thank you, thank you, thank you...thank you

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

thank you, thank you, thank you...thank you

Postby madjack » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:38 am

I guess it is time for me to check in and resume my role in the "real" world....

where to start...OMG...this past wekend was one of the best of my life(really) and I have all who attended to thank for that as well a Ranger Tom and his crew and Richard and Kay, the campgound hosts...they all bent over backwards to make us welcome and I can guarantee that Lake Bistineau State Park is teardrop friendly...we will be back!!!!!!!

Now for some KUDOS...oh gosh, where do I start...Let me start with Cherokee George for sending me one of his drop dead gorgeous TD hitch covers...they truly have to be seen to appreciate fully...Steve Fredericks, for sending along one of his build CD's and some CampingClassics brochures...I highly encourage all to patronize these two fellows products...also would like to thank all who contributed a prize for the raffle.

Charles Ipes, who put a bug in my ear and then kept pushing me to "git 'er dun"...he also did a wonderful job on the Tshirts, got the Award Plaques and banner done up and all the other goodies he brought along...thanks Charles and Trina...hope the ranger jobs work out for ya.

Joe Gagnon and Garry Mott, two lifelong buddies who came up to celebrate my birthday and checkout all the TD "hullabaloo"...Garry helped out with a lot of foot work around the camp and Joe (double thanks) covered the 'etoufee cooking, freeing me up to play "host".

TonyJ for putting together the name tags and providing his industrial strength marguerita machine along with the makin's...not to mention that "special" bottle of Tequila.

SteveT(sonnetpro) and Sherrie for the shrimp and for being such nice neighbors and for raising the bar with his People's Choice Award winning "FishInn"...I hope y'all had a nice "scenic" trip home.

Julie, for really getting into the spirit of things with her Halloween decorations, which won her the award for best site decorations...y'all should have seen it folks, she really pulled out the stops for it...thanks for the sign as well.

Jeff Hargo(warpony) for coming all the way from Topeka KS. to winn the Farthest Travelled award....also for being a generally nice guy to sit around the fire with trading stories and drinks...and providing the UFO's with a place to land...

Doug Hodder, who wanted to be there so bad I thought he would stroke out over not being able to attend but did send some truly beautiful dash plaques so that everone would have a really nice commemorative of the weekend.

Dean of Eureka for doing all of our LOGO designs for us...they sure made a difference, were right on the money and looked good to boot...I owe ya for that buddy!!!!!

Each and everyone of you deserves a pat on the back for being shinning examples of what TDing is all about and when I toured the sites with Richard, all but one had been well policed. Ranger Tom literally begged us to come back next year or anytime we wanted...Richard and Kay tried to get us to just stay, offering to pose as Doctor Ri-Chard and calling us in sick...we hated to leave since the park was so pretty and we had such a great time but after much foot dragging, a couple of visits with Richard and Kay, a couple of final tours around the grounds and a long visit with Ranger Tom we left around 2PM Monday to return to civilization...but we will be back and before next fall...

madjack(truly thankful) 8)

P.S....if I forgot anyone who needed mentioning, I appologize...it is just CRS kicking in :D ;)

P.P.S....to the hooty owls for singing us to sleep at night...to the Grosbek for making me laugh, to the gator for putting in an appearance...as TonyJ said...kinda like a rattlesnake...even if you have hever heard one before, you know what it is when you do(come 'ere Jake)...to the deer, egrets, squirrels, crows, geese and other wild critters for showing us the "wild" side of life.

P.P.P.S.....if you missed this one, you missed a heck offa time but look for the "Second Annual" next year...final counts were...37 trailers, 2 campers, 2 SST's, 1 cabin and around 100 folks...Todah and Pat...sorry y'all had issues and couldn't make it...hope y'all are both feeling better(no KFC anymore...huh Pat)

to everyone who attended....
thank you, thank you, thank you...thank you!!!!!!
Last edited by madjack on Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby cherokeegeorge » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:24 am

I'm glad it all worked out so great and y'all had such a great time and happy birthday Jack
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby Steve Frederick » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:30 pm

Glad all went well. As you know Jack, it's a bit of work!
Ya done good!
Blessings, Steve
Adirondacks, Upstate New York
Building Journals
The Shop Manual's 8-years old!! Thank's everyone!
New! 'Rondack Lodge Plans!Order Here!
Steve Frederick
Custom Teardrop Builder

Location: Upstate New York, Adirondacks (Great Sacandaga Lake)

Postby mikeschn » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:38 pm

Glad you had a great time and a great birthday MJ...

I've been looking at the pictures, and you appear to be a happy camper!!! :o

Sometimes things just work out well, eh?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby vairman » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:39 am

Is someone going to post the recipe for the 'Etoufee we had Sat. night? (hint hint) :D It was our first time to have it, and we're hooked! Good food, good people....GREAT weekend! Thanks again to all who attended and pitched in. :applause: I don't think we've had the pleasure of meeting a nicer group. Can't wait till the next gathering!!

Greg & Terri
Women are angels, but, when someone breaks their wings, they simply continue to fly on a broomstick.
vairman
500 Club

Postby madjack » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:20 am

yes Greg...as soon as I can get it from Joe...he came home to a major move, having bought a new place to live so it may take a day or two...I will post it in the recipes section when available......
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby ARKPAT » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:53 pm

Thanks Madjack. They made the news that week, I wasn't the only one.

:?

:shock:

:thinking:

I survived ! I will be there next year !!!

:thumbsup:

Good time was had by all looks like!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Pat ;)
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby asianflava » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:01 am

I was just re-reading this thread and thought of something. Who came from South Carolina? Are they on this board?
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:54 am

Chancy? Clancy ? something like that... they were out that way visiting the wife's sister .

awwwww still want some more of that etouffee!!!!!!!

....... ps..... I will post a couple of pics of the birthday boy, if I didn't already....
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Clancy

Postby CPASPARKS » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:13 am

Flava,
The man from SC is on this board. His forum name is Clancy. He was there with his wife and they were going on to Texas after the gathering to see some of her family.
They were a very nice couple.
Kevin
CPASPARKS
The 300 Club

Return to South Central