Second Texas Teardrop Gathering, Proposed?

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby davel » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:23 am

Sounds great George, I'm interested too!
davel
Donating Member

Postby gardenwood » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:58 pm

September sounds good to us. The caboose will be roadworthy by early June... That's the positive thinking statement. Not based on progress to date.

We'd need the end of September though. Early and mid-September are already scheduled.

Roger and Lois
gardenwood
Teardrop Advisor

Postby asianflava » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:37 am

September will be almost 1 year for me. I hope :worship: that I would be done by then. At least to a usable state. When you work at a glacial pace like I do, the trick is finishing before giving up on it.

September sounds good, I just hope it doesn't coincide with our annual fishing/camping trip.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby davel » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:32 am

September sounds good to shoot for. We still don't know what the state is going to do with the start of school yet but that would be a welcome retreat away from the hectic pace of school starting.
davel
Donating Member

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:46 am

For now we can probably do September. It is almost Hunting Season for Charles and Craft Show season for me. Let's try to get a location and date as soon as possible. Hopefully Charles won't be starting his 3rd teardrop (LOL)
Charles and Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby SteveH » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:06 pm

Just looked on my calander ( what a revolutionary idea :? ), and I'm busy the weekends of 10-11, and 16-17. :(
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:51 pm

So are we looking at the weekend of Sept 23 - 26? We need a location and then I will be able to know for sure if I will be in attendance. I will probably come without Charles. He breaths hunting by mid Sept and he said he will probably be working at deer lease. So someone name location and I'll check out the map and driving time.
Charles and Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby steve wolverton » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:09 am

Hey Guys,

My hitch is supposed to be in tomorrow so Lisa and I are going camping tomorrow night. We're also going down to Brazos Bend (alligator central) for Mother's Day - that should be fun. Just let us know when you decide which week/park you're going to be at, and we'll be there. :thumbsup:

Anyone know how to get buffalo blood stains off the ceiling?

Steve
�veni, vidi, vici.�
steve wolverton
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby SteveH » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:57 am

Anyone know how to get buffalo blood stains off the ceiling?

Steve,

I don't know how to get it off the ceiling, but I know if you get it up there, your axe is dull. :R
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby backwoodsman » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:12 am

SteveH wrote:Dave,

I think it's obvious we don't have enough interest in another gathering so soon this year, and think we should forget the idea.

Maybe when the builders are complete there will be enough interest to have another gathering....maybe this fall.

True dat! maybe John Teare, asianflava, davel & I will be finished by then. :worship:
I just talked to Charles (coca cola) and I think at the rate he is moving he will be finished with number two tear by noon tomorrow.... :lol:

Greg
You don't know what you don't know!
backwoodsman
Donating Member

Inks Lake

Postby Hal Heintz » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:48 am

Friends-------

You may remember me from the Eustace gathering with the black Texas theme teardrop.

I'd like to drive up for the day if the thing comes together.

I decided to call my trailer the "Texas Steerdrop Trailer". That covers an owner with alot of "bull".

Am driving to Cottonwood, Arizona on the 10th of May for the AZ teardrop gathering at Dead Horse Stark Park. Are any other Tx folks going? Let me know.

Hope this message gets through.

Hal Heintz
Texas Steerdrop e-mail [email protected] ;)
Hal Heintz
Hal Heintz
Teardrop Inspector

Postby SteveH » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:07 pm

Hal,

First, let me welcome you to the forum officially. Know you've been around for a while, but this is your first post, so that makes it official. :)

Wish I could go to Cottonwood, but it is just too far and Joyce couldn't take that much time off. I checked on MapQuest and it's a little over 1000 miles. That's two hard days for me.

Have fun on your trip.
SteveH
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby davel » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:16 pm

Hal,

Good to see you on board. Enjoy your trip west. Hope to see you when we get the September gathering under way.
davel
Donating Member

Postby Larwyn » Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:36 am

Coca Cola Teardrop wrote:So are we looking at the weekend of Sept 23 - 26? We need a location and then I will be able to know for sure if I will be in attendance. I will probably come without Charles. He breaths hunting by mid Sept and he said he will probably be working at deer lease. So someone name location and I'll check out the map and driving time.
Charles and Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop

Late September, now that just might give me time to bring my Escape Pod to a useable state of construction. It would be during the Texas Ren Fest but I could skip that weekend at fest to make a teardrop gathering that close to home.

For those who might enjoy a Ren Fest we could also get together here in Plantersville. TRF has onsite camping only $5 a night. A bunch of teardrops "invading" the campground could be fun. The fest runs for 8 weeks and I am not suggesting a change from the orginal planed site, just an additional gathering for those who would like to check out the largest Ren Fest in the country. The fest itself is not cheap, but lots of fun.
Larwyn

Keeper of the Most Out Of Control Shop (2005)

I feel bad for the man that cannot spell a word more than one way. Mark Twain
Larwyn
Mad Kilted Texan

Postby TRAIL-OF-TEARS » Thu May 05, 2005 5:02 pm

dag nabbit, I need to read this forum more often. September sounds good The 23,24,25 would be great it is my Birthday on the 26th so I might have a little bargaining leverage :twisted: and the wife usually gets that Friday off before so right now things are looking good. Now all I need to do is finish the tear by June so we can take it to California in July :worship: I hope I can get it done.
Steve J.

Home built Camp-Inn clone.
GO SPURS GO
TRAIL-OF-TEARS
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to South Central