LCG5, October 28 - November 1, 2010

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Re: Visitor

Postby mechmagcn » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:54 pm

rcsla wrote:Hi everyone - I'm new on the site and have been researching teardrops. I'd really love to see one in person before building. I just learned minutes ago about the gathering this weekend. I don't want to intrude as a non-owner but would love to drive up maybe on Saturday to see some of the TDs and meet people. Hope no one minds.

Randy

Randy, Come on DOWN!!!!! Sat. is open house day, we all open our rigs for the world to see. We'll be having a pot-luck dinner, so be prepared to eat with us. Hope to bring you into the world of teardrops and some of the most friendly people you'll ever meet.
Jeff & Micki
53 F100
Mercedes turbo diesel
Teardrop "finished" as if they ever are
You can never be lost if you don't care where you are going!
mechmagcn
Donating Member

Re: Visitor

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:09 pm

rcsla wrote:Hi everyone - I'm new on the site and have been researching teardrops. I'd really love to see one in person before building. I just learned minutes ago about the gathering this weekend. I don't want to intrude as a non-owner but would love to drive up maybe on Saturday to see some of the TDs and meet people. Hope no one minds.

Randy

You might want to grab a sleeping bag and a tent in case you get to enjoying yourself....oh and I think they have cabins..... :cry:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby tonyj » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:56 pm

And we have wi-fi (slow) and cell reception at the camp sites, so no one can get away with talking smack about us while we are camping.
Still graced with two eyes and ten fingers (due in no small part to luck!).

Just when you think a problem is solved, an uglier result replaces it.

tony
tonyj
Super Lifetime Member

We're coming but...

Postby McTeardrops » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:49 pm

we'll be there Saturday morning (maybe in time for breakfast?) Within the last hour the rebuilt tear was bolted onto the frame, and the tires mounted. No hatch and no doors right now, but we're coming!

Joanne
Lenny

[email protected]
I've reached the stage, in life, where my foam has more memory than I do!
McTeardrops
The 300 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:39 pm

tonyj wrote:And we have wi-fi (slow) and cell reception at the camp sites, so no one can get away with talking smack about us while we are camping.

:thinking: :R
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby peggyearlchris » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:39 pm

Sure wished I was there. :cry: Earl's in the hospital again.My mom still not well. It's been a bad year. Everyone have lots of fun and a safe trip back home. I can't wait to see all the pictures. Take care Peg
peggyearlchris
500 Club

Postby 2bits » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:18 am

I debated staying Sunday night but in the end decided I wanted to work on my Monte Carlo all day Monday so I was the last to leave Sunday at around 2:30. I took the slower scenic route down Hwy 80 back to Dallas and it was much more enjoyable than the freewayland I took on the way there at 90 mph, got home looking at a nice sunset.

I whittled the 300 photos I took down to 97. I hope you enjoy them, thanks for the sign Scott!

http://www.grossepointegothic.com/Events/LCGV/
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Rosey » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:38 am

I made it through my first gathering. :) I had fun! It was good to meet everyone! Hope to make it next year with a camper! BTW, please let Danny know, I'm planning on building. :lol:
Rosey
Teardrop Master

Postby StPatron » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:35 am

2bits wrote:I whittled the 300 photos I took down to 97. I hope you enjoy them

Many thanks for the photos, Thomas! Great shots.

When I started my build my goal was to attend LCG this year, didn't happen. Looking forward to LCG in 2011 and other gatherings sooner.

I saw the pic of the Monte Carlo on another thread, congrats!
StPatron
Donating Member

Postby davel » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:17 am

Great shots! :thumbsup: :applause:
davel
Donating Member

Postby rockinrobin » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:35 am

Great pics Thomas, Thanks, Ronnie :thumbsup:
" It's all good"
rockinrobin
Titanium Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:29 am

Thomas, awesome pictures! They told the story of the gathering just perfectly! :thumbsup:

Have a few questions:
Who's kitchen food locker was that in pic #41
Who's Road Pocket Teardrop was that in pic #32 - awesome looking Tear!
Who's kitchen table washing station in pic #30 - was it homemade?

It looks like such a good time was had by all. I hope, hope, hope I can make it to LCG6.

Thanks again the sharing the photos. :)
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:34 am

CAJUN LADY wrote:Thomas, awesome pictures! They told the story of the gathering just perfectly! :thumbsup:

Have a few questions:
Who's kitchen food locker was that in pic #41
Who's Road Pocket Teardrop was that in pic #32 - awesome looking Tear!
Who's kitchen table washing station in pic #30 - was it homemade?

It looks like such a good time was had by all. I hope, hope, hope I can make it to LCG6.

Thanks again the sharing the photos. :)

Thanks all for the comments on the photos! I wanted to add captions to the photos for extra effect and to describe some things that were not apparent, like Woody going up to turn off the fog machine that his son fired up as a joke. It was a bit of a serious moment with the Park Ranger though! :lol:

The water balloon action was good too. I am looking forward to the other pics and movies of that! (Loader....;) )

I woulda like to seen ya there Becca, maybe next time! To answer your questions:

#41 That was James Worley's new Little Guy and the Chuck Wagon cabinet. I thought they brought both trailers at first because it looked so similar to the Cowboy camper. Joycalyne also made these Smores gift packets that I think people thought were so nice they didn't want to open them! It was a great keepsake.

#32 That was the coolest trailer I saw personally speaking. Built by T G Shipman from Topeka, Kansas. His wife's name is Jeannie, so thus the Jeannie bottle interior, which also fits the NASA and rocket elements too.

#30 is Bob and Pam Bertrand's. I believe it was homemade. They also had a tankless water heater on the back of the wood panel that heater the water up! Also, you can see a shower head handle sticking up on the upper right corner of it for a hot shower.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby aggie79 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:18 pm

To Madjack, Scott, and everyone else that helped organize the outing, thank you very much! Linda and I are not really people folks, but everyone at Lake Bisteneau made us feel welcome. Next year we will be there for the full four days.

Thomas,

Thanks for the pictures. My wife and I spent so much time visiting that we didn't get around to you're area of the campgrounds and also forgot to take pictures.

Gary,
I hope to meet you at LCG 6 next year and see your great TTT.

Tom
Last edited by aggie79 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby 2bits » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:58 pm

Hey Tom,

To be honest, I am not really a "people person" myself, just "some" people ;) I love just camping by myself of with a counterpart, but the gatherings are a very unique thing indeed. Everything is very festive. I usually miss seeing everyone myself, but this year I made a point to go to each site and at least get a photo, and I STILL missed people! I did make some new friends which is cool.

Glad you and Linda made it!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

PreviousNext

Return to South Central