Caravan to Minden???

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Caravan to Minden???

Postby reo-ron » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:08 pm

With 2 inches of ice between me and the shop I'm spending too much time in front of the computer! I just downloaded my registration form for ITG in Minden,NE and was wondering who's going from around here? Can we get a caravan and is anyone interested in sharing a space. The spaces are limited and they say you can double up and still have plenty of room. I'll probally be traveling alone so I promise not to too loud and obnoxious. Besides I do know how to cook and can make etouffee or gumbo if the weather is not too hot for a little spicey food. Then there is always Bananas Foster for a little flaming desert. A also got a new Dutch Oven for Christmas. Who knows what I might be able to do if I learn to use it.
All this talk of food-- I think I'll go to the kitchen now.
See Ya on the road
Ron in Tulsa
Old cars, trucks, trailers and scooters - bought, sold, traded and enthusiastically talked about.
reo-ron
The 300 Club

Postby s4son » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:56 pm

Hello fellow Teardroppers,
I have volunteered to help out with ITG II this year and have been assigned the task of Regional Rep for the Lower Midwest US. I plan on keeping a running list of caravans going to Minden from various states. If you would like to e-mail or call me with questions pertaining to a caravan or other questions about the gathering, I will do my best to answer. This takes some of the burden off George allowing him to concentrate on other details. I have put together a web page listing the caravans that I am aware (as of today there are none). It is http://www.scottforsen.com/Teardrop/minden.htm

I have also included links to some of the things to see and do around Minden. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. If I don’t have an answer I will find out.

LOWER MIDWEST U.S.: Scott Forsen, 816-866-4364, [email protected]
KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, LA

Scott Forsen
Are we there yet?
ImageImage
s4son
Donating Member

Postby jplock » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:49 pm

I sent off my registration form yesterday to Minden, and will be traveling from the Broken Arrow Area. rayvillian and I will be parking our rigs in the same campsite across the road in the primitive area.
jplock
:) :) :)
Keep smiling!
jplock
500 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:56 pm

Phil,
How are you guys coming up? I wanted to take I 35 but it is 3 1/2 hours further than 71. :roll:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby jplock » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:01 pm

I haven't looked real close to the route yet , but it seems nothing really leaves the Tulsa area that goes directly to it. I will study it a little closer soon. I guess Google Earth need to be consulted.
jplock
Keep smiling!
jplock
500 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:17 am

I've got mine ready to mail in this a.m. Pretty sure me & Karol will be the Okie girls together so we can fly our Oklahoma flag ! haha

I am planning on being in the primitive area, and btw I have a cast iron fire pit I could bring, possibly. It is about 30" x 40"something, I'm guessing and stands off the ground by 6" and has a metal and mesh sort of rounded top , removeable....
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:35 am

:woohoo: Julie a fire pit sounds wonderful. It is sounding like the lower-midwest is hiding out in the primative area. :lol:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby oklahomajewel » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:45 am

Yeah, the ITG website says since this is in the Minden city limits, there are no open fires allowed at any time for any reason, BBq's and DO's are okay, as long as briquettes (and hopefully wood) is contained in a fire pan, and it gives a picture of an enclosed patio firpit thing. Mine looks kinda like it but more rectangle not round.

Man, this is gonna be FUN !!!
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby jplock » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:36 pm

After consulting Google Earth it looks like I35 to Salina KS. Then on north from there on a regular highway to I80 and then back East a ways on I80 to Minden looks like maybe the best way to go for us.
jplock
Keep smiling!
jplock
500 Club

Postby davel » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:16 pm

Last time we went I35 to I70 and then up 183 to 34. Was good highway all the way there.
davel
Donating Member

Postby Sonetpro » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:25 pm

Are any Texans going to caravan up ? It's 14 hours for me. We are going to drive to somewhere around OK city the first day and camp and then to Minden the second day.

Is there any good camping spots around OK city or north OK.
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby davel » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:58 pm

Steve,

We need to get a caravan together. It is a long trip up.
davel
Donating Member

Postby bg » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:00 pm

At this point I'm planing on leaving early on the morning of the 14th and driving straight up. Don't know if I'll be able to caravan yet.
Bobby(, Kim & Wayne)
bg
500 Club

Return to South Central