6th Beavers Bend Gathering March 25 - 27, 2011

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:47 pm

I want to shout out to all our South Central Teardrop friends that are not able to make the Beavers Bend 2011 gathering. Whether it be health, work, family or finances that's keeping you away this year please know that we will be thinking of each one of you this weekend and hope you can be with us in 2012.

I wish you all a Blessed Weekend.

I pray that each of you traveling to BB this weekend have a safe trip and we will see you Thursday or Friday.
Last edited by Coca Cola Teardrop on Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby caseydog » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:51 pm

Linda, I can't read your last post, could you please use larger type?

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:02 pm

caseydog wrote:Linda, I can't read your last post, could you please use larger type?

CD

:lol: I have to use large font since I am shouting out to our friends 8)
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby Cindy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:22 pm

Now, children, stop yelling at each other. I am bringing the rattle snake cups. So, Friday night anybody for rattle snakes?
Hot Cindy
My goal is to really live my life. I want to take risks, make a difference, and know that I have done all I can do to give hope to others.
Cindy
500 Club

Postby caseydog » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:29 pm

Cindy wrote:Now, children, stop yelling at each other. I am bringing the rattle snake cups. So, Friday night anybody for rattle snakes?

How long does it take to recover from one of them snake bites? :thinking:

CD
Last edited by caseydog on Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:30 pm

well, Charles is still cleaning and cutting up fish. He has caught a lot of fish this week. He had 9 Op yesterday that their combined weight was 68 pounds
Not going to bed early that's for sure.
I hope I can get him out of bed at daylight to water garden and feed and water dogs while I pack ice chest and hook onto the trailer.

We are hoping to leave by 8am tomorrow.
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:32 pm

Cindy wrote:Dave and I might be there by dinner. I will pick up something for dessert just in case - Little Debbie makes really good stuff!
:lol:
Saturday night, I am going to cook chicken fried venison. We were given 2 deer this year so I have plenty. That with gravy is heaven. Does somebody want to make mashed potatoes to go with it?

Dibs on the mashed taters. I will make "Real" ones from actual peeled and boiled potatoes too. I have a biggo pot perfect for em and a mashing utensil I have never used LOL...
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Todah Tear » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:35 pm

caseydog wrote:Maybe we should have BB Swap Meet. :thinking:

We have the pavilion. We could set up our surplus for a few hours on Saturday.

CD

Might be a good thing! Cash only :R

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby caseydog » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:36 pm

Todah Tear wrote:
caseydog wrote:Maybe we should have BB Swap Meet. :thinking:

We have the pavilion. We could set up our surplus for a few hours on Saturday.

CD

Might be a good thing! Cash only :R

Todah

Cash or trade. :thumbsup:

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Todah Tear » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:36 pm

Coca Cola Teardrop wrote:well, Charles is still cleaning and cutting up fish. He has caught a lot of fish this week. He had 9 Op yesterday that their combined weight was 68 pounds

I can bring some Twisted Coal slaw.

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:36 pm

2bits wrote:
Cindy wrote:Dave and I might be there by dinner. I will pick up something for dessert just in case - Little Debbie makes really good stuff!
Saturday night, I am going to cook chicken fried venison. We were given 2 deer this year so I have plenty. That with gravy is heaven. Does somebody want to make mashed potatoes to go with it?

Dibs on the mashed taters. I will make "Real" ones from actual peeled and boiled potatoes too. I have a biggo pot perfect for em and a mashing utensil I have never used LOL...

Is there any other way to make mashed potatoes? Peel, wash, boil, mash. Only way I know to make them
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby caseydog » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:43 pm

Coca Cola Teardrop wrote:
2bits wrote:

Is there any other way to make mashed potatoes? Peel, wash, boil, mash. Only way I know to make them

I actually wash mine, cut them up and boil them, and mash them with butter, half-and-half and garlic -- skins and all.

That way, you get plenty of fiber to offset the fat. :lol:

I like it... my doctor... not so much. :roll:

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby 2bits » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:45 pm

I test drove my truck today and it ran perfect, so I hooked up the teardrop and loaded up the truck and stopped by the car wash on the way to my new house almost an hour away and there were no issues, so I am doin good vehicle-wise. Still planing on hitting BB around 1-2pm, leaving Hugo at noon.

:thumbsup:

Man.... You guys shoulda seen me back the trailer up into my carport spot at my new place, it was sweet. I got it within a couple of inches of the pole with only one redirect and I haven't pulled it out since Christmas! I am sure I will bomb when I get to the campsite tho but that was a confidence builder after not towing for so long...

I also loaded a pretty good amount of split wood too, not all I had but one full row across the bed of the truck... plenty for at least one full night!

I have been going 16 hrs a day for the past two months and I am ready for some CHILL TIME!!!

:beer: :Flippin Burger: :campfire:
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby 2bits » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:52 pm

caseydog wrote:
Coca Cola Teardrop wrote:
2bits wrote:

I actually mash them with skins and all.

CD

I don't like them with the skins, alot of people do, but it's just not my personal taste.

I grew up in a poor household so we had the boxed kind. That's not my personal taste either, but I thought I would mention that, like I am not gonna bring chili from a can ;)
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:39 pm

Hey Cindy ... rattlesnakes... what's in those? I hope to bring stuff to make a Royal ____ shot that I can't post here ! hahaha

We'll see.

Tommy ... I know a LOT of us are looking for a very RELAXING weekend ... I plan to plant my butt in an easy chair and kick back.
Kenny needs the rest too!
He was getting the plug for the tail lights on today and having a problem with them ... hope we get it figured out early tomorrow. !

the Jewel
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to South Central