Beaver's Bend - More sites available.......

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby Chris C » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:07 pm

Yea, and contrary to that Chris C's report, Idabel is supposed to get about 4 inches!!!!! (never thought "4 inches" would sound so good!) :rofl2:
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:52 am

OK everyone. Here is who is attending Beaver's Bend. If I have missed anyone or have info wrong please let me know.

Coca Cola Teardrop - Charles and Linda Modisette - teardrop
Oklahomajewel - Julie McDonald
hap - Jim and Shirley Moore - teardrop
kajamelu4 - Karol Akerman - camp inn teardrop
McTeardrops - Lenny and Joanne McBroome - teardrop
davel - Dave and Cindy Lovelace - teardrop
Pat Hopkins - Pat Hopkins
Madjack - jack and Marlene - teardrop
Mexican Tear - Kai and Lois - teardrop
Chris C - Chris Christenberry and Fran
reo-ron - Ron Edwards - kampmaster
rick-xr2 - Rick and Linda Adams - teardrop
Backwoodsman - Greg and Phyllis Dacus - teardrop
s4son - Scott and Sylvia Forsen
Nobody - Harvey and Lenora
B52 - Jim and girlfriend

I would also like to email the list to everyone because it has a little more information. I don't see an email for several of you so if you want the list to print just email me at [email protected] and I'll reply with it.
Well, I think I'll go clean out the teardrop and start packing since my boss gave us the day off with pay.......
See you all real soon.
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Last edited by Coca Cola Teardrop on Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby kajamelu4 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:32 am

I'm so excited, I can hardly wait until the camp out!! :D

Our show season is over as of yesterday! And I need a break!

I will be bringing my Camp-Inn, and might need to set up a tent also. Everyone wants to go with me when they hear that I am going camping. (I think spring fever has gotten ahold of everyone around here.) So there could be several of us from Konawa. The more the merrier in my point of view!

Karol
kajamelu4
The 300 Club

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:43 am

Karol, glad to hear from you. I was wondering how you were since I had not seen you on the forum lately. I will update list that you are bring your camp inn. If you will email me at [email protected] I'll send you a list of everyone attending.
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby Chris C » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:02 pm

To all attending the Beaver's Bend gathering.............I look forward to seeing and meeting all of you. But if I walk by and don't say "Hi", please don't be offended. Only 4 out of the 15 attending have personal pictures up for avatars. I've met Kai and Lois, and Charles and Linda, so that'll be 6 out the 15 I'll recognize. (not that I'm pushing for personal avatars or anything) :lol:

Start packing, the deadline is quickly approaching. :Flippin Burger:

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Chris C

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:30 pm

Start packing?????
My boss gave us the day off with pay......yea..........
I cleaned out both teardrops, washed everything in my galley so it is nice and clean to cook with, put items back in the tongue box that somehow got out :roll:, put the tv back in the Coca Cola, organized the keys for both teardrops, and started my list of things to pack. OH yea I vacuumed out my truck. I think I can keep it clean for a couple of weeks.
Do you think I'm excited????? and ready to go?????
OH yea our friend that owns an RV dealer gave Charles a Voyager observation monitor. You know the tv type moniter that goes in your vehicle and the camera that goes on the back of your camper. So you can see what is behind you at all times and especially when you are backing up. Now we will be able to see the motorcycle behind the teardrop. So guess what Charles will be doing this weekend :thinking:
What a friend. Well I think it was his way of paying Charles for building a metal cover and a deck at his deer lease. Anyways it is gonna be cool.
AM I EXCITED AND READY FOR THE GATHERING?????????
YOU BET.....
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:45 pm

Excited?!!! YOU BET !! :ilovecamp:

The BREDBOX has begun!!! Even though it rained a little this evening, I got the trailer in the shop. Phil came and helped and now the deck frame is done, the floor is on (no footwell) and ready to do insulation and undercoating tomorrow ....come rain or rain or ..... yes, we have 80% chance of rain HALLELUJAH ....we need it so bad, don't we Chris/Karol/Rick/ Ron..... and well, everybody in this area.

I'll get pictures on here later tonite... YES 'jack... I remembered the camera!!

PS ))))))) My brother Merle from Austin is going to try to come to BB and hopefully on his Valkyrie to do some ridin'.... Don't know when he would be there though, and I will probably be tenting and he has his own tent....

Julie
[email protected]
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:51 pm

OK everyone, we have another teardropper that would like to join in the fun at Beaver's Bend. His name is Gary, he has a Cubby and lives in Shreveport. I will call the park in the morning to see if we can have another site. If they don't have one would anyone be interested in sharing their site? Like I've said before, the park said we can double up but if both tears hook up to electricity then they both pay full price. I know several of our friends are at Cedar Hill this weekend. I hope they have fun.
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby Chris C » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:19 pm

12 DAYS!!!!!

Chris C

Postby Chris C » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:20 pm

At the rate the rain is coming down, we may all have to do the back-stroke to get there! Oh well, the fire ban should be over and we can at least dry out our shorts around the fire! :lol:

Chris C

beavers bend rain!

Postby oklahomajewel » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:38 am

RAIN !!!! Beavers Bend is in McCurtain County and got 4" of rain this weekend !!!!

I heard on the radio this a.m. that around the different counties, they are checking the rain levels, etc and will determine on a county to county basis about lifting the burn ban in the next week or so. And this rain will help everything start greening up !! HURRAY!!!!
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Chris C » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:57 am

Julie, I think you are right that we'll get to have campfires. But ease up on the prayin', huh? :worship: The State is going to float away pretty soon. There won't be any turf solid enough to put a tent stake into when we get there. :lol:

Chris C

Rain Rain Go away

Postby Cindy » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:29 am

I am looking forward to Beaver Bend but somebody order sunshine and no rain. Last weekend was enough for me. See you there
Hot Cindy
My goal is to really live my life. I want to take risks, make a difference, and know that I have done all I can do to give hope to others.
Cindy
500 Club

Postby kajamelu4 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:59 am

I agree that we needed the rain. But OK now. And one of the main reasons that I got my teardrop was so I would have a dry bed to sleep in on camping trips. And I hate dealing with the mud!!! So enough is enough. But I sure do want to sit around a genuine camp fire. Haven't done that in sssooooooo long. :D

And Linda, I haven't been around very much lately because my son shows pigs, and show season has been winding up (or is that down?). Whatever, it is over as of last Thursday!!! This weekend is our first free weekend since Dec. 31. And I have EARNED the campout next week!!!!! :lol:

See yall there!!!!

Karol
kajamelu4
The 300 Club

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:48 pm

There weren't any more available sites for Gary. Anyone care to share their site? I will check back next Monday to see if anyone has cancelled.
The lady at Beaver's Bend said they are getting rain but the burn ban is still on for now.
Boy did we get rain this morning. Of course it hit when I headed to work. I think my pants and shoes dried out by 10:00.
See everyone at Beaver's Bend.
Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to South Central