Second Texas Teardrop Gathering, Proposed?

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby SteveH » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:10 am

OK, so what's the general concensus, which weekend would everyone like to go to Inks Lake, the 13, 14, 15th, or the 20, 21, 22nd?

Guess I should have asked this question in the beginning...DUH! :?

Sorry for messing this up, but suppose I was sort of excited about another gathering and the fact they had spaces available. That may be another issue to changing the date...do they have sites available?
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:11 pm

As far as I know either weekend works for us. Just need to make reservations and be sure to not make any other plans.
Charles and Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby McTeardrops » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:30 am

I've got classes scheduled for both weekends, but they don't always "make." If I could make either, my preference would be the weekend of the fourteenth.

Lenny

PS I should finish and test the basement AC this evening
Lenny

[email protected]
I've reached the stage, in life, where my foam has more memory than I do!
McTeardrops
The 300 Club

Postby SteveH » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:57 am

Since everyone that has responded, has responded positively for changing the date to the 14th, I have called and changed my reservation to the 14th. I promise not to change it again! :?

You can make reservations by either calling 512-389-8900, or on line at www.tpwd.state.tx.us the later being faster.

Since I'll probably be one of the first to get there (it's only about a 2 hour drive for me) I'll tell them we are a group when I get there and ask if we can be put in the same area. I'll tell them we are the teardrop group.

Again, hope everyone can make it, and again, I appologize for goofing it up the first time. Hope to see everyone there. :)
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby davel » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:21 am

Cindy's making reservations for that weekend also.

Hope to see everyone there. :P
davel
Donating Member

Postby davidbyrum » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:35 am

Hi Guys,

I've been reading about theTexas Teardrop Gathering and was hoping to attend even though I have just started making plans to build a teardrop (I'm assembling the trailer this weekend). Thought I'd at least come to park and see a few "in person". So far, all I've seen are pictures on WWW (still love 'em though).

Anyway I guess 'tis not to be, I'll be in Virgina at the end of May and moving my daughter out of A&M on the 13th an 14th. Oh well, maybe next time (hey, I may even have my teardrop finished before the next gathering!). Anway, keep up the gatherings as I look forward to meeting the group one of these days.
Photos of my build at:

http://davidbyrum.blogspot.com
davidbyrum
Teardrop Inspector

Postby SteveH » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:28 pm

David,

Sorry you won't be able to attend, but hey, we're almost neighbors. You are welcome to drop by any time, visit, and see my tear. I've just built the one, but at least I can tell you some of the things NOT to do. :)
SteveH
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:44 pm

David, Welcome to the forum.
Hey everyone it looks like the Coca Cola Teardrop won't make it to Inks Lake. I called first thing this morning and there were no available elec/water sites for the 13th and 14th. Guess we will use that weekend to work on teardrop #2. It will probably be the "Nascar/Coca Cola Teardrop"
Hope everyone has fun.
We'll try to catch you at the next gathering
Charles and Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby GeorgeT » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:21 pm

I seriously doubt I will be finished by that weekend. I was sure wanting to attend the last one but still got a ways to go. Hopefully you guys will still be gathering by the time I finish up. I am looking at realistically sometime Juneish. I still want to fish at Purtis Creek out of my kayak someday. I hear largemouths do come into the shallows on hot summer days if the baitfish are there. Anyway would still very much like to attend a gathering. I have visited and fished most of the Highland Lakes over the years including Inks Lake. Very nice place. :)
Lookin' up in da skize with ize on da prize
http://home.earthlink.net/~g.teague/
GeorgeT
The 300 Club

Postby asianflava » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:15 pm

Looks like I will have to work on those days. Hopefully I can get some time off so I can head over for to visit. I think it's only 40-50mi from my place.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby davel » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:12 pm

We were unable to get reservations also. :cry: Guess I'll have to do honey-do projects instead. (Actually I may use this time to work on the galley.
davel
Donating Member

Postby SteveH » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:54 pm

Bummer, this is not turning out good. Am I the only one with reservations? Will this be a gathering of one? :( I don't think so.
SteveH
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby davel » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:08 pm

Steve,

When we called this morning they only 6 tent sites left. This must be a popular park. I don't remember it being that busy back in the late 70's. We'll just have to regroup.
davel
Donating Member

Postby davel » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:22 pm

McKinney Falls has 58 sites open that weekend. Every place else seems to be booked.
davel
Donating Member

Postby SteveH » Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:35 am

Dave,

If there's at least some of the teardropers that want to go to McKinney Falls that weekend, I'm in.

How about it, any one want to go to McKinney Falls?
SteveH
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to South Central