a gathering in Louisiana...the LCG

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby Woody » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:35 am

Well I guess we will have engineer some form of bungee cord apparatus from a tall cypress tree to prevent Ross from being impaled just hover over them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
Woody
The Tear Jerker's, Florida Chapter Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Tear jerker chapter site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Check the SE section for gathering information
Tear Jerkers new site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Enjoying life in 12 ounce increments is what it's about
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby madjack » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:39 am

Woody wrote:Well I guess we will have engineer some form of bungee cord apparatus from a tall cypress tree to prevent Ross from being impaled just hover over them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

...kinda like the flying nun...we'll just haveta make Speedbump a special hat :o :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) ........8)
p.s. we may need several of them...
p.s.s. now that I think on it...Frog Wings may be a better choice since we are in La...they are waterproof and keep ya from bumping the ground(works for frog doesn't it)
Last edited by madjack on Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Woody » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:53 am

madjack wrote:
Woody wrote:Well I guess we will have engineer some form of bungee cord apparatus from a tall cypress tree to prevent Ross from being impaled just hover over them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

...kinda like the flying nun...we'll just haveta make Speedbump a special hat :o :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) ........8)
p.s. we may need several of them...

Ya mean Hardhat with face shield :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: maybe body armor tastefully done :lol: :lol: :lol:
Woody
The Tear Jerker's, Florida Chapter Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Tear jerker chapter site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Check the SE section for gathering information
Tear Jerkers new site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Enjoying life in 12 ounce increments is what it's about
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby asianflava » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:49 pm

I am thinking more and more about trying to make it out there. I might just have to take a day unpaid if I have to. I'll check the calendar at work to see if anyone else has it off.

At least this time I won't have to spend several days (and nights) working on the tear to get it ready. I can load it up and go. I think I burned up as much vacation time getting the tear ready as I did camping.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

We will be there

Postby Buck » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:30 pm

The wife and I will be there. We will leave Denton early Friday morning so count us in. Buck 8)
Buck
Teardrop Master

Postby madjack » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:18 pm

I am going up to the park tomorrow and do a scout-about and see what block of CG#'s we will want to reserve...how close to the waterfront, bathhouse location and such...I will have a full report tomorrow evening..I will probably tow the tear with me and show RangerDanger etall, what we will all be camping in...when I called them, they had no idea what a TD is so it'll be education day for us all...
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:42 pm

My advice... Get the 'poor girl' involved. ;)
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby madjack » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:56 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:My advice... Get the 'poor girl' involved. ;)

oh yeah, she will be accompanying me (or so I was informed) :D ;) .................................. 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Postby madjack » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:15 am

...well we hadda good scout...except for the 107degree temps
first off the Campground is lovely and heavily wooded...mixed pines and hardwoods...
...the bathhouse is centrally located with the furthest campsite being around 200' away...it is ultra modern, all tiled, very clean and it was air conditioned...it had multiple stalls for both showering and your other business and included handicap stalls for both
...there are no pavillions in the campground
...the sites we want to get are between #30 and #50...I am going to reserve #40...at this time all of these are available for the Oct.27/29 dates
...the even numbered sites are all considered premium sites as they are between the CG road and the lake and have a couple fishing docks amongst them...#'s 44/46/48/50 and 52 all have decks with them(yes I said decks) #36 is a pull through as is #52...there is plenty of room between the even numbered sites to setup for a group feed on Saturday night...all of these sites are $18 a night, no other entrance fees apply
...the odd numbered site are all $16 a nite and sit across the CG road from the lake and the premium sites, they are more heavily wooded, with views of the Lake and are closer to the bath house/restrooms
...these are all VERY nice sites with water, electricity, tables, fire rings and standing bar-b-que pits...they are paved with small gravel around the site and some have lantern poles
..all these sites can be reserved thru ReserveAmerica's website so reserve as soon as possible to insure we get the whole block...then post your site #'s here
...there are 10 miles of bicycle/hiking trails around the park w/bicycle rentals available...there are also 11miles of marked canoe/kayak paths thru the cypress trees on the lake with canoe/kayak/bateau(jon boat) rentals available...this is really good fishing lake for bass and crappie(white perch/specks/sac-au-lait) and holds the state record for bream at 2#8oz
I hope everyone can make it(and I mean everyone) and celebrate Halloween(and my birthday) in the cypress trees(lotssa spanish moss...spooky)
I don't know about firewood...we will probably haveta bring our own or do a lot of scavenging(not the best way)
If you have any further questions about the CG or the gathering, ask and I wll do my best to answer them...
....be there or be square :D ;)
madjack 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Postby nubwon » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:31 am

The wife just locked us in for site# 44. :thumbsup: I'm getting excited already lol
If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tuff...
nubwon
Teardrop Master

Postby davel » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:26 am

Cindy and I just locked in site #50. :thumbsup: Can't wait for the temperatures to drop where we can start camping again.
davel
Donating Member

Postby Sonetpro » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:44 am

We are in 42.
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby Nobody » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:23 am

We're in 46. Madjack, When I just now made reservation, Reserve America still showed site # 40 as AVAILABLE. Are they screwed up or did you reserve directly with the park? Might wanna check on that ;) . Lookin' forward to seein' ya again :thumbsup:
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby tonyj » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:29 am

I booked #48. Guess I better start working to finish the trailer. I guess I better also check to make sure I can take off from work :o

Details, details . . .
Still graced with two eyes and ten fingers (due in no small part to luck!).

Just when you think a problem is solved, an uglier result replaces it.

tony
tonyj
Super Lifetime Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:09 am

Thanks for that thorough report 'Jack ( and Marlene!)

Sounds like you picked a great campground !!!!

I will look at my schedule and figure out the miles and gas $> and try to reserve and make it !!!

I have lots of Halloween decorations!!!

Julie :lady:
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to South Central