there is another close gathering (cedar hill in Dallas) on mar 17-19

Thanks for all you've done Linda dear!!!

Julie
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby davel » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:37 pm

We were thinking of March 31st too. That will give us a week between Cedar Hill and Beaver's Bend. Doubling up if we have to sounds sort of cozy. :thumbsup: And yes we do need to pray for rain. Last time we were at Cedar Hill about a month ago there wasn't much water left in the lake.
davel
Donating Member

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:58 pm

Hello everyone,
We have filled the 7 spaces for Beaver's Bend. I will call every few days and see if any more spaces have opened up and if so I will reserve and pay for. If anyone wants to double up the park said that is ok as long as we stay on pad. If we double up and both teardrops use electricity then both will have to pay $18 fee. Charles and I won't have room to double up because we will have our teardrop and a motorcycle trailer.
Here is who is planning to attend.

(Coca Cola Teardrop) Charles and Linda Modisette - Lufkin, Texas
(Pat Hopkins) Pat Hopkins - Fort Smith, AR
(davel) Dave and Cindy Lovelace - Ennis, Texas
(Oklahoma Jewel) Julie McDonald - Midwest City, OK
(Kajamelu4) Karol Akerman - Koana, OK
(McTeardrops) Lenny and Joanne McBroome - Texarkana, TX
(Hap) Jim Moore - Greers Ferry, AR
(Madjack) Madjack and Marlene, Central Louisiana (double up)
(Mexican Tear) Kai and Lois - Veracruz Mexico (double up)
Looking forward to seeing Dave and Cindy ,Lenny and Joanne, and Kai and Lois again and meeting the rest of you.
Linda
Last edited by Coca Cola Teardrop on Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:23 pm

Liinda, we have set ourselves a goal to be finished with the Alligator Tear and to be at Beaver's Bend, so count me and the missus(Marlene aka the poor girl) in...also my build partner and some friends will be attending although they plan on gettin' a cabin(sleeping 6 in a 4x8 would be just tooooooo cozy)
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to South Central