Loyd Park -- Joe Pool Lake 9-24 & 9-25, 2010

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby aggie79 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:57 pm

WesGrimes wrote:I can not get my tear ready in time. I still have no doors...
I will be camping in the mother in-laws 5th wheel.
I am bummed about it, but progress on the fiberglass has just been too slow.
It will be nice to see everyone's builds and meet everyone.

Wes,

I'm somewhat in the same boat. My teardrop is not done and I've spent the last 9 days in the bathroom from a stomach virus I caught at work.

Don't have access to a fifth wheel, but we may tent camp Friday night if it is cool enough. (Yes, I am a wimp to the heat.) We'd be there the entire weekend, but I need all the time I can get to get the teardrop towable, and preferably campable, by LCG V.

Tom
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:59 pm

Todah Tear wrote:Wow, this group is bringing in $1400 that weekend. That's super!

Guys, thanks for the clarification on the tent camping. Unfortunately my guests probably won't camp over night Sat. to Sunday because I am going to have to pull out Saturday night. I was just asked this morning to be one of the speakers for church's early morning service next Sunday...our 8 am service.

Linda, all I have to say is "You go girl!!!" :applause:. I with you; I'm excited and ready to go!

Todah

I'm looking forward to seeing you. It has been quite some time. See ya Friday
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:56 am

Woodyperk6 wrote:We'll also bring a cheap bottle of tequila and tripple sec. If someone else can bring some tequila and tripple sec also we can get Brandon and Chasity to make margaritas Fri. & Sat. nights. :thumbsup:

I'll take care of the other tequilla and tripple sec. Love my Ritas.....
I'm bringing a steak for the grill and banana pudding.
Hope to remember the ice cream maker in case anyone wants ice cream
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby Woodyperk6 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:51 am

Coca Cola Teardrop wrote:Hope to remember the ice cream maker in case anyone wants ice cream

Ice Cream sounds good. :)
Woody & Tammy

One day closer.
Woodyperk6
Platinum Donating Member

Postby caseydog » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:16 pm

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? :lol:

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby planovet » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:22 pm

I guess Linda is because she is already packed :roll:

Heck, I just got the tear out of storage yesterday and Cindi was wondering if that was too soon. :lol:
ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:02 pm

1 day down.....3 to go...........
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:51 pm

Not looking good for me at this moment. I'll post more later once I can know for sure but I was already underwater but determined to make it happen (sold my inflatable yacht today) and then my Town Car broke down on the way home tonight. At least I have friends who can tow the car home in a couple days and save me a tow truck charge, but I still need to fix it so that leaves me a couple hundred in the hole currently (before fixing it). Thank God for the truck that I can drive in the meantime, we'll see how resourceful I can be and will let be what will be.

It was my own fault spending my extra cash on the new project car and then the engine for the car, then getting a little too gung ho on it when I should have taken my time but that's all water under the overpass now.

You guys might have to wait another month to experience my drunken stupidity again I guess.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby caseydog » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:57 pm

2bits wrote:Not looking good for me at this moment. I'll post more later once I can know for sure but I was already underwater but determined to make it happen (sold my inflatable yacht today) and then my Town Car broke down on the way home tonight. At least I have friends who can tow the car home in a couple days and save me a tow truck charge, but I still need to fix it so that leaves me a couple hundred in the hole currently (before fixing it). Thank God for the truck that I can drive in the meantime, we'll see how resourceful I can be and will let be what will be.

It was my own fault spending my extra cash on the new project car and then the engine for the car, then getting a little too gung ho on it when I should have taken my time but that's all water under the overpass now.

You guys might have to wait another month to experience my drunken stupidity again I guess.

You gonna let a Monte Carlo keep you from camping?

Get your butt out there. You already paid for most of it. Like Nike says, Just Do It!

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Sparksalot » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:09 pm

Woodyperk6 wrote:
Coca Cola Teardrop wrote:Hope to remember the ice cream maker in case anyone wants ice cream

Ice Cream sounds good. :)

I'm planning to make cobbler in the DO. Might be a fit. :D
Holy cow, Rose is a teenager now! Done? Surely you jest. A teardrop is never "done".

The Compass Rose build thread: viewtopic.php?t=23213

Inspiration: http://tnttt.com/Design_Library/Trailer%20for%20Two.htm

It's got a cop motor, a 5.3 LS plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. ~ Elwood Blues
Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Postby planovet » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:17 am

Watched the weather last night...chance of rain Friday night and into Saturday :( :rainy:
ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

Postby whtknight » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:57 am

ssshhhhhhh.... PMA.... positive mental attitude.... lol

My wife seen that and needless to say... Not very happy with the forcast...

We need a vacation - break - so bad, its not even funny... so now she's mad because she was looking forward to the lake and swimming and the sunshine.... :x

We will make the best of it tho... won't we??? :D
whtknight
Teardrop Builder

Postby Sharpiegirl » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:55 am

It looks like our best chance of rain is going to be Friday night into Saturday morning when a small cold front moves in. We only have a 30% chance of rain. Got my fingers crossed that it rains at our house and not at the campsite.
On a funny note...I was standing at the kitchen sink washing some dishes this morning and thinking that it was Friday(now THAT is wishful thinking). I was making a mental note of all the stuff I needed to pack up before I left for work when it slowly dawned on me that it was only Tuesday. :cry: CRAP!
Sharpiegirl
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:46 pm

Better rain than a hurricane........Don't forget.......Hurricanes like to come on my Birthday so be happy there is just a chance of rain. :D
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:52 pm

Gonna push to make it Saturday at check in time and do a one nighter. Can someone please park their car in my spot Friday so it won't get snagged? Spot #175 Tammy said she would bring some deviled eggs too.

Woody, do you foresee any issues with that since I am prepaid? Think I should call the office?

Thanks.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

PreviousNext

Return to South Central