Purtis Creek Photos

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Purtis Creek Photos

Postby davel » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:51 am

Well...Purtis Creek is History and as everything else in Texas it was a huge success. :applause: As Steve has already posted we had 7 tears here and over 30 people counting the kids showed up. We had a wonderful time and a great potluck dinner and slide show.

Pictures can be seen at http://www.tearsoftexas.com/purtis_creek_gathering.htm

Now we need to start planning our next gathering. Maybe we should get together everytime a new tear is completed :thumbsup:

Thanks to all that made this come together and thanks to our host SteveW, he has a great park.
davel
Donating Member

Photos

Postby DaveandDebbie » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:00 pm

8) DaveL
Good job in getting the photo's up fast
DaveandDebbie
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:09 pm

We had a great time at Purdis Creek. Thanks to Steve it was a great success. The park was wonderfull as well as the company. We really enjoyed meeting everyone and sharing ideas. I think Charles is starting another tear real soon. Calling tomorrow to see about black metal. Can't imagine what it's name will be. We are looking forward to seeing some of you at the Minden Nebraska gathering. We'll see if Charles can get another tear made by then. Thanks again to Steve and Lisa for printing our signs and reserving the spots and just making the whole weekend such a pleasure. I'm impressed that pics are up. I haven't even gotten a pic up under my user ID. (Computers are not my specialty)
Charles and Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby Ron » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:52 pm

Just missed everyone at Purtis Creek :( I arrived there at about 11:30 am and everyone was already gone. I drove about two hours one way to see all the teardrops to fuel my fire to build one, my fire has been burning strong lately and I wanted to see the REAL thing to get some ideas, boy was I dissapointed. Sorry I missed ya'll, hopefully I'll make it on time to the next gathering. And this long term lerker is now a poster :thumbsup:

Best Regards,
Ron
Ron
Teardrop Master

Postby davel » Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:07 pm

Ron,

Sorry you missed us. :cry: We all really enjoyed showing our tears off yesterday. There are lots of close to you though. Drop by anytime and I'll be glad to show you the Bluebonnet Tear. This was a great group and I'm sure we'll do whatever it takes to help you get started.

One warning though teardrop trailers can become an obsession. :D
davel
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:16 pm

Hey Ron,

Welcome to the forum...

I can relate to that statement. We are early birds, and Sunday right after breakfast we are on the road. (Of course we didn't have to wait for any canvas to dry - a prime benefit of teardropping!) You should shoot for Saturday next time...

DaveL, great job on getting those photos up so quickly. It was good to see them... can I make one small request? Can you resize those photos to 640x480? I'm on cable, and it's choking my cable. I can't imagine what it's doing to the poor 56K modem users!!! :?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby davel » Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:46 pm

Sure Mike no problem. Just give me a little while. I tend forget about all the poor folks that are still on dialup and they are a little bigger than they need to be. :eyebrows:
davel
Donating Member

Postby davel » Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:59 pm

Photos have been resized. They should pull up a whole lot faster now. :pictures:
davel
Donating Member

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:03 pm

Thanks for resizing Dave. I'm one of those poor folks on dialup. I think it took me about an hour to see all the pics. Living out in the country can sometimes be the pits (but we wouldn't trade it for in town living at all). Hopefully one day we will get DSL.

Ron, Sorry we missed you also. Saturday is for sure the time to come. We don't really do breakfast and were pulling out before 8am. Hope to meet you next time.

Charles and Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:42 pm

Ron wrote:Just missed everyone at Purtis Creek :( I arrived there at about 11:30 am and everyone was already gone.

I think the overcast skies made people nervous. I told my wife that I wanted to pack up as soon as we woke up. She asked,"Why do you want to leave so early?" I said, "I don't wanna leave early but I want to pack up early. We can hang out here for a little while after we are packed." Well by the time we were packed up, there were only 2 of us left there and no one to hang out with. Sorry we missed you.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby SteveH » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:41 am

Dave,

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. We enjoyed the gathereing and especially meeting everyone. It's good to be able to put a face and personallity on a screen name.

We left early also, but mainly because of the drive distance. We did run in the rain from Waco to Georgetown. Mostly jsut light stuff, but enough to get everything dirty and requiring a wash job. Something to loosen up all those stiff joints from sitting and driving for five hours.
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Return to South Central