Second Texas Teardrop Gathering, Proposed?

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby davel » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:27 am

Steve,

I have no idea what McKinney Falls is like, but it's the only one down in that area that seemed to have sites open. That looks like it's a fairly close to those of you down there.
:thinking:
Just trying to find a place that has room.

Cindy said that the person she talked to at the reservations line actually knew what a teardrop was. With us traveling around trailer we'll educate a lot more.
:thumbsup:
davel
Donating Member

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:02 pm

Guess we will pass on a May gathering. I think we will need every spare minute working on the new teardrop to be ready for Minden in June. We have 9 weekends to get it built. Hope you all have fun and take pics no matter where you end up going.
Charles and Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Nascar/Coca Cola Teardrop
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby steve wolverton » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:25 pm

Lisa and I will be there if we can get the time off. I've got another interview for park police officer and assistant manager of a park. :)

We also picked up our new SUV this week. :thumbsup:

Steve
�veni, vidi, vici.�
steve wolverton
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby SteveH » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:23 pm

Steve,

The SUV looks nice. Looks like it would fit just right in front of a teardrop! :D Good luck on your job interviews.

Dave,

I know nothing about McKinney Falls, but if there are at least some that want to go, I'm in.

Charles and Linda,

Sorry y'all can't make it, and also a little sorry to hear you want to get rid of the Coca Cola teardrop. I think it is really unique and really nice.

I've been off the board since yesterday morning....been to a helicopter funfly with the teardrop. After all, that IS what I built if for. :lol:
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby davel » Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:46 pm

Steve,

Cindy and I are willing. Let's see if any others respond.
davel
Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:24 pm

steve wolverton wrote:Lisa and I will be there if we can get the time off. I've got another interview for park police officer and assistant manager of a park. :)

We also picked up our new SUV this week. :thumbsup:

Steve

Needs some 18's and a drop!
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby steve wolverton » Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:37 pm

asianflava wrote:
Needs some 18's and a drop!

:thinking:

I need a new job first. :)

Steve
�veni, vidi, vici.�
steve wolverton
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby John Teare » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:35 am

McKinney Falls is a pretty good park. It's about the size of Purtis Creek on the side we stayed at. Onion Creek flows through and there are smooth rock out croppings, mountain bike trails, hiking and if the water is flowing good you can go swimming in a pool below the "falls". We went there many times when we lived in San Marcos. It's on the southeast side of Austin. George T and Asianfalva won't have far to go. I can't commit right know. I have too many weekends tied up until mid-summer. Has anyone thought of a coast run? Mustang Island/ Aransas Pass or Seadrift?
Build it on paper first; it's easier to erase than to grow a short board!
John Teare
Teardrop Inspector

Postby SteveH » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:58 am

Has anyone thought of a coast run? Mustang Island/ Aransas Pass or Seadrift?

John,

Y'all can have all of that you want, just leave me out. Unless of course, you can come up with a place down there without sand, salt, and humidity. :lol:
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby davel » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:23 am

John - We're heading to Sea Rim on the 29th. We have a weather day at school and are taking advantage. We prefer Galveston but they were full.

SteveH - Haven't seen much response. Are we going to try McKinney Falls? If at least one other is going I'll make reservations.
davel
Donating Member

Postby SteveH » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:26 pm

Dave,

I think it's obvious we don't have enough interest in another gathering so soon this year, and think we should forget the idea.

Wish it would have worked out as I shure enjoyed meeting and visiting with everyone at Purtis Creek and was looking foward to doing more of it.

However, I also understand it is relatively soon to have another one, there are also quite a few folks that have conflicts on that weekend, and also a lot of the people building tears won't be finshed yet.

Maybe when the builders are complete there will be enough interest to have another gathering....maybe this fall.
SteveH
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby davel » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:46 pm

Sounds like you're probably right. I'm still in the building phase too and it's sort of hard to work on the tear if you're out camping.
davel
Donating Member

Postby GeorgeT » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:09 pm

I'm only about 20 minutes from McKiney Falls but ain't ready yet. The description above sounds pretty accurate of the campground. Fall gathering sounds like a good idea. Sometime after September 15th or so. Weather changes about then from too dang hot to a little dang hot now and then. I should be fully operational by then for sure and maybe have a practice run under my belt and soma the kinks worked out.

I have no experience with coastal camping or fishin' of any sorts. Been mostly an inland creature. Sometime later on I like to tag along behind someone that don't mind that's going down that way that's got some experience at it justa get my feet wet and learn what that kind o' camping is about.

If I'm camping-ready sooner and go somewheres to camp I'll give a hollar and see if any want to come too. :)
Lookin' up in da skize with ize on da prize
http://home.earthlink.net/~g.teague/
GeorgeT
The 300 Club

Postby SteveH » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:45 am

If I'm camping-ready sooner and go somewheres to camp I'll give a hollar and see if any want to come too.

George,

Please do that. I'd be interested in going AND seeing your popup teardrop.
SteveH
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby GeorgeT » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:45 am

Will do. :thumbsup:
Lookin' up in da skize with ize on da prize
http://home.earthlink.net/~g.teague/
GeorgeT
The 300 Club

PreviousNext

Return to South Central