Loyd Park -- Joe Pool Lake 9-24 & 9-25, 2010

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:52 pm

I can bring some firewood. I'll try to remember to grab a sack of scrap wood from the shop too. Makes good starter

Cold front would be super
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby Todah Tear » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:31 pm

Woodyperk6 wrote:Todah, that looks good to me :thumbsup: .

We've got 26 campsites so we may need quite a few of them....?

I'm on it Capt'n! I made them where each person can put write their name in. I guess I could add a line for your forum name as well.

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:51 pm

Woodyperk6 wrote:Lotsa Questions. Here's some answers:

There is a $10 per day ($20 for the weekend) vehicle fee that covers up to 6 people per car. It covers everything from the boat ramp to the kids playground.

Todah, if your friends want to stay at your site in a tent that is OK. They will let us have a tent & a trailer on a spot but not two trailers.

If y'all have anymore questions I'll try to answer them.

Hey Woody, Is $20 for the weekend right? I might be remembering wrong but if I recall they charged me for Friday Sat and Sun ($30) and I was none too happy, but please tell me I am wrong and I will be very happy about it. I did not realize that parks charged like that until my first time at a non state park. One more reason to hit up state parks where the entry fee is $3-$5 per day. I looked up a Lewisville city park one time and they wanted $15 just for the entry!!! I guess that State Park pass my mom got me last year paid off for me more last year than I realized! That's why I am behind the times on the daily fees, since I almost always camped at state parks last year, my first state park camping trip this year is the date I will be buying another pass!

Also regarding having a tent and a trailer that is no problem but if they drive their own car they will need to park at a parking lot spot down the street otherwise there is an extra vehicle fee of like $4-5 right? Because they have a 2 vehicle max and the trailer counts as a vehicle.

Are these answers or questions I am posting??? :?
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Woodyperk6 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:41 am

Thomas, The vehicle fee is $10.00 for Fri. and $10.00 for Sat. for up to six people in the vehicle. This corresponds with your campsite reservation where you check in on Fri. and leave by 2PM on Sunday. No fee should be paid for Sunday. We have been camping at Loyd Park for 14 years and never paid a fee for Sunday unless we camped on Sunday night.

At TX. state parks the entry fee is per person per day unless you have a park pass. If you camp by yourself it is cheap )$3 to $5)but if you pay for a family it can get expensive. Up to $18 to $30 per day if six people are in a car. Also state park campsites range in price from $18 to $24 per day.

At Loyd Park if you have your trailer on a spot and you have friend come to camp in a tent they will have to pay the vehicle fee of $10 for each night they camp and they can park their car at your site. Loyd Park does not consider a trailer a vehicle but Tx. state parks do.

Counting campsite fees and entry fees our group is bringing them over $1400 for next weekend. They are usually easy on the rules and will be nice to us.

Hope this clears things up some for everyone.
Woody & Tammy

One day closer.
Woodyperk6
Platinum Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:23 pm

Woodyperk6 wrote:Thomas, The vehicle fee is $10.00 for Fri. and $10.00 for Sat. for up to six people in the vehicle. This corresponds with your campsite reservation where you check in on Fri. and leave by 2PM on Sunday. No fee should be paid for Sunday. We have been camping at Loyd Park for 14 years and never paid a fee for Sunday unless we camped on Sunday night.

At TX. state parks the entry fee is per person per day unless you have a park pass. If you camp by yourself it is cheap )$3 to $5)but if you pay for a family it can get expensive. Up to $18 to $30 per day if six people are in a car. Also state park campsites range in price from $18 to $24 per day.

At Loyd Park if you have your trailer on a spot and you have friend come to camp in a tent they will have to pay the vehicle fee of $10 for each night they camp and they can park their car at your site. Loyd Park does not consider a trailer a vehicle but Tx. state parks do.

Counting campsite fees and entry fees our group is bringing them over $1400 for next weekend. They are usually easy on the rules and will be nice to us.

Hope this clears things up some for everyone.

Hey Woody, thanks for the good info!!! I will take it from the expert! That's what I wanted to hear and you're right, with it just being me or me and one other that changes the score alot cost-wise! Thanks for the cleareefyin!
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:56 pm

The teardrop is packed and the back of the truck is packed.

Just need to put a few things in the front of the truck and pack food and ice chest Fri am and I'll be ready to roll

:D
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:07 pm

I need to stop focusing on my engine and get the Teardrop ready to go! I don't know if I will get around to re doing the side profile trim, but I definitely want to get my galley hatch back up latch installed, then it's just pack the clothes and get some new lamp batteries when I get the food and drink and I will be ready to go. Everything else is done! :twisted:
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby WesGrimes » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:23 pm

I can not get my tear ready in time. I still have no doors...
I will be camping in the mother in-laws 5th wheel.
I am bummed about it, but progress on the fiberglass has just been too slow.
It will be nice to see everyone's builds and meet everyone.
WesGrimes
Teardrop Master

Postby caseydog » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:29 pm

Coca Cola Teardrop wrote:The teardrop is packed and the back of the truck is packed.

Just need to put a few things in the front of the truck and pack food and ice chest Fri am and I'll be ready to roll

Wow, you are packed? I haven't even started to think about packing. Must be a guy thing vs. a girl thing. :lol:

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby caseydog » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:32 pm

WesGrimes wrote:I can not get my tear ready in time. I still have no doors...

If you are in a fifth-wheel, you will have to park away from us, and wear a mask when not with us. And, we reserve the right to wrap your fifth-wheel with bathroom paper goods -- or worse. :twisted:

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:50 pm

caseydog wrote:
Coca Cola Teardrop wrote:The teardrop is packed and the back of the truck is packed.

Wow, you are packed? I haven't even started to think about packing. Must be a guy thing vs. a girl thing. :lol:

CD

Guess so...........or ..........it's a Linda thing. :roll:

I don't pack last minute. I'll forget something. I don't want to feel rushed Thursday night either. so,,, I"m packed up. :D
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby BPerkins86 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:14 pm

Howdy everyone,

loooong time no post, but just to let everyone know, I am bringing the COOLERITA, that noted it does get a little expensive to keep it stocked and i was wondering if anyone could help by donating some cheap tequila or cheap triple sec. I have six bottles of mix thats enough for three 2:1 batches. Just let me know. I am also bringing two large bags of Kingsford competition grade charcoal. Hope to see everyone there.
Brandon, Chasity, and Dylan
BPerkins86
Teardrop Builder

Postby WesGrimes » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:18 pm

caseydog wrote:
WesGrimes wrote:I can not get my tear ready in time. I still have no doors...

If you are in a fifth-wheel, you will have to park away from us, and wear a mask when not with us. And, we reserve the right to wrap your fifth-wheel with bathroom paper goods -- or worse. :twisted:

CD

I gotta remember to bring my dog whistle with me. 8)
WesGrimes
Teardrop Master

Postby Woodyperk6 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:33 pm

You're welcome Thomas.

We're bringing firewood, charcoal and some hamburger meat for Sat. night potluck.

We'll also bring a cheap bottle of tequila and tripple sec. If someone else can bring some tequila and tripple sec also we can get Brandon and Chasity to make margaritas Fri. & Sat. nights. :thumbsup:
Woody & Tammy

One day closer.
Woodyperk6
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Todah Tear » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:47 pm

Wow, this group is bringing in $1400 that weekend. That's super!

Guys, thanks for the clarification on the tent camping. Unfortunately my guests probably won't camp over night Sat. to Sunday because I am going to have to pull out Saturday night. I was just asked this morning to be one of the speakers for church's early morning service next Sunday...our 8 am service.

Linda, all I have to say is "You go girl!!!" :applause:. I with you; I'm excited and ready to go!

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to South Central