Gunslinger Gathering Feb. 17, 18 & 19th

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby Eddielbs » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:24 pm

planovet wrote:Does the range allow FMJ?

Mark, that's what I shot when I went last.

Loader wrote:What about muzzleloaders?

I don't see why not. But that would be a good question for the range master.
"Some Minds are like cement, A grey matter that is thoroughly mixed up and permanently set."
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby EVAC A SHACK » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:53 pm

Sounds like a Gathering to attend, so I will try to clear my schedule for it.

Eddie
EDDIE AND LINDA SMELLEY
LUFKIN, TX
EVAC A SHACK
Teardrop Master

Postby Eddielbs » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:24 pm

The weather was so beautiful today. I figured a trip to the range to ask questions and do some recon for our trip would make for a fun day. And I was correct it turned out to be a really fun day!

I took some pictures of the range and the camping area for y'all while I was out. Here is a link to the rest of the pictures from the day on Photobucket if you want to look them over feel free.

Black powder weapons are allowed Loader. In fact the only restriction on ammo is tracers for the obvious reasons. Even 50cal rounds are allowed, nothing bigger than 20mm though so Just leave the artillery shells at home. :)

"Some Minds are like cement, A grey matter that is thoroughly mixed up and permanently set."
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:00 pm

Great photos and info! The second sign was funny that said leave the cases in the car and all handguns should be in YOUR HAND. You don't see that too often!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby planovet » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:21 am

Looks like a great place to camp and shoot!
ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

Postby Eddielbs » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:55 am

Yeah, I think we gunna pass a large time. :)
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby Pam & Bob Bertrand » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:00 am

Sounds Good. Count us in. I see that we are unable to make reservations. The web site states, "First come". Do you think this will be a busy weekend? Do you think it will be difficult to get all of us into the camping area?
Pam and Bob Bertrand
Baton Rouge,LA
Pam & Bob Bertrand
Teardrop Master

Postby Eddielbs » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:10 pm

Pam & Bob Bertrand wrote:Sounds Good. Count us in. I see that we are unable to make reservations. The web site states, "First come". Do you think this will be a busy weekend? Do you think it will be difficult to get all of us into the camping area?

I don't see it being a issue that weekend. It's going to be after hunting season and still pretty chilly for most campers so I'm hoping we picked a good date. I spoke to the army corp guy over the place about reserving the sites. I had thought about just renting the whole place out starting the Thursday before we wanted to camp. But he said a camper or a car had to be in the site once it was reserved or "taken". I have not asked him about doubling up yet but I do plan to call him back this week.
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby CASHCOW » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:57 pm

CASHCOW is workin out the details to try to come. we will have to let u know for sure a little later. but we sure do want to come.
Serro Scotty Hilander http://txmc08.blogspot.com/
CASHCOW
The 300 Club

Postby Eddielbs » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:37 pm

If anyone is looking for some ammo for the big shoot.. I find www.Ammoman.com to have some pretty good prices when you buy in bulk. The free shipping is really nice too.. :)
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby Nobody » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:48 pm

I'm really hoping I can 'make' this soiree. Missed LCG in Oct so I'm ready! I'm still workin' on the Scamp & chances are it still won't be ready to camp by mid-Feb so we'll probably hafta bring the TD.

I got lotsa guns, mostly rimfire with a few 'big boomers' that I don't use a lot. I 'play' mostly with 22's or 17Mach2. Got a couple of Mach2's in lever action that're fun, as well as the usual semi-auto, bolt action, & 'pump' 22's. I shoot mostly 'bulk' 22 ammo (Win 555, 333, etc) unless I'm trying to see just how well a particular rifle will do. Got a few K-rounds that need to be sent downrange.

Put me down as tentative Eddie. Thanks!
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Eddielbs » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:42 pm

Nobody wrote:Put me down as tentative Eddie. Thanks!
Done!
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby Eddielbs » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:47 pm

I just noticed that http://capgunshows.com/ is having an event at the

BOSSIER CITY
Civic Center – 200-225 T
February 18 & 19

ADMISSION – $8, FREE PARKING
SAT 9-5, SUN 10-5

It's only a short drive to the Civic center from the park, Just incase anyone is maybe interested in going. :)
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby ARKPAT » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:03 pm

I like to join in if there is room at the inn ( or campsite left ). I may have someone else interested in going also ( van camping ). If they come they may pull my trailer ( save space and share fuel cost ). 8) I'm with Harvey ( Nobody about LCG ) this year :cry: Eddie can I and maybe one of two others be added to the list of attends. Looks like a real wild bunch. With Scott being there we are in good hands with the Big Guy in Control :worship:

:thumbsup:

Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby ARKPAT » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:20 am

Thanks Eddie ..... looks to be a great gathering. If you have the GPS of the Range / campsites you can PM me; if that is OK. Gota love those satalites positioning for fire control 8)

:thumbsup:

Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to South Central