Home from Lake Bistineau

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby tonyj » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:09 pm

By the way . . . I want to apologize and take back all those snotty remarks I made about the Louisiana roads and the 55 mph speed limit. The stretch of 59 heading south from Livingston to Houston (in Texas) is the sorriest excuse for a freeway, much less a back road, of anywhere I have travelled. I was bounced around so much and for so long that when I finally got south of Houston through Sugarland, I pulled off the road, climbed under the trailer and checked all the welds. I am amazed they survived without coming apart. I again have to thank Doug Hodder for suggesting I box in my tongue--without the added channel, I know it would not have survived. My native state freeway system--shame, shame! :x

But I made it home with tequila to spare! :applause:
Still graced with two eyes and ten fingers (due in no small part to luck!).

Just when you think a problem is solved, an uglier result replaces it.

tony
tonyj
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Dave Bob » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:47 pm

It was a blast to meet so many of you. Thanks to MJ and the crew for putting together a great gathering. Sorry I coudn't be there for long but the white tails were calling.

Dave, Sharon, and Jake
Never say "What else could go wrong?"
Because it usually will.
Dave Bob
Teardrop Advisor

Postby BillyLandry » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:00 pm

Mais Chere. us two cajuns (Roxie and Billy) we had a good time yeah.
We want to thank Madjack and everyone who put this gathering together.
We really liked looking at all the tears that we did look at. All the people that we met were so pleasent and interesting to talk to. The food was
excellent and plentiful. We had to bring a tent this time. The first night was pretty cold, but it resulted in the wife snuggling up pretty close. I want to thank Doug Hodder for the dash badges. Wish he could have been with the gang. Looking forward to the next one and hoping to be in a real nice teardrop camper.
We wore our t-shirts today.
"It's not the qualifications--It's the willingnest."
BillyLandry
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:47 am

nubwon wrote:we left just before noon and the last I saw of Jack, he was bareback ridin a huge Gator!! :awesome: He was topless :roll: and he had Charles Ipse's Kilt on!! :chicken: I hope he survived that wild ride!!!!( the gator I mean). All who left early really missed it!!!!........I think he had one too many of Tony's margarittas :lol: (thats my story and I'm stickin to it lol)

..hey, I don't need no stinkin' alkeyhall to 'rassle a gator...we do it for fun around here, but Ranger Tom did fuss at me for messin' with the wildlife :lol: :lol: :lol: ...
Tony...the stories...we didn't even scratch the surface...but there is always next time...
I'm sorry (and appoligize) that I didn't get to spend a lot of time taking to EVERYONE...I was too busy doing my headless chicken imitation most of the time...
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:05 am

Well the Jewel Box made it to LCG and back for it's inaugural trip and what a GREAT ONE LCG WAS !!!!!

I personally send out a big hug to everyone , if I didn't give you one there! I wish we could have spent time at everyone's campfire!!

Trudy and Gary did their usual outstanding breakfast and the shrimp etoufee was OUTSTANDING !!!!! Thanks to Paul and Tony for the adult beverages !!!

I'm glad everyone got a giggle at my halloween decorations and the visitor in the teardrop . The little trick or treaters were much fun too !

I apologize that I didn't get those bday things done for us all to give to MJ but I think he had a good time anyway.

The Jewel box slept good and warm, the trip there and back she traveled well, and no problems. We left Sunday afternoon and went to Mena, AR and stayed at the Wilhemina St Park and woke up to some fierce winds and terrible fog /dew/mist and cold! Took not the TaliMena drive home, but the lower road and saw some beautiful fall colors.

Thanks to everybody for everything !!! Like I said to each of you there "Let's camp together again soon ! "

:applause: :applause: :applause:

ps.... I make a motion we have it there again next year, after all -- MadJack will have another birthday, the mummy will be a year older too, and maybe Tony will have some Tequila left.....

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Nobody » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:31 am

Julie wrote
ps.... I make a motion we have it there again next year, after all -- MadJack will have another birthday,

"SECOND" :EXP :EXP

If I'd had any more fun, don't think I could've stood it :thumbsup: :applause: . Didn't get to meet & talk with everyone; I'm sorry for that, maybe next year ;) . Terry & Connie were wonderful neighbors & SteveT's "FishInn" definitely deserved the title "Peoples Choice" award. Even tho I've decided that TD'ing is not really a cold weather sport, especially when ya gotta get up in the middle of the night :roll: , we're already makin' plans for next fall 8) .
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:10 pm

Great gathering Madjack I think that is the best I've been to and that includes ITG. Do I get an award for being the last home. Trudy and i just made it. Took the scenic route home. A little too scenic, I don't recomend ARk 23 if your in a hurry. I say about 50 curves to the mile :lol: and not much fun just before dark when your looking for a place to camp.
Can't wait till next year. Trudy's already looking for new recipes to cook in the DO.
Gary and Trudy
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby Sonetpro » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:22 pm

RAYVILLIAN wrote:Great gathering Madjack I think that is the best I've been to and that includes ITG. Do I get an award for being the last home. Trudy and i just made it. Took the scenic route home. A little too scenic, I don't recomend ARk 23 if your in a hurry. I say about 50 curves to the mile :lol: and not much fun just before dark when your looking for a place to camp.
Can't wait till next year. Trudy's already looking for new recipes to cook in the DO.
Gary and Trudy

Glad to hear your home. We also took the scenic route home. Jack gave me a route through LA and we enjoyed it.
A special thanks to ya'll for all the wonderful food. Has the iron cooled down yet?
:lol:

See ya next year. The ranger said if we get too many people next year we could stack em 2 TD's to a site.
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:35 pm

Unfortunately the iron has cooled down but I just finished a bowl of leftover chili and beans form Sunday night with a hunk of brat in it. 8)
Gary
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

We are home

Postby Buck » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:55 pm

Hey y'all we got back yesterday around 3:00pm. Nice to talk to all of you and loved all the advice. Had a great time and had the best neigbors one could ask for. Jack took your advice and am looking into new and bigger wheels. Great food Great people Great time. We are in for next year!!! Buck and Lise.
Buck
Teardrop Master

Back home.

Postby CPASPARKS » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:05 pm

Hey fellow LCG campers...
Me, Jade and Chloe finally pulled out of the campground around 2 pm Sunday afternoon.
We went to Minden to grab some grub and then went over and down to Gibsland to check out the Bonnie and Clyde museum over there. Then we drove out in the country about 8 miles to see where they were ambushed and killed back in 1935.
My deceased father met Bonnie and Clyde when he was 10 years old. They had robbed a drugstore in a town nearby where he lived and stopped across the street from his house to get gasoline at a country store. He said that they were friendly and showed off all of their pistols, shotguns, rifles and machine guns.
After this side trip, we finally got on the road around 6 pm and got home about 2:30 am Monday morning. I did not go to work until mid-morning and sucked air the rest of the day Monday.
We had a blast and enjoyed getting to meet the people behind the avatars. I regret that I did not get to meet everyone. :(
Hope we can make that an annual event and have some spring gathering at rotating locations. I think everyone would be up for that.
Thanks for all the compliments on my "Yoder-Toter". As I told many of you....I also have a handbuilt 4x8 also. Probably bring it to the next get together.
I am poor...but teardrop rich.
Thanks to all and hope y'all had as much fun as we did. :thumbsup:
Kevin
CPASPARKS
The 300 Club

Postby reo-ron » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:29 pm

Well it sure sounds like I missed a LARGE time. I think this sould be an anual event and I promise to be there next year . Speaking of next year when is the first Sping campout? Being a true son of the south I don't camp in winter. Not even for hunting season. Besides I'm starting a new trailer to replace my Kampmaster ( still for sale ,hint hint) . and speaking of new trailers . Congratulations Oklahomajewel!!! glad to see you made it. Call me about your paint and I can probally help. I tought I'd check you progress on the album site but no new pics. Shame on you! Just kidding I don't have any pics up ,so your ahead of me.
Ron
Old cars, trucks, trailers and scooters - bought, sold, traded and enthusiastically talked about.
reo-ron
The 300 Club

Postby Lynne » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:29 pm

Just got back from the gathering and from the other stop we had to make. I just wanted to let everyone know that we really enjoyed ourselves a lot. We met a lot of great people and and had a wonderful time.

We seen a lot of really nice campers. A lot of craftsmanship and talent put into them.

Thanks all for making us feel welcome. The food was great and the people greater.
Lynne
Teardrop Builder

Postby Sonetpro » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:51 pm

Lynne, It was good to meet ya'll.
You are a hoot. :lol:
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby Lynne » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:37 am

It was good meeting you to Steve. Your camper is a dream. Thank you.
Lynne
Teardrop Builder

PreviousNext

Return to South Central