Update!!! Beaver's Bend State Park... Date change

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby Chris C » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:06 pm

I can't seem to find a site that gives maps and information. Any links?
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby madjack » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:10 pm

Chris, try this one at the bottom of the first section of text is a link to a map in pdf format
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Chris C » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:32 pm

Thanks, Madjack................hadn't found that site. When I Googled Beavers Bend State Park, I got something entirely different.........and, frankly, not of much use.

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Chris C

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:15 pm

Chris you beat me to that question.
Madjack, I have no idea which section. I was told there are only 31 rv sites and they are in a circle. I'll call real quick and see what I can find out.
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:17 pm

Ok they are gone for the day. I'll check first thing in the am and post what I learn.
I had been looking for that map. I'll print it now for future reference.
Thanks madjack
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:58 pm

Linda, from looking at the map and reading the text, it looks like they have many more than 31 sites...they probably have 31 site that they reserve and the rest are first come, first served...counting the marks on the map, it looks like area "B" has 31 site leaving "A&C" open...but I actually have no idea what I am saying ATALL :D ;)
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:25 pm

Madjack, yes they have 31 sites that they reserve and the others are first come first serve. Alice told me that the rv sites were in a circle which makes me wonder if we are in C.
You may not have any idea what you are saying but you have learned more than me. Thanks for the link to the map. I had looked all over the Beaver's Bend site for it.
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby Chris C » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:12 am

Okay, I got with my sweetie and she said "Great", let's go. :thumbsup: So count on us. :applause: However, we'll be in a tent somewhere on the other side of the park. :cry:

Chris C

Postby kajamelu4 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:58 am

Linda:

I'm gonna have to add you to the list of people that can't read my writing.
But if I would learn to write better, there wouldn't have to be a list! :lol:
I live at Konawa. :)

I may be camping alone that weekend, or have one of my kids with me. Don't know yet. Will depend on what else is going on. Usually I can't get away to go camping without Lucas, my 13 year old.

And we certainly don't mind doubling up at one site. It's always more fun with lots of people camping.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone! :)

Karol
kajamelu4
The 300 Club

Postby madjack » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:44 am

Chris C wrote:Okay, I got with my sweetie and she said "Great", let's go. :thumbsup: So count on us. :applause: However, we'll be in a tent somewhere on the other side of the park. :cry:

Chris, although it has been many years since I camped at Beaver's Bend, I seem to recall that it is not a long hike to any portion of the campground...of course I was a lot younger and didn't have to fight with Arthur Rightus when I went for hike back then either...
madjack 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Chris C » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:11 am

I know. I used to hike the David Boren trail at least once a year. It's beautiful down there and Fran and I are walkers so it's no big deal. Looking forward to it.

Chris C

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:43 pm

bg, glad you will be coming after all. Looking forward to meeting you.

Karol, I can read your hand writing. That was a typo. I usually double check my spelling.

Madjack, We will be in Section B

Chris, Glad you and Fran can come. See you guys then...

Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:56 pm

Coca Cola Teardrop wrote:bg, glad you will be coming after all. Looking forward to meeting you.

Karol, I can read your hand writing. That was a typo. I usually double check my spelling.

Madjack, We will be in Section B

Chris, Glad you and Fran can come. See you guys then...

Linda

cool...that is right along the river...when I looked at the map and counted the "slashes". area B had 31 so I kinda figured it might be there...even if we have more campers than room, I bet there will be a some of the first come spaces available, I know that me and the missus(aka the poor girl) wouldn't mind if we had to do that, so long as we are there...maybe some more folks will come on up and we can just take over the whole campground...how about it SteveH, AsianFlava,WarPony...others
madjack 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Postby SteveH » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:27 pm

MadJack,

We'd love to come, but with a trip of that distance (about 500 miles and 7 hours driving) we will have to wait until we can see if Joyce can take Friday off and the weather is going to be good. ;)
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:56 pm

Steve, wish you and Joyce could make it too. I haven't been there before but it looks nice. Maybe we should reserve the whole rv area for a larger gathering after some more tears are finished and we all have more time.
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to South Central